THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
KJGould
Anfields5thKing
ChelseaQuinsfan
efils_god
manschesthair_utd
Once Mohawked Pete
rudeboyben84
Moose Stuff For Money...
The_Axe_Emperor
13 posters

"Too much wrestling in UFC" - Dan Hardy.

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

"Too much wrestling in UFC" - Dan Hardy. - Page 3 Empty Re: "Too much wrestling in UFC" - Dan Hardy.

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:40 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:GSP was slippery because he greased and cheated. Nothing to do with sweat. Why should BJ have had to figure out a way to get past cheating??

He didn't pass as much?? He barely passed AT ALL. And BJ was still only a young fighter at the time.

No, it doesn't. Stop telling lies. And what are you doing rubbing vaseline on yourself anyway?? If you're using the skin care one that's not the same thing that gets put on a fighters face.

4th round - 10-8.

And the round that was 10-8 was a dryhumping special that GSP would have been proud of.

hey now...we are not here to judge.

I only ask because when i questioned him before about his fascination with turtle sex and advised him to use lube, he claimed not to wear any!

Because it wasn't cheating, it was an unfortunate incident that people will always put as an argument against GSP but if they did rematch, the same would happen again.

Anyway forget all that, That 10-8 round your talking about I assume is regarding Shields. I can't see how that was dryhumping at all, He got into mount and smacked Hendo silly. Pitty he has no power in his hands but he was trying to finish and therefore that can't be dryhumping. He also went for sub attempt after sub attempt, how is that dryhumping?

Maynard vs Kenflo second and third rounds, were they 10-8? Does Jon Madsen win every round 10-8?

Also I believe, I said I didn't NEED it, not that I don't use it.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

"Too much wrestling in UFC" - Dan Hardy. - Page 3 Empty Re: "Too much wrestling in UFC" - Dan Hardy.

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:04 am

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:29 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:GSP was slippery because he greased and cheated. Nothing to do with sweat. Why should BJ have had to figure out a way to get past cheating??

He didn't pass as much?? He barely passed AT ALL. And BJ was still only a young fighter at the time.

No, it doesn't. Stop telling lies. And what are you doing rubbing vaseline on yourself anyway?? If you're using the skin care one that's not the same thing that gets put on a fighters face.

4th round - 10-8.

And the round that was 10-8 was a dryhumping special that GSP would have been proud of.

hey now...we are not here to judge.

I only ask because when i questioned him before about his fascination with turtle sex and advised him to use lube, he claimed not to wear any!

Because it wasn't cheating, it was an unfortunate incident that people will always put as an argument against GSP but if they did rematch, the same would happen again.

Anyway forget all that, That 10-8 round your talking about I assume is regarding Shields. I can't see how that was dryhumping at all, He got into mount and smacked Hendo silly. Pitty he has no power in his hands but he was trying to finish and therefore that can't be dryhumping. He also went for sub attempt after sub attempt, how is that dryhumping?

Maynard vs Kenflo second and third rounds, were they 10-8? Does Jon Madsen win every round 10-8?

Also I believe, I said I didn't NEED it, not that I don't use it.

Blatant cheating. Nothing unfortunate about it. Cheating put and simple. Sub attempt after sub attempt??? Dryhumping and slapping. Shields vs GSP will be the most boring fight ever.

Madsen is a blanket. Dryhumping is different to blanketing. Madsen doesn't work when he's on the ground.

So you use vaseline to have a wank and then "wipe it off" with a random towel?? Minger!
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:57 pm

[quote="Anfields5thKing"][quote="ChelseaQuinsfan"][quote="Anfields5thKing"][quote="manschesthair_utd"]
    Anfields5thKing wrote:So you use vaseline to have a wank and then "wipe it off" with a random towel?? Minger!

errrr...... use baby oil you wierdo Very Happy
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:58 pm

"Too much wrestling in UFC" - Dan Hardy. - Page 3 I_like_where_this_thread_is_going
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Charles Olivera's take on wrestling

Brazilian fighter Charles Oliveira may be facing a step up in competition when he takes on Efrain Escudero at Wednesday night's UFC Fight Night on Spike TV, but that doesn't mean he felt the need to do anything special to prepare for the specific challenges Escudero presents.

Speaking with MMA Fighting last week, Oliveira (13-0) said he didn't bring in any wrestling-oriented sparring partners to mimic Escudero's style, mainly because he doesn't feel that he needs to. That's because in a head-to-head competition, according to Oliveira, jiu-jitsu is simply the superior ground fighting style.

"We have no wrestlers helping, because the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is better for the ground game," Oliveira said via an interpreter. "It's above the wrestling. I'm just training normally, nothing special."

The clash with Escudero (13-1) will be Oliveira's second in the UFC after an impressive 12-0 start to his career. Although almost all of Oliveria's pre-UFC bouts took place in Brazil, his jiu-jitsu prowess and reputation for exciting finishes generated a considerable amount of buzz prior to his Octagon debut.

A first-round submission of Darren Elkins at the last UFC Live event on Versus didn't do anything to dampen that enthusiasm, though now the Brazilian heads into a bout where instead of being the heavy favorite, he's actually a slight underdog.

Oliveira credited Escudero with having "a big heart," but said he isn't at all concerned with his opponent using his wrestling prowess to control the fight.

"The same way Escudero can put me down, I can put him down too. If Escudero takes me down, I can sweep, I can try some submissions. That's what I'm training for. That's part of the game."

Will Oliveira have reason to regret his decision not to work with some wrestlers in training once his fight with Escudero is in the books, or is his jiu-jitsu and overall game really as good as he says it is? We'll have to wait until Wednesday night to get our answer.

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:25 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Charles Olivera's take on wrestling

Brazilian fighter Charles Oliveira may be facing a step up in competition when he takes on Efrain Escudero at Wednesday night's UFC Fight Night on Spike TV, but that doesn't mean he felt the need to do anything special to prepare for the specific challenges Escudero presents.

Speaking with MMA Fighting last week, Oliveira (13-0) said he didn't bring in any wrestling-oriented sparring partners to mimic Escudero's style, mainly because he doesn't feel that he needs to. That's because in a head-to-head competition, according to Oliveira, jiu-jitsu is simply the superior ground fighting style.

"We have no wrestlers helping, because the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is better for the ground game," Oliveira said via an interpreter. "It's above the wrestling. I'm just training normally, nothing special."

The clash with Escudero (13-1) will be Oliveira's second in the UFC after an impressive 12-0 start to his career. Although almost all of Oliveria's pre-UFC bouts took place in Brazil, his jiu-jitsu prowess and reputation for exciting finishes generated a considerable amount of buzz prior to his Octagon debut.

A first-round submission of Darren Elkins at the last UFC Live event on Versus didn't do anything to dampen that enthusiasm, though now the Brazilian heads into a bout where instead of being the heavy favorite, he's actually a slight underdog.

Oliveira credited Escudero with having "a big heart," but said he isn't at all concerned with his opponent using his wrestling prowess to control the fight.

"The same way Escudero can put me down, I can put him down too. If Escudero takes me down, I can sweep, I can try some submissions. That's what I'm training for. That's part of the game."

Will Oliveira have reason to regret his decision not to work with some wrestlers in training once his fight with Escudero is in the books, or is his jiu-jitsu and overall game really as good as he says it is? We'll have to wait until Wednesday night to get our answer.

If Efrain tries to simply wrestle Oliveira to victory i hope he gets submitted.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:48 am

Dan Hardy hits back at Nate Marquardt.

"One guy who struggled to keep up with the points I made was UFC middleweight and charisma donor Nate Marquardt, who always seems to have something to say about me, for no other reason than I once competed against one of his friends. Sadly, we can now add 'literacy test' to the types of tests Nate has failed, because he either misread the whole thing or – like writers from AOL and Yahoo did – just read the first paragraph or two and had to stop because reading gives him a headache. Ultimately, people can agree or disagree with what I wrote, but the facts are on my side. The Nik Lentz fight at UFC 118, which was the catalyst for my column, was the only UFC Prelim fight to ever lose TV viewers. That hurt the pay-per-view buy rate, it hurt Andre Winner's career, it hurt lightweight Joe Lauzon – who had an amazing performance immediately after Lentz's effort, which fewer people witnessed because of Lentz – and it hurt the sport as a whole. No one watching that Lentz fight was entertained, no one turned to their buddy and screamed 'Damn! This fight is so awesome! He's holding the hell out of him!' I would never presume to speak for the UFC, but I can't see Lentz getting any more prime time opportunities anytime soon."

Hardy is a great character Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 am

He's beginning to grow on me I have to say. I think it's partly because I'm a recent convert to the Chael Sonnen fanclub.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:08 am