THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Rings: The Outsider 13 - the biggest show yet!

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Rings: The Outsider 13 - the biggest show yet! Empty Rings: The Outsider 13 - the biggest show yet!

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:13 pm

here is the hype video for The Outsider 13 (Outsider vs ZST)

it will take place on the 11th of October.

I swear i started an Outsider thread before, and i was going to post it there but i couldn't find it....

anyway for those who don't know about the outsider, its "ran" by the guy who ran K1 Hero's, Akira Maeda (the rules are the same as hero's)...and its basically Yakuza MMA!

here is what Enson Inoue (who is involved in organising them) had to say about it:

"Well, right now the most popular of events here is now the gangster events that they have here, they have over a dozen gangster events that’s happening all over Japan and this is an event, I say gangster event because they let the yakuza, they let the gangsters, they let anyone fight. They actually have guys on that day calling out people out into the ring who wants to try, like a Toughman competition but it’s an organized Toughman competition and a lot of fighters who get into that they really train but there’s a lot of gangsters that just think they’re tough on the street, they get in the ring and they get worked really bad but I think in the next two years the stars that’s going to help Mixed Martial Arts in Japan is going to be from there because these guys"

"Yeah, you know it’s a good thing both ways because not only you are helping the MMA world but you are helping these gangsters realize that you can be proper, you can have values and you know you don’t need to react on your feeling all the time. When we first started these gangster fights there were riots like three or four riots at one event, it was like ridiculous because these guys were still gangsters on the street and that’s all they had is that mentality so when their guy lost they’re running in the ring trying to beat up the other guy, they had no idea what a sport was about, but you know I go to the gangster events, I have to go to one next week, I have to go one the following week, I go to one every two weeks to be a guest and I haven’t seen a riot in the past year about and you know these guys are learning how to control their behavior, they’re learning to understand how the world isn’t about the gangster life."

http://www.nerdsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bw.jpg

see the video, as i understand it the guys with ink like Enson are mobsters. Laughing

Anyway, this is their biggest event to date, they are really popular so far, with every show being a sell out.
    the Outsider vs ZST angle is very interesting.
    ...mainly because of the vast differences between the 2 organisations, outsider has a mainstream ruleset..sort of whereas ZST:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZST#ZST_Rule

does not.

anyway hopefully this event will be available to watch somehow (when i find out i will post it here), i am looking forward to it, the events are generally very exciting.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Rings: The Outsider 13 - the biggest show yet! Empty Re: Rings: The Outsider 13 - the biggest show yet!

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:23 pm

do rings still have the rule where your not aloud to punch a grounded opponent in the face.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Rings: The Outsider 13 - the biggest show yet! Empty Re: Rings: The Outsider 13 - the biggest show yet!

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:27 pm

the_king wrote:do rings still have the rule where your not aloud to punch a grounded opponent in the face.

nooo...since the revival in 2008 they have adopted the old Hero's rules.
    which i think were similar to PRIDE but with 5 minute rounds.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:31 pm

havent seen rings for ages im glad they have adopted better rules as it made any fight that went to the ground awkward.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Those guys are the Japanese equivalent of BNP basically
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:07 pm

BNP? affraid

how?
    is there a BNP fighting league?
    Laughing

anyway this video is awesome:

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:19 pm

why are they brawling at the end, their guy rushed in got KO'd simple.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:13 pm

I remember the first time you posted this Chesty,don't worry your not cracking up,you definitely did post it before geek

Didn't you say something about alot of these fights end with brawls.

Not really surprising when you put aload of street gangsters in a fight with rules is it.

I'll be mr downer,but this is terrible for the sport,if untrained/semi trained,dickhead gangsters want to fight,they should keep it underground,hire a warehouse and beat the shit out of each other there,out of public view,and stay away from the professional side of MMA,the Yakuza have done enough damage in Japanese MMA,this just adds more shit.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:30 pm

thats not really being mr downer their are rules for a reason, i remember a strikeforce not so long ago where something similer happened and the announcer was shouting your live on ppv.
    Wonga
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Wonga Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:40 pm

How can Rings and ZST run an event with gangsters? I thought it was an implied link to the Yakuza that killed Pride.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Rings is not the same organisation as the one Fedor, Randy etc fought in...well it sort of is...but the only thing about the setup of the revived Rings is the name Laughing

...its pretty much run by yakuza.
    from what i have gathered Yakuza has an influence on most MMA in Japan...most of the arenas, well, at least the smaller ones are owned by Yakuza, because they basically run the pro wrestling scene.
    (fyi pride was owned by DSE, who also owned the HUSTLE pro wrestling promotion)

as for PRIDE pale
    its sort of opening a can of worms but the things that are known as facts...are that the Yakuza were partly funding PRIDE, its not implied at all, everyone admits to this nowadays...
    and soon after this became public FujiTV cancelled the TV deal with PRIDE citing "breach of contract".

Its all very shady...especially since in 2003 the president of dream stage entertainment (DSE) was found hung in a hotel room.
    alledgedy he committed suicide after breaking up with his mistress...but there is speculation about a mob hit.

to be honest i really have no idea why the outsider is so popular lol!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 pm

ever realised that japanese mma was so corrupt i knew the wrestling scene was from a few years back when the image to jusin thunder liger was owned by mobs and anyone who beat him in so called shoot fights would either be found dead or went missing.
    Wonga
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Wonga Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:23 am

Thats nuts Outsider sounds like the illegitamate child of an early UFC and the freak show element of Pride

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Apparently ZST dominated, btw

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:58 am