THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
6 posters

If Carlsberg made training partners....

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

If Carlsberg made training partners.... Empty If Carlsberg made training partners....

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:40 pm

If Carlsberg made training partners.... Ernesto_hoost_groot

Is training with Fedor!

“In a couple of days Gegard Mousasi and well-known coaches from the camp of the legendary Ernesto Hoost will arrive in Russia. They will meet with Fedor and join his training process. This is primarily intended to help diversify the preparatory process for Fedor. For a long time he worked with the same coaches and sparring partners. Now he will learn new skills which will open up new prospects for training.”

“It will allow him to take the best from the representatives of other styles and make new and useful items in his personal technique. Also on the team with which to prepare Fedor will be a fighter weighing 122 kg, the same weight as that of Antonio Silva.”

A fighter weighing 270lbs..... I know a certain russian who has a chubby wee brother who fits that profile Laughing Maby Hoost can teach Aleks how to perform a James Toney Check Kick and defend some Kicks next time!!

Looking forward to this GP, I really hope we see him and Reem make it out of the 1st round. Fedor vs Overeem coming off Bigfoot and Werdum win for me is the superfight of the year.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

If Carlsberg made training partners.... Empty Re: If Carlsberg made training partners....

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:47 pm

If the HW GP works out as planned then every Strikeforce card this year should be brilliant.

Adding Hoost to Fedor's camp is just insane, his striking is already top level, this will just make him even better. I'm actually surprised Fedor never entered the K1 GP or even had a few K1 matches.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

If Carlsberg made training partners.... Empty Re: If Carlsberg made training partners....

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:13 am

This will be great training for Fedor,I know some will say Fedor never needed to and is great already,and this could sound a little bit daft to some,but i think this is something that Fedor has been missing out on for far too long,and it's about time he jumped onto the way most modern fighters are training today,he should of been bringing guys like this to help push him that extra bit in training along time ago,instead of sticking with his normal training partners where he is already probably the best at every thing they train in.

also a little off topic,but i read the other day that BJ Penn is in a 3 week training camp with Ffloyd Mayweather Senior for his up coming fitch fight,I'll try and find the interview with Ffloyd.

Here's a video of BJ and Ffloyd Snr
    http://www.bjpenn.com/video/training-with-master-floyd

Here's the Interview I was talking about

http://fighthype.com/pages/content9115.html

Old Ffloyd couldn't resist having a pop at Freddie Roach Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:41 am

Floyd Sr is an idiot. He's hugely over-rated as a coach as well IMO. BJ should have gone to Emmanuel Steward.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:53 am

I don't know how fedor would do in K1, his style is perfectly suited to MMA, because he is so explosive.
    also normally in MMA his defence when someone gets really aggressive is just to throw them to the ground.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:43 am

payneNglory1 wrote:also a little off topic,but i read the other day that BJ Penn is in a 3 week training camp with Ffloyd Mayweather Senior for his up coming fitch fight,I'll try and find the interview with Ffloyd
    The Mayweather's heads are up there arses. BJ won't gain too much from this, can't see it doing him too much harm though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:46 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:I don't know how fedor would do in K1, his style is perfectly suited to MMA, because he is so explosive.
    also normally in MMA his defence when someone gets really aggressive is just to throw them to the ground.

Yeah but when you've got that sort of 1 punch KO power you can always make adjustments /
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:49 am

i hope the hw tourney works out like im thinking it will.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:56 pm