THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
manschesthair_utd
the_king
elmatadorafa
redmeanie77
8 posters

UFC 120: Emotional Browne talks Judges decision

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 120: Emotional Browne talks Judges decision  Empty UFC 120: Emotional Browne talks Judges decision

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Such a shame, he was denied a win by the judges, this was his breakthrough fight. But atleast he showed that he belongs with some of the top HW's in the UFC and he didnt lose.

I think there are serious question marks should be raised about Kongo's gamesmanship. When you get a point deducted and you keep holding on to the shorts, inspite of that and letting go when you see the ref go to that side watching you, it shows what kind of fighter he is and what confidence he has in his skills.

Also whats with the repeated knee to the balls, when he has you against the cage?? Even Goldie knew he done the exact same thing before, and joked about it. I would love to see Mir choke this cheat out again!!

Although i do hope Browne get another shot at beating him again. Browne had Kongo bricking it in the 1st round, at 1st Kongo must have been smiling when he saw Browne striking technique, thinking he would pick him apart. That soon changed when Browne landed then all of a sudden here is "this 6'7 255lb beast swinging wildly trying to take my head off!!"
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

UFC 120: Emotional Browne talks Judges decision  Empty Re: UFC 120: Emotional Browne talks Judges decision

Post  elmatadorafa Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Kongo is the #1 P4P Dirtiest fighter. Nut kneeing, short grabbing.

And Kongo can not fight at range... at all!!!

A draw? even after kongo got a point deducted and brown got the takedown at the end? i think brown got robbed.... WallnStall probably get more points than even takedowns nowadays. I wonder what the score of Mir-Crocop was before the KO, probably 30-20. What a joke, refereeing and judging has become.

Was it the same ref for the Akiyama-Bisping fight who told Akiyama he has 1 minute left when he had 4? Should have taken a 2nd point from Kongo, and kept confusing the fighters at the main event of the restart, they look at him and say "do we start/ stop or wot?" Mark Gotthard or something was his name i think.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 120: Emotional Browne talks Judges decision  Empty Re: UFC 120: Emotional Browne talks Judges decision

Post  the_king Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:38 pm

so whats the best thing after a draw like this,do ufc have a rematch or what??
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:39 pm

the only reason why people could possibly dispute this decision is if they think Kongo should have been docked another point.

to me, and the 3 judges, the result was clear.
    Kongo would have won a clear 2 rounds to 1 if he hadnt been docked a point so it was a draw.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:07 am

Completely agree chesty,for me it was an obvious draw,due to Kongo getting a point deducted.

Browne won the first rd and Kongo won the last two,I thought the rds were easy to score and weren't even disputable about who won each rd personally.

I was quite surprised to read that a few thought Browne was robbed to be honest.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:13 am

brown got himself all upset about it, meanie is glad as it means he didnt lose his av bet.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:27 am

I agree, i scored it like the judges and was not surprised at all when the draw was called.

That being said i can't stand Kongo, and he'll be put away by anyone decent, ala Mir
    Wonga
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Wonga Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:41 pm

I completely agree with the judges decision as well. I dont think Browne did much apart from 2 takedowns in rounds 2 and 3.

Does Kong go for groin shots in a lot of his fights? I remember he did it big time in the Crocop fight but dont really remember it in any others. The way Rogan was talking about it I get the impressions it happens a lot.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Wonga wrote:I completely agree with the judges decision as well. I dont think Browne did much apart from 2 takedowns in rounds 2 and 3.

Does Kong go for groin shots in a lot of his fights? I remember he did it big time in the Crocop fight but dont really remember it in any others. The way Rogan was talking about it I get the impressions it happens a lot.

yeah the Al-Turk fight was the worst one if i recall correctly.

Al-turk did an accidental nut shot and Kongo came back and blasted him in the jewels for revenge, and he admitted it was intentional.

i think there are more i just cant remember them.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Browne's fault, im so glad he didnt win. Im sick of MMA fights with such a low punch output. It pisses me off when someone lands a big shot and then just steps back and doesnt follow it up... satisfied he got the better of an exchange and will get points from the judges for doing so. If a figher like Browne doesnt want to show killer instinct and leave the fight in the judges hands fuck him, he messed up and only has himself to blame for his lack of balls. You would never see this in Boxing or K-1 and its sickening to see IMO. If you hit and hurt a guy follow it up.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:41 pm

the_king wrote:brown got himself all upset about it, meanie is glad as it means he didnt lose his av bet.

You should be glad the ref didnt deduct a 2nd point, and also the fact that Browne scoring two takedowns in round 2 or 3 didnt influence any judges, who usually score alot for takedowns.

Ah well, i can wait another week, to get win an Avatar bet from you. Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:02 am