THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Dana White needs to go!

1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Dana White needs to go! Empty Dana White needs to go!

Post  1972-casual Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Anybody else read about him slating the fans who booed during the Johnson v Benavidez fight? Basically calling them morons and telling them not to ever buy another PPV and that they don't understand the fight game etc.

I can sort of understand his frustration at fans booing to an extent but to call the people that buy his product and line his pockets is insane. Surely he would be better just saying people are entitled the there opinion etc. It's like a football chairman telling season ticket holders to fuck off and never come again if they don't like what they see.

I accept that he's done a lot for MMA and the UFC but he really does think he's bigger than the sport and god like. I think the UFC need to make some changes before his obsession undoes a;; the hard work.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Dana White needs to go! Empty Re: Dana White needs to go!

Post  Mryzyz Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:01 pm

I don't want the people who would boo that fight to be associated with MMA in any way. The whole sport is the worse for having them.

Welcoming their $$$ is also welcoming their attitude. Online forums are worse if they are involved, live events are worse if they are involved, any alteration to the sport made by catering to these people would be to it's detriment.

Taking their money could be called 'selling out'

It was refreshing to hear Dana say something like that.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:42 pm

I DVR'd UFC last night, and watched it this morning, and i had to fast forward most of FW title fight, only really caught a glimpse of that guillotine in 4th round.

If that makes me a casual fan, so be it. But i was not about to waste 30+ mins watching that fight.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:37 pm

I did the same as meanie fast-forwarding the entire fight!, not saying flyweights are boring but i KNEW that fight was going to a decision and i dont really care about either fighter.

as you all know im a real MMA fan who appreciates the skills which those guys possess. Here's the thing folks...skilled world class fighters giving 100% can still be boring .
    especially if you dont care about those fighters.
    MMA is a professional sport where everyone involved is making their living on providing entertainment to the fans.

as for Dana, he is an idiot and i cringe every time i hear him speak in that annoying voice. If i was Lorenzo i'd send him packing.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:08 pm

It was an okay fight. I didn't find it particularly exciting. Wether it was dull or not is a bit beside the point.

The point is, the booing was disgraceful, and those kind of fans don't do the sport any favours.

You can't help it if you find something boring, but the ignorance and lack of respect was shocking.

The massive cage certainly doesn't help the lighter weights. Maybe they should have some events in a 27ft^2 cage and have the <155lb title fights headline those. I may be looking through rose tinted spectacles, but 135 and 145lb fights seemed more entertaining in the WEC.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:53 pm

I found the fight boring TBH I said last night on chatbox that IMO Johnson is going to be hard to sell especially as Champion I can honestly see him only defending on Fuel fans will not want to see him on PPV or on FOX.

As for Dana I do feel he should step out the spotlight in fact the Fertitta's should finally do something about his out bursts. I honestly feel even though he has done a lot of good things he is also holding back the sport.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 pm