THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
payneNglory1
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
8 posters

Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos Empty Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos Empty Re: Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:01 pm

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:13 pm

SPOILERS IN THIS POST

SPOILERS IN THIS POST

SPOILERS IN THIS POST

great night of fights.

but the JZ/Thomson decision was totally ridiculous.
    its a clear case of 2 rounds to 1 if i ever saw it....in favour of JZ of course.

round 1:
    JZ dropped with a punch and almost submitted Thomson, it was very very close!
    all Thomson did was land a couple of shots from inside JZs guard...a position he was only in because JZ put him there to finish the submission.

round 2:
    JZ was winning against the fence but thompson got him down and controlled him for most of the round.

round 3:
    all JZ..he hurt him with a punch, took him down, mounted him etc etc

as for the Noons/Diaz fight, i thought the rounds went:
    Diaz, Noons, Diaz...and the last 2 rounds i really could not call.
    it's hard to say watching a 25 minute striking fight on a poor quality youtube video ripped from an illegal stream Smile....
    i will save my decision for when i watch it on tv tomorrow night.

shame about the woodley/galvao fight, i was like "wtf happened to galvao?"
    but then the replay showed he landed a massive punch on the jaw early on from which he never recovered....the reason why i think its a shame is because i was looking forward to a battle!!

yet to see the womens fight.

this card has really blown the recent UFC cards out of the water, and i have only seen 3 fights Razz
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:20 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:but the JZ/Thomson decision was totally ridiculous.
    its a clear case of 2 rounds to 1 if i ever saw it....in favour of JZ of course.

round 1:
    JZ dropped with a punch and almost submitted Thomson, it was very very close!
    all Thomson did was land a couple of shots from inside JZs guard...a position he was only in because JZ put him there to finish the submission.

round 2:
    JZ was winning against the fence but thompson got him down and controlled him for most of the round.

round 3:
    all JZ..he hurt him with a punch, took him down, mounted him etc etc

The first round was the difficult one to score. JZ let Thomson back into it on the ground and Thomson stayed active in the guard and then had his own sub attempt. I didn't think either of the sub attempts looked like they were going to finish the fight. As such, I scored this even. I agree with your verdict on rounds two and three so I had it a draw overall. How anyone could score it 30-27 to Thomson is daft.

I gave Diaz three rounds to Noons two (think I gave him rounds one, three and five but I can't remember). The opinion on the chatbox was quite split though.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:28 pm

doh!

i forgot about the thomson sub attempt...but its still a robbery. Razz
    even if the sub attempts cancel each other out (i dont think they do)..JZ cracked the thomson with an uppercut and dropped him...and if you really want to go there he was pressing him to teh fence for a bit too in the first round.

its interesting also that Noons landed 310 strikes to Diaz's 194 and still lost.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:36 pm

If I was pressed to give it one way I'd have given it to JZ.

Those punch stats are surprising. I actually thought Diaz was landing more but Noons was landing the cleaner shots. It is hard to tell sometimes when you are watching it on a stream.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:58 pm

I disagree Thompson vs JZ was a robbery, I think it could have gone either way. The first round was very close and Thompson almost finished him as well. He had an arm triangle locked in and if it was in the middle of the round he probably would have finished him. JZ was saved by the bell. Also Thompson landed some good shots after he escaped the guillotine.

Second round was Thompson clearly, no doubt he controlled the entire bout. The third round was clearly JZ and I can't see how ANYONE would disagree. How that judge gave it 30-27 to Thompson is beyond me, there is no way he won that last round. It didn't make a difference but it is worrying to know there are judges like that. Awful.

Woodley looked good, I expected him to win easily. He is just a really bad matchup for Galvao.

Coenen vs Kauffman was a good fight, I had it 1-1 going into the third round. Coenen has improved a lot standing and she looked good here. It was a nice sub win off her back when she was in a bit of trouble. Good win for her but the ref was late with the stoppage.

As for the main event, it was a great fight but I had Noons winning. I don't think it was a robbery, but I had Noons winning 3-2 or even 4-1. Diaz won the first, Noons won the second, the third was extremely close that probably could have been scored a draw and I had Noons winning the last 2 rounds. He landed a lot more shots, he landed the better shots and he did a lot more damage. Those stats are ridiculous, Noons landed 116 more shots than Diaz. For me Noons clearly won the second and last rounds and Diaz won the first because he dropped him and controlled him on the ground. The 3rd round was the closest and the 4th was very close as well, but still in favor of Noons.

I think there should be a 3rd fight which I'd look forward to a lot and I would pick Noons again.

Great event overall, really enjoyable. Two great fights, a sweet KO and nice back and forth contest that ended in a nice sub.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:39 pm

noons is tougher than he looks guys Smile

Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos 29mrq7s
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:13 pm

I had Thomson winning it 29-28

he won the first and second rd,JZ won the last rd,that judge was rediculas to score it 30-27.

JZ lay and prayed nearly the whole of the third rd without throwing a shot,but Josh couldn't do anything from the bottom,that wins the rd doesn't it Wink

I can't believe that Noons landed more shots than Diaz,Diaz seemed to me,to be peppering him alnight with clean stinging punches,while Noons was throwing less,bigger punches,he connected with a good few,but again,I can't believe he landed more than diaz.
    It was a good competative fight,it was no fight of the year candidate,but it was still a very good fioght and I will look forward to a third.
    I scored this 48-47 Diaz,but I was close to scoring it 49-46 Diaz,but I just edged Noons in a very close last rd.
    R1 10-9 Diaz
    R2 9-10 Noons
    R3 10-9 Diaz
    R4 10-9 Diaz
    R5 9-10 Noons

Oh yeah and Noons needs a haircut,the scruffy bastard.

I thought with the Galvao - Woodley fight,I knew Woodley was a good wrestler and due to Woodley finishing most of his fights by sub,I thought he would have to be on the ground with Galvao at some stage,where he would come unstuck.I couldn't of been any more wrong,Galvao kept shooting in from way back,with some absolutely shocking takedown attempts and just kept eating a big shot each time for his efforts,which scrambled his head,then while on wobbly legs,he tried the exact same thing that he kept getting punished for,but this time he went flat on his belly and the ref stepped in and stopped it.
    Woodley didn't even break a sweat.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:27 pm

thanksfor the videos bud. What a Face i really enjoyed the noons/diaz fight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:36 pm

The stats that they put up on Strikeforce events are quite often wrong,be it the weight,Age,height,fighters records etc.
    So I wouldn't pay much notice to those numbers of Noons landing 310/611 compared to diaz's 194/443,well you only had to watch the fight to know that's a load of bollox.

FightMetrics tell a completely differant story.
    http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/10/diaz-vs-noons-ii-fightmetric-report.html
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:41 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I had Thomson winning it 29-28

he won the first and second rd,JZ won the last rd,that judge was rediculas to score it 30-27.

JZ lay and prayed nearly the whole of the third rd without throwing a shot,but Josh couldn't do anything from the bottom,that wins the rd doesn't it Wink

I can't believe that Noons landed more shots than Diaz,Diaz seemed to me,to be peppering him alnight with clean stinging punches,while Noons was throwing less,bigger punches,he connected with a good few,but again,I can't believe he landed more than diaz.
    It was a good competative fight,it was no fight of the year candidate,but it was still a very good fioght and I will look forward to a third.
    I scored this 48-47 Diaz,but I was close to scoring it 49-46 Diaz,but I just edged Noons in a very close last rd.
    R1 10-9 Diaz
    R2 9-10 Noons
    R3 10-9 Diaz
    R4 10-9 Diaz
    R5 9-10 Noons

Oh yeah and Noons needs a haircut,the scruffy bastard.

I thought with the Galvao - Woodley fight,I knew Woodley was a good wrestler and due to Woodley finishing most of his fights by sub,I thought he would have to be on the ground with Galvao at some stage,where he would come unstuck.I couldn't of been any more wrong,Galvao kept shooting in from way back,with some absolutely shocking takedown attempts and just kept eating a big shot each time for his efforts,which scrambled his head,then while on wobbly legs,he tried the exact same thing that he kept getting punished for,but this time he went flat on his belly and the ref stepped in and stopped it.
    Woodley didn't even break a sweat.

please elaborate on why you think Thomson won round 1, he got dropped and hurt badly with an uppercut and then almost choked out for a minute, both commentators thought he was going to tap out!...
    then he layed in JZ guard for a little bit...a neutral position he was only in because JZ put him there to get the choke..then he tried a choke in the last 5 seconds. Neutral
    hardly a win for thomson! lol

also:
    "JZ lay and prayed nearly the whole of the third rd without throwing a shot"

is this sarcasm? seriously he was dropping bombs consistantly for the last round!!! melendez even commented on his viscious GnP and frank shamrock and pat both commented that he still had tremendous power in the gnp.

anyway i know you are only saying that because anfield is a big JZ fan Razz

here is the fightmetric and compustrike, as you can see one of them is BADLY wrong.

Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos K9e0iw_medium
    Strikeforce Diaz v Noons Videos 70043802
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:56 pm

in the clinch they were pretty neutral,JZ did catch him with one good shot,but I don't think he was hurt badly at all,it stung him no doubt,but you could see by how quickly he reacted straight after that he had his wits about him,then JZ went for the guillotine,he held it for along time but he didn't have it in that tight did he,otherwise Josh would of been sleeping.
    Josh had his own choke as well,a choke that IMO had JZ in more trouble than JZ's guilotine on Josh,but the bell went,so because it's only opinion on what was better,I had them cancel each other out.
    Josh got on top position and he landed about 6-7 clean unanswered punches and since this is not boxing,where you get a full point for a flash knock down,6-7 clean unanswered punches after earning top position,for me scored and won him the rd compared to one punch that stumbled Josh and one unsuccessful choke attempt.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:12 pm

For the first 2.30 mins odd that JZ had josh on his back in the third,Josh had him tied up and all he could do was through a couple of little body shots,no big bombs were thrown at anytime during the 1st 3 mins.
    Josh got up,then when JZ got him down again,he threw about 4 big shots from the top before going to the mat on top of josh,where he just rode the last minute and half of the rd out.

Watch that rd again,because I don't know what you were watching to think JZ was constantly dropping bombs in the last rd,he won that rd no doubt,but that was due to controll and not damage inflicted.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Barely hurt him? He was almost out! JZ clearly won the first round, the only reason it wasn't a 10-8 was the submission attempt by Josh.

Josh won the second round.

And JZ dominated the third easily.

It was a much easier fight to call than Diaz-Noons to be honest, JZ clearly won the fight 29-28.

Shocking decision, really shocking.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 pm

I looks like batista will definitely become a strikeforce fighter by the sounds of this interview.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:02 pm

I don't think he was nearly out at all,the shot stung him which made his leg wobble without a doubt,but his knee touched the ground for barely a second,he was up on both feet nearly instantly from that shot,shooting in,where JZ grabbed the guillotine,which he couldn't finish with.

IMO Josh scored more points from when he got into top position a landed 6-7 clean punches,than what JZ would of scored from that one shot.

1 choke each canceled each others out,then as I said,Josh gaining top position and landing a few good shots from there,for me equals more pts than JZ landing one good shot,that he didn't capitalize from,yeah he got the choke straight after but it was an unsuccessful choke.

I'm not trying to make out it was an easy decision to give Josh the 1st rd,as it was a bloody close rd,but for my reasoning above,is why I scored the 1st rd to Josh.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:04 pm

i dont mind the influx of ex wwe stars becomming mma fighters but i honestly think batista will be the worst one of the lot.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Diaz-Miller rivalry continues backstage at Strikeforce event

While the bad blood between Nick Diaz and K.J. Noons seems to be on the decline, it still boils between Diaz and Jason "Mayhem" Miller.

MMAjunkie.com learned that Diaz and Miller nearly came to blows backstage following Saturday night's "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons 2" event and had to be separated by Showtime officials.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said Diaz needs rest following a unanimous decision victory over K.J. Noons in this past Saturday's event, but he's not opposed to a grudge match between the welterweight champion and "Bully Beatdown" host.

According to a source who witnessed the scene, Diaz and Miller locked eyes while passing each other in the hallway between the dressing rooms and the pressroom as the post-event press conference took place. Words were exchanged, and Diaz allegedly threw a water bottle at Miller. The two were immediately broken up by members of their respective camps and Showtime officials.

A Showtime official later confirmed the incident with MMAjunkie.com but downplayed its significance.

Coker reacted with surprise when told of the near-scuffle following the press conference. While he pointed to a different path for Diaz during the meeting – Diaz could meet either the winner of a Dec. 4 bout between Scott Smith and Paul Daley or perhaps Brazilian brawler Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos – he isn't opposed to having the rivals settle their score inside the Strikeforce cage.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20962/diaz-miller-rivalry-continues-backstage-at-strikeforce-event-coker-open-to-making-fight.mma
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:34 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I don't think he was nearly out at all,the shot stung him which made his leg wobble without a doubt,but his knee touched the ground for barely a second,he was up on both feet nearly instantly from that shot,shooting in,where JZ grabbed the guillotine,which he couldn't finish with.

IMO Josh scored more points from when he got into top position a landed 6-7 clean punches,than what JZ would of scored from that one shot.

1 choke each canceled each others out,then as I said,Josh gaining top position and landing a few good shots from there,for me equals more pts than JZ landing one good shot,that he didn't capitalize from,yeah he got the choke straight after but it was an unsuccessful choke.

I'm not trying to make out it was an easy decision to give Josh the 1st rd,as it was a bloody close rd,but for my reasoning above,is why I scored the 1st rd to Josh.

If you see Josh's eyes, they're gone. He lunges for the takedown in desperation, had JZ seen Thompson's eyes i think he would have sprawled and finished him with GnP. He let himself get taken down so he could go for the guillotine because he didn't seen to realize how bad Thompson was rocked. JZ then has the guillotine which Josh almost taps to. Up to that point JZ was controlling the position of the fight. Thompson landed 3 clean shots, none of which did damage, JZ attempted two submissions and almost caught him in a triangle. Josh repositions and then gets the arm-triangle, which isn't on properly and isn't close to finishing JZ. The Neck should be in the armpit with the opponents arm basically straight in the air, JZ had his elbow against Thompson's head which meant he was breathing fine and not in danger. At the end of the round JZ hops up, not breathing heavy, not groggy, nothing. Thompson takes a while to stand up and was unsteady on his feet, wobbling back against the cage.

It was a clear 10-9 round for JZ. Would have been a 10-8 except for the minimal GnP and the submission attempt.

Second round was clear for Josh, third was clear for JZ. Pat Miletich describing what you called lay and pray as JZ "punching Thompson's head through the canvas".

Thompson can bullshit after the fight and claim he was sure he won but look at him before his hand gets raised, he knows he lost the fight shaking his head and having a look of amazement on his face as his hand gets raised.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:45 pm

payneNglory1 wrote: Diaz allegedly threw a water bottle at Miller. ]

Standard Diaz thing to do. Remember he threw the bottle at Noons as well?

Must be a gang thing!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:28 pm

For the 1st time in the history of my rankings im going to dis regard the official decision and lets just all agree JZ won. 1st round, JZ controlled him more in the clintches. 1-1 in the sub attempts but JZ had more success striking and dropped him. You dont get dropped and win a round unless you do something special. Everyone else agrees how the 2nd and 3rd was scored. Fucking raging at this decision, that fuck wit of a woman judge needs to get fired.

Diaz is the man!!! cheers Say what you want about him but he outstruck Noons and no one expected that. Everyone though Noons was better with the hands but Diaz used his reach and landed a lot more meaningfull shots that really turned Noons' head. Great showing I had it 4 rounds to 1. Credit to Noons though there wasnt a round he got dominated.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:06 pm

I can't agree with you on the 1st rd,but I 100% agree with you about that woman judges scoring,no way in the world,JZ didn't win that last rd.

I also scored the Diaz fight nearly the same as you,but at the time I,just gave Noons a very close last rd.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:09 am