THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
the_king
The_Axe_Emperor
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
8 posters

Tito Ortiz vs Lil Nog at UFC 128 Rumor

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Tito Ortiz vs Lil Nog at UFC 128 Rumor Empty Tito Ortiz vs Lil Nog at UFC 128 Rumor

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:58 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21370/tito-ortiz-vs-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-on-tap-for-march-2011-possibly-ufc-128.mma

So Tito maby isnt cut? This is a great fight IMO. Especially as Lil Nog has been given tough fight by Brilz and Bader (I think he won against Bader and drew with Brilz) but he is 1-1 in his last 2 against two wrestlers so Tito could be a tough fight for him...

Either way its a chance for Lil Nog to hopefully get back on track to being a contender for Shoguns title. Or its a chance for Tito to Keep him job in a high profile fight.

I like the matchmaking and I see Lil Nog winning by battering Tito on the feet...

Anyone else?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Tito Ortiz vs Lil Nog at UFC 128 Rumor Empty Re: Tito Ortiz vs Lil Nog at UFC 128 Rumor

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Why is Tito not cut?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Tito Ortiz vs Lil Nog at UFC 128 Rumor Empty Re: Tito Ortiz vs Lil Nog at UFC 128 Rumor

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Because he is Tito! Just because of name recognition and he is still a draw of sorts...

He gave Hamill and Griffin competitive fights to be fair so Its not like he is getting sparked. UFC will 100% cut him after this but IMO he is being fed to Nog to get Nog a recognisable win and put him with the rest of the pack in title contention....

Id love to see Lil Nog win this and fight the loose or Rampage vs Machida or Matt Hamill.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Actually balls to that, if he wins the T.Silva vs Vera winner would be an awsome fight for Nog.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Tito should've been cut but Lil Nog is a good bit of matchmaking as Nog is on a two fight losing streak... Cool
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:05 pm

i dont get it. i like tito and lil nog. but why are they fighting surely for little nog this is a step backwards. i see dana looking at this as a easy nog victory and as ben says a named win. but what if tito wins dana will look stupid.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:07 pm

If Tito wins Tito's back in the picture for at least another fight. I don't think Dana will care, Tito's a bankable commodity. Money > personal dislike for Dana I think.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:13 pm

sunthunder wrote:If Tito wins Tito's back in the picture for at least another fight. I don't think Dana will care, Tito's a bankable commodity. Money > personal dislike for Dana I think.

i thought they patched things up when he re signed.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Nog needs a step back after a loss, If he wins this Forrest Griffin would be a great opponent. I actually see Forrest as an easier fight for Nog to be fair.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:24 pm

It's a much needed step back for Nog to be fair. He blasted an overhyped underskilled fighter in Cane, then got a VERY kind decision against Brilz (who???) and lost to Bader. Tito is a winnable fight but i wouldn't rule him out completely as hes just the sort of fighter Nogs had trouble with of late.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:It's a much needed step back for Nog to be fair. He blasted an overhyped underskilled fighter in Cane, then got a VERY kind decision against Brilz (who???) and lost to Bader. Tito is a winnable fight but i wouldn't rule him out completely as hes just the sort of fighter Nogs had trouble with of late.

The Brilz fight wasn't as controversial as a lot of people make it out to be. Each fighter clearly won one round, and they had one incredibly close round. I saw it for Nog personally.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:42 pm

sunthunder wrote:
    The_Axe_Emperor wrote:It's a much needed step back for Nog to be fair. He blasted an overhyped underskilled fighter in Cane, then got a VERY kind decision against Brilz (who???) and lost to Bader. Tito is a winnable fight but i wouldn't rule him out completely as hes just the sort of fighter Nogs had trouble with of late.

The Brilz fight wasn't as controversial as a lot of people make it out to be. Each fighter clearly won one round, and they had one incredibly close round. I saw it for Nog personally.

Doesn't matter, Brilz is the definition of the word 'nobody', a so-called top contender like Nog should be breezing past him, especially as Brilz was a late replacement!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Nog beat Bader though, most MMA websites and computerised scoring confirmed so... Nog was robbed IMO.

Another bullshit decision because Cage controll is open to interperation...

Think about it like this, Nog stuffed his takedowns quite a big but that countsd for nothing despite the face it kept the fight on the feet where he wanted it = cage controll.

This was totally overlooked by the judges, Bullshit decision. Go back and look at any computerised scoring that tallies strikes and TD's etc..

I agree Brilz was a shite performance but he fought sick or injured, im 99% sure of that but he didnt want to make a song and dance about it. Still no excuse even if he wanst 100% it was a terrible perfromance, but gifted one decision and robbed in another is no big deal thats MMA judging for you!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:19 pm

i agree he beat bader there have been some bad ref calls this year lets hope 2011 is better.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:23 pm

I had Bader and Brilz beating lil Nog personally.

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I had Bader and Brilz beating lil Nog personally.

Same. Sure, Nog had a case for winning in both but the fact is he lost one and won the other, when in actuality he could've probably lost both on another night.

Interesting that he's yet another example of a PRIDE star not cutting it in the UFC.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:57 pm

[/quote]

Interesting that he's yet another example of a PRIDE star not cutting it in the UFC.[/quote]

thats something that iv thought about for a while all these fighters that are legends in pride seem to fade away in ufc. maybe the cage or because its america i wonder what other people think of it.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:59 pm

I think in honesty its just time catching them up. Most of the time when UFC stars went to PRIDE they came up short too.

The only real success story has been Shogun but he was only starting out in PRIDE. And of course Anderson who was hardly even a star in PRIDE.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Nog = Won Hw Title
    Anderson = Won Mw Title
    Rampage = Won Lhw Title
    Shogun = Won Lhw Title
    Hendo = 2 Title fights in UFC, against other PRIDE Guys!!

This Pride not cutting it is a load of shite 4 champs including UFC's most dominant champ and the guy who is more often than not seen as the top p4p guys all came from pride...

scratch
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Bader beat Nog easily and Brilz beat him too.

Nog will destroy Tito though.

Tito being in the UFC is down to a long time friendship with Lorenzo. Even before he left the UFC he did most of his negotiating with Lorenzo instead of Dana. Him and Dana might have patched things up but the first chance either gets the walls of friendship will come tumbling down.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:15 pm

The myth that the Pride guys can't cut it falls to Nog, Wandi, Hendo and CroCop.

4 guys who were all past their best when they landed in the UFC.

Anderson, Shogun and Rampage would all point to Pride guys more than cutting it in the UFC.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Big Nog, 3-2 record in the UFC, in 2 of his wins he was battered.

Anderson, read above he was hardly a PRIDE star, but granted he is a rare exception to the rule.

Rampage, 5-2 record, soon to be 5-3, hardly a world beater.

Shogun, 3-2 in UFC, still yet to rekindle the good old days of destroying cunts on a regular basis as his knees just won't allow it.

Henderson, also 3-2 in UFC, also lost in Strikeforce so is 3-3 since PRIDE went under.

You're putting too much substance in title wins Ben, even though you always say not to do so.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Nog was at his peak in 01-04, fights in the last 2 years really don't refelct the man who was a top guy in PRIDE.

Anderson was not a contender in PRIDE and had a 3-2 run, losing to a journeyman and a can. Spider went on to dominate the UFC middleweight division.

Hendo, now aged 40, was 3-2 in the UFC with wins over UFC stars Rich Franklin (185 champ at the same time Hendo was in PRIDE), Michael Bisping (7-1 in UFC at the time), and Rousimare Palhares.
    his losses came to PRIDE fighters Rampage and Anderson Silva.

Shogun is not the kind of physical fighter he was in PRIDE, and is still the clear #1 lightheavyweight in the UFC and world.

Little Nog deserved to win both of those fights

Twisted Evil
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:46 pm

I don't know how people can use the Cro-cop was past his prime when he came to the UFC crap.

he came to the UFC on the back of his best moment in MMA,he'd just won the GP and that was only 5 months before he came to the UFC.

Gonzaga decapitated him and Kongo beat him also within a year of him winning the GP.
    Did his prime pass him as soon as he lifted the trophy or something?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:48 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I don't know how people can use the Cro-cop was past his prime when he came to the UFC crap.

he came to the UFC on the back of his best moment in MMA,he'd just won the GP and that was only 5 months before he came to the UFC.

Gonzaga decapitated him and Kongo beat him also within a year of him winning the GP.
    Did his prime pass him as soon as he lifted the trophy or something?

Yep, Cro-Cop is the prime example of what we're both talking about here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:49 pm