THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Wanderlei predicts Mir/Crocop Nog/Bader

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wanderlei predicts Mir/Crocop Nog/Bader Empty Wanderlei predicts Mir/Crocop Nog/Bader

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:08 pm

He also says the winner of Nog vs Bader will fight Jones and the winner of that will be a number 1 contenders fight. Thats pretty cool, I hope its true. Bones vs Bader is a great fight between two of the best up and commers at the weight, Its like Cain vs JDS at Lhw almost.

Nog vs Bones I think has the makings of an absolute classic. Style wise I can hardly think of a better fight in the devision.

I hope this is some inside knowledge because I really like the sound of that matchmaking. I think Randy should fight the Machida vs Rampage winner and the winner of that get a shot too. I know Machida diserves it with just beating Rampage but UFC love to give Randy those big fights! Laughing

Also it keeps Nog and Machida apart, I know they would fight but when there are other options I see UFC keeping them happy.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wanderlei predicts Mir/Crocop Nog/Bader Empty Re: Wanderlei predicts Mir/Crocop Nog/Bader

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Machida vs Rampage and Machida vs Randy.

Might as well just let Machida spar for 6 rounds. 2 easy wins for him.

I think because of Shogun's injury and lay-off, Machida will have two fights before he gets his belt back. I think by that time, Jones will be moving divisions.

Personally i think Bader will beat Jones at this point in their careers.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wanderlei predicts Mir/Crocop Nog/Bader Empty Re: Wanderlei predicts Mir/Crocop Nog/Bader

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Bones hasnt been struggling to make weight I think he has a good run at Lhw before he makes the jump. Overeem made the cut longer than him. I think he has 2 more years at Hw, how many more fights you giving him? I think 4 or so, I Think he will try to make a run at the title before moving up.

Yeah I agree time wise 2 fights makes sence for Machida, Ramapge should be a walk in the park, I dont think Randy could hang with him or Shogun. Shame Machida will never beat Shogun to get "his title back" Laughing

Lot of faith in Bader, Im a bit worried about Nog against him. Who you calling?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Machida won't need to beat Shogun. He'll beat Evans though. Twisted Evil

I honestly think Bones has 2-3 more fights at 205 and then he'll move up. I know he's making weight but i think his frame is similar to Overeem and i'm sure when Overeem looks back at his career he regrets cutting for so long. Bones won't make that mistake.

I think Bader will stop Nog to be honest. Late 2nd round or early 3rd, TKO.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Yeah he is built like young Overeem, im sure the cut will start killing him soon too but he seems to have a lot of energy at the minute. Im sure he would have no problem getting up to the upper limits of heavyweight if he was purposly bulking up.

Shit I really hope your wrong about Bader/Nog. Nog looked so shit against Brilz and Bader is so much better. Luiz Cane is no joke though, he floored the best striker in the devision in his last fight. I dont think any 205ers can stand with Diabate and he gave it a fair go. Nog schooled him in such a display.

Bader is a dependable fighter, Generally he performs better than Nog but when Nog is on fire like he was against Cane I think he can beat any 205er. I just worry about his form after seeing his Brothers career take a turn for the worse.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:55 pm

I think if Nog is at his best, and Bader under-estimates him, then Nog can win. But I think Bader is too strong, too focused and too powerful with his hands.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:42 pm