THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
Paddyjock
The_Axe_Emperor
Anfields5thKing
Sly Uses
mikeyboybisping
the_king
hendos_right_hook
11 posters

"Mayor UFC Announcement" to be made tommorow

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

"Mayor UFC Announcement" to be made tommorow - Page 2 Empty Re: "Mayor UFC Announcement" to be made tommorow

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Miguel Torres has this to say:

“You’re going to see a lot of (fighters dropping weight classes). Look at Frankie Edgar. He could easily make 135. Frankie’s a good example. He’s a champ at 155 and could be a champion at any weight class he wants. 155, 135, and 145 (pound divisions).”

On how he expects to effect him in the current months and why it’s so appealing to the roster of WEC fighters, Torres added:

“It’s pretty wild man. (It’s) something that I’ve been wanting to happen for a long time and now it’s here. It’s going to give me a bigger audience and show how much of a badass I am. Worldwide, in the grand scheme of things, it’s huge. I was already known worldwide, but now people anywhere in the world, they’re going to see our fights now. Everything in general the UFC is going to offer the lighter weight class fighters is going to be huge. It puts on potential match ups for different fighters in the UFC and it’s going to bring the better competition now.”

“For sure it does (feel good to know your salary will increase). But you know what they say, “More money, more problems. And I love problems”.

hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

"Mayor UFC Announcement" to be made tommorow - Page 2 Empty Re: "Mayor UFC Announcement" to be made tommorow

Post  hendos_right_hook Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Edgar-Aldo sounds like an amazing fight. Champ vs. Champ is such an easily marketable event.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:52 am