THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Vitor Interview

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Vitor Interview Empty Vitor Interview

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Vitor Interview Thumbnail.aspx?q=258767924286&id=95829a0cc5f0d1efe76b8ea4e6d4de4a&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.mmabay.co.uk%2fimg%2fVitor%2520Belfort%2520001
    Former UFC champion, Vitor Belfort moved to Las Vegas, where he will make his preparation to dispute the middleweight title against Anderson Silva, on February 5. On an exclusive interview to TATAME, “The Phenom” talked about the reasons why he moved to Las Vegas, explained why he accepted to fight against Anderson even after a time off, and complimented his opponent. “Anderson is very versatile so you can’t have one settled game plan. I know he’s the best in the world, but I can get intimidated by it”, guarantees Vitor, replying the statements of Wanderlei Silva, who betted on Anderson. Check below the exclusive chat with Belfort.

How are the trainings for Anderson Silva’s bout going?

Great man, the rhythm is good. I’ve been training with Ray Sefo, Rodrigo Artilheriro, a world champion of Muay Thai… I’ve been training on Randy Couture’s gym and on Tapout’s gym. Everything’s going just fine. Vegas don’t have beaches, so I only train here. I decided to move here because I want to end my career on the United States, where I started it.

You were about to fight Yushin Okami in November. What changed in your training now you’ll only fight in February?

I slowed it down a little. I had to hold it for a while so I wouldn’t get over trained, since Anderson’s fight will only happen in February. But now in November I’ll set my training strategy.

You are almost a year off and now you’ll have this title fight. Wouldn’t you like to do another fight before this one so you’d be on a better rhythm?

Every rule has its exceptions, I’ve had the opportunity, so I don’t care about the “ifs”. I don’t have this word in my vocabulary.

You once were the heavyweight and then light heavyweight champion and now you have the chance to make history as you’ll fight for a belt on a another division. Does that motivate you for this fight against Anderson?

That’s just one of the factors that motivate me. What motivates me the most is being able to perform the work I’ve been doing in a good act. My expectations are these, they are all about what I can do on that fight.

Do you already have a strategy settled for this bout?

Anderson is very versatile so you can’t have one settled game plan. The important thing is to be prepared for anything because he’s a great fighter. You can get there thinking things will go one way, but it can suddenly change. I know he’s the best in the world, but I can get intimidated by it.

Wanderlei Silva gave a statement saying that Anderson Silva will freak the hell out of you. What do you think about it?

I don’t think anything, he’s a spectator and he can think whatever he wants to. If you have a mouth, you can say whatever you want and Wanderlei has a big mouth. But it’s about cheering, everyone can cheer for their favorite, and the important is to be respectful and know how to choose the right words. In February I’ll have my chance for the belt and let’s see how it’ll be.

What did you think of the bout between Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasquez? And what do you expect for Junior Cigano’s fight against the new heavyweight champion?

Velasquez is pretty fast and Lesnar doesn’t have that MMA fighter talent. He’s a wrestler and is really powerful… my congratulations Velasquez, you did a fantastic fight, and now he’ll confront a skillful guy. Cigano has all the weapons to win, but we can’t forget the dangers that his opponent might present him.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Vitor Interview Empty Re: Vitor Interview

Post  the_king Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 pm

i still expect a pullout though.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Vitor Interview Empty Re: Vitor Interview

Post  Albion_Oakley Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:26 am