THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
payneNglory1
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
8 posters

Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos - Page 2 Empty Re: Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:26 pm

I knew there was no way Noons landed more than Diaz.

Strikeforce: San Jose
    10/9/10 - San Jose, CA
    CompuStrike Stats

Main Event
    Nick Diaz W 5 KJ Noons

Fight Time
    Standing Time: 13:41 | Ground Time: 1:19

**Correction**
    We regret to announce that after reviewing the stats, we found a glitch in our system that incorrectly counted the number of Total Arm Strikes Landed for Noons.

We deeply regret this glitch and assure that it will not happen again.
    The correct numbers are below.

Final Stats

N. Diaz--CompuStrike Stats---------------Noons

194/443--Total Strikes Landed/Thrown-----155/611
    44%------Percentage----------------------25%
    103------Total Power Strikes Landed------79
    91-------Total Non-Power Strikes Landed--76
    171/397--Total Arm Strikes Landed/Thrown-140/592
    43%------Percentage----------------------24%
    90-------Power Strikes Landed------------75
    81-------Non-Power Strikes Landed--------65
    22/45----Total Leg Strikes Landed/Thrown-14/17
    49%------Percentage----------------------82%
    13-------Power Strikes Landed------------4
    9--------Non-Power Strikes Landed--------10
    1/1------Ground Strikes Landed/Thrown----1/2
    100%-----Percentage----------------------50%
    0--------Power Strikes Landed------------0
    1--------Non-Power Strikes Landed--------1
    0/4------Takedowns/Attempts--------------0/0
    0--------Submission Attempts-------------0
    1--------Knockdowns----------------------0
    1--------Dominant Positions--------------0

http://compustrike.com/stats_files/strikeforce_10_9_10.php
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos - Page 2 Empty Re: Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:20 pm

so its pretty even then.

...i mean i know Diaz landed more, but throwing punches counts in agression even if they dont land, and Noons threw much more.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:32 pm

I don't even for a second believe that the 611 is correct either,that would mean Noons was punching every 2 seconds for 5 rds and that's while diaz was getting his shots off as well,plus Diaz's four takedown attempts,all he flashy kicks and the circling,moving and talking they were both doing.
    This was a stand up fight,but it was far from a fight where they were constantly throwing like mad men at a crazy high pace.

I'm far more inclined to believe fightmetric,and that Diaz and Noons were closer to punching about 30 times each per rd(averaging a punch from each of them every 10 secs for 5 rds),than about 120 times per rd(a punch about every 2 secs from each of them for 5 rds),but hay ho.

So let me get this right then,getting a takedown and doing nothing with it,should not score any points,but throwing fresh air punches,shows aggression and should be awarded for such.

Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos - Page 2 Fat-straws

Clutch away mate Razz
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:37 pm

one of them is attempting to finish the fight, one isnt.

at least thing before you type Rolling Eyes
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Noons threw way more shots than Diaz. And he rarely threw just one shots, it was always combinations.

Not sure it was 611 but def a lot more than Diaz.

Noons was clearly being more agressive but Diaz won the fight.

Noons needs to cut his hair and drop to 155. I think he can be top 5 at 155.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:09 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:one of them is attempting to finish the fight, one isnt.

at least thing before you type Rolling Eyes

priceless lol!

I did think,I think you are clutching at straws,because you are gutted that Noons lost.

You started off this believing the first numbers,then you find out that Diaz infact,landed about 20% more punches than Noons and claim,it was pretty even then Laughing
    Then you move to the,well he threw more overall punches and this rubbish about,so what if they don't connect,they are showing aggression and he's attempting to finish,in what sport in the world do you get credit for missing?

I'm not even trying to claim that a takedown,where the opponent gets straight back up should score points,but at least with a takedown,it can be said that you have imposed your will on your opponent,and for a second you have controlled your opponent and made him do something that he didn't want to do,you have put him in a position he didn't want to be in,that has got to mean more to a scorecard than creating a little breeze,surely.

He might have thrown slightly more punches,I'm not trying to argue against that(like I said I don't believe the 611)but he landed less punches,as it happens in 4 of the 5 rds he landed less punches,(the punches that actually score pts,in any combat sport that involves striking)and that's why he lost,no foul,no reffing mistakes,no judging errors,no robbery and now every stats shows that Diaz landed more.

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:22 am

Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons 2 payouts:
    Nick Diaz -- $50,000 def. K.J. Noons -- $10,000
    Josh Thomson -- $50,000 def. Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante -- $40,000
    Marloes Coenen -- $3,000 (including $1,000 win bonus) def. Sarah Kaufman -- $20,000
    Tyron Woodley -- $15,000 (including $7,500 win bonus) def. Andre Galvao -- $10,000
    James Terry -- $3,000 (including $1,500 win bonus) def. David Marshall -- $1,500
    Josh McDonald -- $3,000 (including $1,500 win bonus) def. Ron Keslar -- $1,500
    Jess Bouscal -- $3,000 (including $1,500 win bonus) def. Luis Mendoza -- $1,500
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:36 am

Chesty what the fuck have you been smoking! lol. Diaz landed more shots, as Payne says hitting thin air is ineffective agression. Like getting your takedowns stuffed. On the scoring neither should be a good thing. Your opponent is fighting his fight or having "Cage controll" surely? Slipping punches and stuffing TD's good things. Diaz won 4 rounds in my books. Watching it again now on Bravo.

Anfield is 100% Noons needs to cut his hair before he does anything! Then go to 155 and fight JZ, Thats a top Lw fight id want to see and the winner can get next shot. SF would really benefit from getting Alvarez on loan form Bellator.

Anyone watch JZ and Thompson again. Im laughing my balls off at people saying Thompson won! Laughing Laughing If Couture is beating Vera by holding someone agaisnt a fence JZ beat Thompson for the 1st part of the fight by the same logic? Then scores a legit Knockdown. I know its not Boxing or K-1 where you get a 10-8 round but in a round where they traded a sub attempt at the end surely the wall and stall for the 1st half followed by a knockdown means a 10-9?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:54 am

yeah i watched the JZ/Thomson fight again.
    horrible decision.

anyways i am just saying that throwing massive haymakers, is undeniably agression!! Laughing
    and also attempting to get a KO...just like failed submission attempts.

obviously its well down the pecking order of things that are scored, but its much higher than a takedown where nothing happens as a result.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:04 am

It was a very close first rd,between JZ and Josh,and I'm obviously in the minority on here because I think Josh won it personally.

(I thought I would add that I had no bias towards either fighter going into this fight,even though it was another case of an over rated,2nd rate Dream fighters losing in the US again to a US fighter, lol! can't even handle Guida ranked fighters,yet you claim they can compete with the top UFC LW's,my arse Razz )

that was a wind up before anyone starts crying.(even though it's true Razz )

I think Josh won the first rd,because at the end of the day,he landed more scoring shots,while JZ landed the one big,more telling shot.

Fightmetrics had the result as a draw,(I'm in no way saying that Fightmetric is gospil and this is the exact way a fight should be scored)but they still show that Josh landed 22 strikes to JZ's 9 in the first rd,and like I said,since this is not boxing and you don't automaticly get a point for a knock down,you have to score this on overall strikes aswell as grappling and controll,a knockdown is great,but it means very little in this sport when it comes to scoring.

Yes JZ landed one big shot and also had two failed sub attempts,but josh also had a failed sub attempt,he also gained top position and passed into half guard and side controll,which he scored from with a few clean shots,and I'll keep on banging the same shit,Josh out struck JZ 22 - 9, a 150% more successful rate.

It was a very close rd,that IMO could of gone either way,josh won the striking because he landed more,JZ landed one great shot and had Josh under controll for a longer time during the rd,so I can't see how this was a ridiculas decision,it's just how you interprete what wins a rd and what is more important.

I've watched it again,and I still think josh,won the first rd,but I can obviously see where you lot are coming from in the way you are scoring it.(ignoring the obvious bias that some of you have towards JZ Wink )

but your wrong,so there tongue

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:14 pm

It wasn't a close round at all. Other than a couple of weak GnP shot and a poorly executed arm triangle, Thomson wasn't in the round. JZ won it easily.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:16 am

I think Thompson won the fight and its easy to see why. In no way is that a horrible decision, dropping someone once doesn't mean you win the round. JZ had the guillotine fair enough but he didn't finish. Thompson landed some good GnP, some good body kicks, out struck JZ by 22 strikes to 9 and almost finished the fight himself. If the arm triangle was in the middle of the round, JZ would have tapped. Nothing ridiculous about it, it easily could have gone to JZ but it didn't and it's not a huge surprise TBH.

This talk of a 10-8 round (discounting thompson's sub attempt) is far too over the top. You don't land 9 shots and win a 10-8 round unless you drop them about 5 times.

Thompson won the fight, nothing more to it.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I think Thompson won the fight and its easy to see why. In no way is that a horrible decision, dropping someone once doesn't mean you win the round. JZ had the guillotine fair enough but he didn't finish. Thompson landed some good GnP, some good body kicks, out struck JZ by 22 strikes to 9 and almost finished the fight himself. If the arm triangle was in the middle of the round, JZ would have tapped. Nothing ridiculous about it, it easily could have gone to JZ but it didn't and it's not a huge surprise TBH.

This talk of a 10-8 round (discounting thompson's sub attempt) is far too over the top. You don't land 9 shots and win a 10-8 round unless you drop them about 5 times.

Thompson won the fight, nothing more to it.

Now your clutching at straws! Laughing You dont know JZ was going to tap. JZ's BJJ is top notch and he just sprung straight up from the arm triangle.... even if you take into account Thompson landed more shots... (and they werent big ones) Dropping someone is HUGE

its a 10-8 in Kickboxing/Muay Thai/K-1/Boxing

Now in MMA I score an even round a 10-9 because of a knockdown because those stats on strikes dont show JZ had him against the cage for 3mins. Also Why didnt you score it a 9-9 round.

IMO If Thompson had of fought slightly better as you think but got floored surely a draw is the fair outcome. You dont win an even enough round if you get put on your arse. It annoys me how a Knockdown can be overlooked like that. Same with Couture vs Veras scoring.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Hilarious stuff from Chelski!

The triangle wasn't even on properly! JZ was never going to tap, he wasn't even struggling for breath or anything! He could have had that on for a full 5 minutes and JZ wouldn't have tapped or been in any danger of tapping!

JZ won that round in every way. He outgrappled him, outstruck him, controlled him and the pace of the fight. Just because Thomson landed a couple of poor shots on the ground that did absolutely NO damage and got a poor triangle which was never going to finish the fight, it doesn't change the 4 minutes that led up to that point.

JZ jumped up and walked to his corner, Thomson took a while to get up, then stumbled backwards and looked out of it.

JZ's round. No question.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:54 am