THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Greatest comebacks Video, Bellator spoilers

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Greatest comebacks Video, Bellator spoilers Empty Greatest comebacks Video, Bellator spoilers

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:51 am

Has to be one of the best comebacks in MMA history, Its a phrase used too much but Warren was getting schooled, Rocked, Running away, TD's shrugged off, little offence coming back then comes out in the 2nd and wins by KO! Wasnt hoping for him but It was a great fight all the same I hope Soto gets his rematch.

Strange that Video was about great comebacks and Manhoef vs Cyborg was a pretty 50/50 fight! Id have included Nog vs Sylvia and Sakuraba vs Zelg myself.

What other great comeback fights are there? Videos appreciated!

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Tim_Sylvia_vs_Antonio_Rodrigo_Nogueira_UFC_81_Brea?vid=10000846&tid=100
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Greatest comebacks Video, Bellator spoilers Empty Re: Greatest comebacks Video, Bellator spoilers

Post  sunthunder Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:45 am

Pitbull Freire actually put a worse beating on Warren than Soto did, believe it or not.

Honourable mentions for great comebacks that a lot of people haven't seen - Jonathan Wiezorek vs Wade Shipp and Choi Mu Bae vs Soa Palelei. The Mu Bae - Palelei fight is actually epic epitomised in MMA form, and Wiezorek vs Shipp is just the UFC's equivalent.

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Greatest comebacks Video, Bellator spoilers Empty Re: Greatest comebacks Video, Bellator spoilers

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:44 pm

the ones like Le/Smith 1, Warren/Soto, Russow/Duffe and Lawler/Manhoef are not exactly "comebacks" in the proper sense.
    they are just a hail mary punch when you are getting your ass kicked.
    Fights that i count as a proper comeback is where a fighter is facing alot of adversity but manages to turn the fight around and prove himself to be better.

proper comebacks include:

(this is the best one, fight highlights start at 2.00)

this is less of a comeback, more of a back and forth fight, but Nog takes a hell of a beating.

^ Sapps most impressive MMA outing for me, i was surprised he could even resist an armbar after fighting for 14 minutes!!

then there is Crocop/Nog

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:05 am

I think Nog-CroCop might be the best comeback ever. CroCop destroyed Nog for the first round, rarely seen such a beating. then Nog did what Nog does best. In fairness, had that fight been in the US, it would have been stopped.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:59 am