THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Overeem vs Browne at UFC 164 in August? Barnett wants Mir in UFC

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Overeem vs Browne at UFC 164 in August? Barnett wants Mir in UFC Empty Overeem vs Browne at UFC 164 in August? Barnett wants Mir in UFC

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu May 16, 2013 12:28 am

Talk of Reem vs Browne at 164, hope it happens I think its a fair test of where Overeem stands off the juice and against a big up and commer who can strike with the best of them. I think this is hard to pick, something is telling me Browne will pull it off. Id love to see a return to his best from Overeem but after fights like the Werdum or Bigfoot one I lose confidence in his MMA striking and with Brownes size and quick feet I could see him coming off the worse with Browne.

Barnett said he would love to come to UFC and fight Mir. More than likely he is just getting his name in headlines. I dont see UFC offering him any more than they did last time or agreeing to whatever terms they didnt before.

If it happened Id back Barnett. I think he is strong enough to Bully Mir into the cage and win in the tried and tested manner. Mirs biggest weak point is when his back is on the cage. Love to see it though because both have unbelievalbe grappling, and Barnett is the level of striker that Mir could really show off his standup against, headkicks and all. It would be a good fight and I think in relevance to todays rankings still makes sence.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Overeem vs Browne at UFC 164 in August? Barnett wants Mir in UFC Empty Re: Overeem vs Browne at UFC 164 in August? Barnett wants Mir in UFC

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 am

Diego Sanchez said he wants Melendez, Thompson or Diaz at UFC 164. I will look forward to those fights and I wouldnt back him to win in any either.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Overeem vs Browne at UFC 164 in August? Barnett wants Mir in UFC Empty Re: Overeem vs Browne at UFC 164 in August? Barnett wants Mir in UFC

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu May 16, 2013 12:48 am

Vera back to Heavyweight at UFC 164 to fight Ben Rothwell. Vera looked good against Shogun and way back when, I think he beat Couture. Id like to see him go out on a high, he is a much better fighter than his record at a glance.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri May 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Reem will expose Browne I'm 100% convinced he stops Browne Early.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri May 17, 2013 5:07 pm

I like Overoid v Browne, I would like to see whether Overoid has learned anything from the Big Foot fight, I see it an absolute certainty that Browne will catch him, and I'm not convinced about Overoid's ability to take a punch. On the other hand, I see Overoid testing Browne's leg.

I was never really convinced about Vera at HW though.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Vera isnt far off Jones' size and most want him to go to Heavyweight. Vera isnt undersized at Heavyweight at all, he is about Werdums size. Aparently now he is bulking up propperly and is at 247lbs. That sounds bigger than I remember him in any Hw fight. I think he has the skills out outstrike Big Ben Comfortabally and wont get taken down by him.

Bring on Vera vs Big Nog or Roy Nelson. There are some great fights for him at Heavyweight I hope he wins this one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am