THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
rudeboyben84
kavik2
Sly Uses
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
the_king
10 posters

Shogun Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Shogun Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva - Page 2 Empty Re: Shogun Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:05 am

Interesting weve so many people backing Shogun over Anderson. I agree with Anfield Anderson is better in the clintch but disagree with pretty much everything else.

I think Shoguns grappling is better, you see him roll for heel hooks etc.. he is more rounded in that respect. I think its pretty much a toss up on the feet but I think Anderson will crack under pressure, Im with Pins, Ive always thought a great striker swarmming him and he will loose. Belfort or Shogun could do it.

Sonnen swarmed him and landed, Hendo even landed on the front foot a couple of good shots, Shogun and Belfort would do a much better job of it.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Shogun Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva - Page 2 Empty Re: Shogun Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:13 am

If the fight is ever made, I dont think Shogun will be looking too much to take the fight to the ground. I think he would more than relish the chance of going toe to toe in a good old fashioned Muay thai match Twisted Evil

I really wish this fight gets made but i doubt we'll ever see it. Anderson said he wants to stay at 185lb.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:22 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:
    sunthunder wrote:Shogun has taken down Arona, Rampage, Coleman, Liddell, Overeem, Nakamura. His takedowns are some of the most under-rated in the division.

Anderson has been taken down by Franklin, Henderson, Lutter, Leites.

I do think it's funny that all this talk from Anderson about not wanting to step on Machida's toes went out the window once Shogun smashed the fuck out of him. He said he was staying at middleweight and he wants no part Shogun.

Smashed the fuck out of him?? Nonsense.

Silva said he was staying at MW to clean out the division.

Shogun's takedowns are over-rated and his takedowns of Arona, Rampage, Overeem and Nakamura were BEFORE he had THREE knee reconstructions. Taking down 40 years old men means nothing. He tried, and tried, and tried, to get Machida down. And what happened? He failed, miserably.

Henderson and Lutter both have much better grappling than Shogun. What happened when Franklin and Leites took Silva down??

Cunt, you really need to stop letting your Machida fetish cloud your judgement of a man who is clearly the best LHW out there atm.

Your the only one here who STILL thinks Machida won at UFC 104 and even when Shogun blew him away in the first round of the rematch you claim he was "struck behind the ear/was off balance" and all sorts of garbage.

The only one here? Out of who?

And Shogun did not "blow him away". Watch the fight. Shogun was LOSING and caught him on the temple when Machida had a foot of the ground and was off balance.

Shogun might be number 1 at LHW right now, but Machida is 1A. Until they have a rubber match.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:24 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:well Machida has among the best takedown defense in MMA, and its the biggest hole in Andersons game...so you can't really use that as a basis to say Shogun could not take Anderson down. although you do make a good point about the knee surgeries.

When people get close to Anderson he can be taken down by top level grapplers. When people who aren't Chael Sonnen shoot against him they end up flailing at thin air.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:27 am

They could always do 195lbs, Id love to see it but I dont think it will happen when they both hold titles. I cant see UFC wanting to put a Champ vs Champ fight.

Shogun is about Ninja's size, No one thinks twice that Ninja should be a 185er, Shogun could make 185lbs, he is one of the smallest 205ers.

185, 195 or 205 both men would have no problem at any weight. I just think one or both will need to loose their title before its a possibility.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:45 am

Shogun's a bit bigger than Ninja. But he could make 185 i think. Remember in Pride he talked of going to HW because Wandi was the man at LHW.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:04 am

Yeah mate, I remember that. I think he could have Nog, Fedor, Crocop etc.. Shogun would have had great Wars with them even Barnett too. What was the Coleman fight Openweight or Hw? I wonder if Shogun was over 205?

Ninja is a bit thicker and Shogun is a bit taller, Id imagine they are fairly similar weight when both in shape?

Shogun Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva - Page 2 1231172394.g

Though I think Ninjas doing what I do in pictures with my brothers and he is standing on his tip toes! Laughing

I really hope Ninja makes his way into UFC. I think he is hot and cold because he isnt always in the best shape but on form he can kick some ass...

Shogun Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva - Page 2 Susumu19

Man I miss the old days of Chute Boxe

Shogun Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva - Page 2 Chute_boxe
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:29 am

Ninja's chubby. If he really wanted to, he could prob make 170. Even when he fights at 185 he carries a bit around his midsection.

Those days of Chute Boxe were AMAZING! The rivalries they had with Arona, Filho and the Nogs at BTT, and of course Hammer House!

I think he fought Nog at HW, he was prob 215 or so i'd imagine. Coleman was about 240 back then wasn't he?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 am

It was Lil Nog he fought but yeah Coleman must have been pushing 240 back then so Id imagine He fought at Hw, Id have to watch the event again. Really interested to know if he fought at Hw.

Cant see Ninja making 170! lawler cant make it anymore and Ninja was bigger than him...

Ninja is round about Hendo's size it would be a big cut for him allright.

Arona said in Tatame Dana wants him to win 1 more fight outside the UFC and he will sign him. Heres hoping we see them both in UFC. Arona and Ninja would be 2 quality aditions to UFC.

Ninja vs Akiyama or Leben
    Arona vs Lil Nog or Thiago Silva

Would be great.

Last edited by rudeboyben84 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:01 am

Shogun Rua: I’d fight Anderson Silva - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSds7NCAQsCLke9iS5raUMRqyGwaHiQpcKD04dUJk1bM5y_38U&t=1&usg=__QT_0xdI7JP0VgdrewPyzl8U52wU=
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:04 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:It was Lil Nog he fought but yeah Coleman must have been pushing 240 back then so Id imagine He fought at Hw, Id have to watch the event again. Really interested to know if he fought at Hw.

Cant see Ninja making 170! lawler cant make it anymore and Ninja was bigger than him...

Ninja is round about Hendo's size it would be a big cut for him allright.

Arona said in Tatame Dana wants him to win 1 more fight outside the UFC and he will sign him. Heres hoping we see them both in UFC. Arona and Ninja would be 2 quality aditions to UFC.

Ninja vs Akiyama or Leben
    Arona vs Lil Nog or Thiago Silva

Would be great.

Sorry mate, I did mean he fought Coleman at HW. Not sure why i put Nog.

I think Lawlor is more muscular than Ninja. He's pure muscle at 185. Ninja is a bit chubby.

I'd rather see Arona and Ninja in Strikeforce. Ninja vs Mayham. Arona vs Mousasi. Immense.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:15 am

Yeah UFC might loose out, SF did a bang up job with a few recent signings, Arona would be a huge thing for them. If UFC let him fly under the Radar they fucked up... Arona could beat any SF Lhw, Id back him to tap everyone but Roger gracie and he would GnP him, and maby rematch Hendo if he got a few wins UFC would be kicking themselves. Yeah Mousasi would be an Ideal oppoent, I think Arona would manhandle win grappling though.

I dont think Ninja will ever be a world beater but he has it in his to be ranked and move improtantly put on a show. Throw him in with Cung Le and you would be guarenteed fireworks!

Filho is the other one im supprised SF have let go unsigned. They could get all 3 of these guys to fight at 205 and make a respectable Lhw devision.

Feijao
    Hendo
    Babalu
    Arona
    Mo
    Mousasi
    Ninja
    Mike Kyle
    Filho
    Monson (supposed to be joining at 205)

Id rather seem them in SF too mate. I think SF really are on the up and the if the new EA game smokes UFC game for sales it can only be a good thing for getting them recognised.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:22 am

Ninja vs Cung Le would be amazing!

I'd love to see Arona vs Babalu! Two complete bad-asses! Same goes for Filho vs Babalu!

Ninja vs Babalu would be epic as well!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:25 am

ninja vs cung le would be a good fight kinda like those 80's karate films i used to watch.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:39 am

I'd love to see Cung Le fight Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida. I just think that from a purely technical point of view, those fights would be incredible. The best in each field, although San Shou is Cung's main discipline, his striking-style differs as it is based on Tae-Kwon-Do. And he's the best TKD practioner in MMA. Then Anderson, MMA's best Muay Thai practioner. And of course Machida representing Karate. Machida vs Cung would be an amazing technical battle between two fighters with incredible rare skillsets.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:31 am

true mate when i said karate film i didnt mean both guys did karate i meant like a proper old school martial arts fight. but as you mention it machida v le would be the best for that kind of fight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:48 am