THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
Anfields5thKing
Moose Stuff For Money...
efils_god
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
the_king
redmeanie77
The_Axe_Emperor
Ginginho
14 posters

Predictions - Matchmaking for Signature/Avatar Bets

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Predictions - Matchmaking for Signature/Avatar Bets - Page 4 Empty Re: Predictions - Matchmaking for Signature/Avatar Bets

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:34 am

Akiyama fought real unintelligently, Bisping won by having more stamina and keeping a high pace that Akiyama couldnt keep up with. Akiyama was also being way to predictable and passive letting Bisping tee off at him way more than he should have.

Bisping did well tonight but Akiyama made him look better than what he actually was.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Predictions - Matchmaking for Signature/Avatar Bets - Page 4 Empty Re: Predictions - Matchmaking for Signature/Avatar Bets

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:50 am

wow that fight was so frustrating to watch!!

Akiyama is a much better puncher than Bisping and has a much better chin, this should have been a victory for Akiyama if he had played it smart!
    its not like he had to play bispings game either.
    he was all asia judo champion...

ALL ASIA JUDO CHAMPION!!!

thats one of the most prestigious things you can win in judo, and Bisping was the only one really trying to take the opponent down.
    i feel Akiyama could have won on feet or ground if he fought smarter.
    he is very experienced in submissions.

oh well, if he is going to settle into a lytle type role its his choice Sad
    at least i didnt AV bet on this one...although i probably would have if i could have.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:25 am

The three results that I really wanted to see today all went down in spectacular fashion,today was a pretty shitty day for me Mad

First my beloved Forest got spanked 3-1 to fucking Barnsley,then my Trump pick,Hathaway got spanked for three rds(I gave Pyle a 10-8 for that 2nd rd,30-26 overall)and then my favourite English fighter and fellow Nottingham lad got knocked the fuck out in the first rd Crying or Very sad Mad

thank god for small mercies atleast Bisping beat Akiyama cheers
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:46 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Where is Bisping fan with his avatar for Anfield? Laughing
    A nice flying knee for Anfield... cheers
    Predictions - Matchmaking for Signature/Avatar Bets - Page 4 Sport-graphics-2007_711960a
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:59 pm

Done Twisted Evil
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:02 pm

lol. how did you change your username.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Surely changing your username to contradict the bet is against the rules Laughing ?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:17 pm

I'll put a username bet for Brock-Cain fight. Im going for Brock.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:20 pm

wow meanie you can lose you avatar and username in one night.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:32 pm

the_king wrote:lol. how did you change your username.

Click on profile at the top of the page, your username will be on the left of the page, just overtype whatever is there. scroll down and save.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:45 pm

the_king wrote:wow meanie you can lose you avatar and username in one night.

Ive made 2 bets since this thread started and ive still not lost. Hoping this time next week my undefeated streak continues. Cool
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:50 pm

im not changing my name but will use another avatar, known my luck id change my name then someone else will register blocking me from using it again.
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:31 pm

I think Anfields got off quite lightly there.

Steven Gerard wearing a Mancs top would have been great if you could have managed to do it?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:14 pm

That wouldn't really make much sense in Bisping-Akiyama bet would it??
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Sorry mate I'm not really sure how it works. Does the pic have to be in relation to the fight your betting on or can it be any pic?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Has to be in relation to the fight. I'll have a Kos-GSP one with you when that fight comes around if you're up for it?
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Yeah I'm up for that mate.

Fancy bending the rules a bit and having any pic after the fight or would that be frowned upon?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm

it can be any pic.

or does my AV have some relation to the Mir/Crocop fight i am not aware of? Laughing
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Laughing

That made me chuckle chesthair

Any suggestions what would be suitable for Anfield?? You no him better than me
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:01 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:it can be any pic.

or does my AV have some relation to the Mir/Crocop fight i am not aware of? Laughing

I assumed it was some sort of dig at you being a japanese MMA fanboy, given that CroCop was a mega-star in Japan.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:Done Twisted Evil
    Brilliant name change counter-do we call you Anfield til the bets up, or is it Michael now? Question
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm

You can call me Anfield, Dave or Bisping's a cunt. haha Twisted Evil
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Laughing
    Oh, and keep ya mitts of Bostock!!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:49 pm

He looks a very good player. You a spurs fan? I think he'll end up leaving Spurs to be honest. He plays central behind strikers, for which you have Van Der Vaart and Modric, or left wing for which you have Bale and Dos Santos. He could prob play on the right but you've got Lennon and Bentley. Spurs are loaded for attacking midfielders. And central midfielders, Modric can play there, Bentley can play there plus Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas and Sandro. Plenty of strikers too. Could do with a commanding CB who can stay fit. Woodgate, Dawson and King are all injury prone. Quality when fit though. Plus you've got Bassong and Kaboul. Good options at rightback with Corluka and Hutton. Good at leftback with the Ekotto or whatever his name is. Spurs are a top class keeper and a manager who can pick a team and stick to it away from contending for the title IMO.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:He looks a very good player. You a spurs fan? I think he'll end up leaving Spurs to be honest. He plays central behind strikers, for which you have Van Der Vaart and Modric, or left wing for which you have Bale and Dos Santos. He could prob play on the right but you've got Lennon and Bentley. Spurs are loaded for attacking midfielders. And central midfielders, Modric can play there, Bentley can play there plus Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas and Sandro. Plenty of strikers too. Could do with a commanding CB who can stay fit. Woodgate, Dawson and King are all injury prone. Quality when fit though. Plus you've got Bassong and Kaboul. Good options at rightback with Corluka and Hutton. Good at leftback with the Ekotto or whatever his name is. Spurs are a top class keeper and a manager who can pick a team and stick to it away from contending for the title IMO.
    Yea for my sins! Thats why I ain't been dishing the shit to you on the footy thread, I know exactly how it feels Crying or Very sad
    You ain't got much wrong there I think, except Corluka lacks pace as does Bentley and Dos Santos will be off in Jan I reckon-shame about that I think.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:45 pm