THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
6 posters

MMA Judges dont have Monitors, and by the sounds of it....

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

MMA Judges dont have Monitors, and by the sounds of it.... Empty MMA Judges dont have Monitors, and by the sounds of it....

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Arent getting Any!!! Joe Rogan talked to Keith Kizer and this is what happened

"I think one really important thing we need is monitors...there are certain positions the judges are in where they can't see what's going on. It happens all the time with us too, where a camera man will be in front of me or a referee will be in front of me, and I can't see what's happening, so I have to look at the monitors, and if I didn't have those monitors and I had to judge the fight just based on what I saw, you know, there's going to be some stuff I miss.

When I brought that up to Keith Kizer, he said 'well thats why there's 3 judges,' which I thought was one of the most retarded answers I've ever heard in my life. That's why there's 3 judges, so one guy can fuck it up and the other 2 can get it right? That doesn't even make any sense. Like, how about giving them some monitors. Why not just give them monitors? Give them monitors like we have monitors.

We have a huge problem with the boxing people...people with no martial arts experience or people with no grappling experience. There are some people who have never been kicked in the legs going around saying stupid things like "leg kicks don't win fights," you know, or "leg kicks don't stop fights" and these guys are actually judges for MMA events, and that's a ridiculous statement, and this is coming from someone who is a professional judge who has judged some huge events, gigantic championship fights.

There are a lot of really intelligent people who are mixed martial arts fans who would love those jobs and would do a much better job at it. We have these people who are grandfathered in...they've been involved in boxing, others have been involved with Karate...it's difficult to get rid of them...They're like government jobs. You have to really screw up or be involved with a scandal [to get fired]."

WHAT??? Seriously, in a professional sport no need for monitors? If 3 X $500 monitors would go a long way to fixing the sport what exactly is the problem with getting them for judges!! Keith Kizer officially the stupidst man sice Cecil Peoples??
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Judges dont have Monitors, and by the sounds of it.... Empty Re: MMA Judges dont have Monitors, and by the sounds of it....

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:30 pm

Are they allowing Cecil to be anywhere near UFC 113?? affraid

God i hope not...

This doesnt come as a suprise because doc hamilton said his view was obstructed during the fight and said after watching it again, he thought Shogun won the fight.

I cant wait for 113, the canadian fans are always awesome, and i expect them to be 150% behind Shogun. I hope they riot and thrash the place if they screw Shogun again Laughing Twisted Evil
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Judges dont have Monitors, and by the sounds of it.... Empty Re: MMA Judges dont have Monitors, and by the sounds of it....

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Completely agree Ben. Cost CANNOT be a reason here, I just wonder whether the powers that be feel, that 'dodgy' decisions build grudge matches? Sounds stupid, but, not as stupid as 'that's why there's three judges'.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:36 pm

i agree with Joe on this, get monitors in...but most importantly get those boxing guys out of the judges chair, those guys are so old school they probably don't want monitors in case they bite.
    MMA Judges dont have Monitors, and by the sounds of it.... Bosc_monitor_300x300
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:45 pm

Laughing Laughing haha thats a good one chesty!
    Shogun No1
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Shogun No1 Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 pm

excuse my ignorance lads but i was always under the impression that on any televised MMA event that the judges would have monitors, it just makes sense. Nothing would ever of made me think otherwise....Are they f@@ken daft or what? Get the monitors in you jackasses
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:12 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:i agree with Joe on this, get monitors in...but most importantly get those boxing guys out of the judges chair, those guys are so old school they probably don't want monitors in case they bite.
    MMA Judges dont have Monitors, and by the sounds of it.... Bosc_monitor_300x300

Awww! I want one!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 am