THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
Anfields5thKing
Cowboys From Hell
pinsman
superman_punch
Mryzyz
Moose Stuff For Money...
2brutal
rudeboyben84
12 posters

Strikeforce *Spoilers* with Videos (and Bellator Vids)

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Strikeforce *Spoilers* with Videos (and Bellator Vids) Empty Strikeforce *Spoilers* with Videos (and Bellator Vids)

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:06 pm

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Billy_Evangelista_vs_Jorge_Masvidal_Strikeforce_?vid=10017455&tid=100

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Tim_Kennedy_vs_Melvin_Manhoef_Strikeforce_Colum?vid=10017451&tid=100

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Dan_Henderson_vs_Rafael_Feijao_Cavalcante_Strik?vid=10017452&tid=100

Masvidal could well be a contender at 155 now, He held his own against Daley at 170 so at 155 Id love to see him matched up with Noons, JZ or Thompson... all would make for fun fights.

Kennedy beating Manhoef on the ground was inevitable, He had more trouble taking Manhoef down than I would have expected but got the job down in a round. Manhoef is a danger to anyone on the feet, those Kicks are dynamite! For Manhoef Id love to see him fight Cung Le if he ever comes back I think he could win that one. Kennedy called out Lawler, Its a fights Id love to see and If he kept up the pace I think his striking is good enough to at leant not get sparked, I think id back him to outwork and outgrapple Lawler and get the UD... Its a fight I want to see anyway.

Wow Hendo KOing Feijao was something special! I cant wait to see that KO from a few different angles!! Hendo did so so well to recover from Feijao dropping him and getitng on top of him, to just stand back up like that and get on top of someone Feijao's size was unbelievable. I like Hendo better at 205, he might be undersized but at least he wont gas. Hendo's standup looked great, his hands looked very quick, I would guess Mousasi vs Kyle winner is getting a shot at him unless Mo fights and beats someone like Roger Gracie or OSP. I reckon Hendo will defend the Title no matter who it is against.

http://www.steverattlemma.com/2011/03/bellator-35-videos/

Last edited by rudeboyben84 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Strikeforce *Spoilers* with Videos (and Bellator Vids) Empty Re: Strikeforce *Spoilers* with Videos (and Bellator Vids)

Post  2brutal Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Was woried for a second when hendo got tagged in the 1st but he looked strong in his greco against lets face it a much bigger guy, great ko for hendo to add to his collection,

Manheof kicks are great but his ground game is weak he gave his back way to often and way to easy,

Not seen masvidal fight yet but likewise he impressed me against daley,

Coenen fight not seen eitherr
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Strikeforce *Spoilers* with Videos (and Bellator Vids) Empty Re: Strikeforce *Spoilers* with Videos (and Bellator Vids)

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:23 pm

I know I worried too but that was some of the most impressive recovery time Ive seen. Mousasi will be a great fight for him if he gets through Kyle... Thats the fight in the devision where Hendo may use his Wrestling but for some reason I see Hendo being able to KO him. Mo might be able to outwrestle Hendo for 15mins but if he tried to Box and mix things up I see him getting clipped.... Cant wait till Hendo makes his 1st defence whoever its against.

Menhoef needs a groundgame. His TDD looked impressive considering that Kennedy is a great wrestler.... but I think he is a one trick pony and always will be. Who you backing if Kennedy fights Lawler? Kennedy couldnt sub Lawler but I think he would find himself on top laying some GnP on....
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:52 pm

http://mmamayhem.com/news.php?extend.2773.5

FOTN (of the ones I have watched)
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:53 pm

superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Great KO from Hendo!!!! 205 is great for him. I still think he'd have a place in the UFC LHW division fighting guys like Rashad, Forrest, Hamil, Davis, Silva, lil Nog, Bonner, Machida and guys like that. I wouldn't count him out of ant fight withany of those. Think rashad v hendo would be good
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:30 pm

What a KO from Hendo!!!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Hendo doesn't get the recognition he deserves he's been at the top of the table for years and years! He really is one of the all time best... another great right hand KO his right hand is Cro Cop left leg ha ha! Hes very good for strikeforce too!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:55 pm

pinsman wrote:Hendo doesn't get the recognition he deserves he's been at the top of the table for years and years! He really is one of the all time best... another great right hand KO his right hand is Cro Cop left leg ha ha! Hes very good for strikeforce too!

If Hendo had of put the finish to Shields he would be one of the top p4p guys again, He was so close. at 205 anyone without an Iron Jaw is going to get clipped and dropped, that right is a brick. He put Prime Wandy to sleep on the feet and This fight really showed he is one of the most dangerous guys in the devision standing.

I honestly fee Shields smothered him partly due to him being drained, but when you see Rampage doing it I feel bigger 205ers might do it. You wonder how he would cope with OSP or King Mo on top of him.

Kyle is the biggest 205er in SF is he? There are so many good fights for Hendo in SF.

Did you hear that Hendo wanted to be hard of the HW GP??? I love Hendo, he has fought between 3 weights, Beat Yvel and Big Nog and all. I rate him as high as Wandy, Couture and Liddell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Great night of fights the opener and Co & Main Events were good scraps enjoyed the Coenen Carmouche fight great back and forth action looking forward to Tate vs Coenen later in the year.

Surprised Hendo won in the fashion he did barring the knock down in the 1st he completely dictated where the fight went against a huge Cavalcante doing something Mo couldn't do Hendo looked great man I really hope Mousasi beats Kyle and they fight in the summer that would be mouth watering clash.

Props to Masvidal he comprehensively beat Evangelista there could be some great fights ahead for Gamebread I like the idea of a fight with Healy or Thompson.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:57 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    pinsman wrote:Hendo doesn't get the recognition he deserves he's been at the top of the table for years and years! He really is one of the all time best... another great right hand KO his right hand is Cro Cop left leg ha ha! Hes very good for strikeforce too!

If Hendo had of put the finish to Shields he would be one of the top p4p guys again, He was so close. at 205 anyone without an Iron Jaw is going to get clipped and dropped, that right is a brick. He put Prime Wandy to sleep on the feet and This fight really showed he is one of the most dangerous guys in the devision standing.

I honestly fee Shields smothered him partly due to him being drained, but when you see Rampage doing it I feel bigger 205ers might do it. You wonder how he would cope with OSP or King Mo on top of him.

Kyle is the biggest 205er in SF is he? There are so many good fights for Hendo in SF.

Did you hear that Hendo wanted to be hard of the HW GP??? I love Hendo, he has fought between 3 weights, Beat Yvel and Big Nog and all. I rate him as high as Wandy, Couture and Liddell

Spot on there Ben. I would have loved to have seen him in the HW grand prix even at this stage as an alternate. I'd have backed Hendo over Arlovski in fairness. There is some good fights for Hendo in strikeforce and I'd have to agree he would have to be one of the top p4p fighters of all time. Great fighter!!!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Dan Henderson is my hero! Seriously! Guy's a beast. Great chin, great wrestling, great power. If he was 10 years younger he'd be top 3 P4P. As it is, I think he's close to the top 10. Top 3 LHW after Shogun and Machida.

Ben, OSP trains at Team Quest under Hendo, they won't fight. King Month trained with him for a while too but they prob would fight. I think Hendo would KO him.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:54 pm

lovely KO from Hendo, im glad my prediction wrong this time!

In terms of future opponents, i can see Mo laying on him for 25 minutes...stylistically its bad for Dan.
    Mousasi is a better style fight form Hendo point of view, but Mousasi has a high class skills in everything he does, and with good chin and takedown defence i think Mousasi would win.
    Roger Gracie gets sparked by Hendo though Razz
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Shields lay on him cos he gassed. Don't think Mo could do it. Hendo has the power to KO Mo and I think he'd beat him. Mousasi's takedown defence is questionable. Don't think Hendo would have many problems taking him down. Mo and Jacare did it with ease.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:25 pm

That was quite a KO from Hendo. 40 years of age and still winning titles at a top MMA promotion is something pretty special. I actually picked Cavalcante to win this, but I'm kind of happy I was wrong.

I was a little disappointed with Cavalcante though. He looked like he had stars in his eyes and he was mentally overwhelmed in this fight. In the fight against King Mo he was fearless and didn't hold anything back. Here he was hesitant to strike in this fight.

Henderson was Henderson: patient, looking for weaknesses and well, he found them. That's down to the experience he has had over the years. Cavalcante was taken down fairly easily, and offered no threat off his back. His stand up was great; he defended himself well, and landed his money maker. Simple as that.

Cavalcante's had his moments such as that that sick right hand that knocked Henderson on his ass (and dropping Hendo is by no means an easy feat) but after that shot, I don't think he landed any other meaningful shots. He was throwing telegraphed haymakers that Henderson simply backed away from...no setup jabs...just wishes on fists.

Henderson waded through a tough fight, with a seemingly starstruck opponent. Cavalcante just wasn't the fighter he was a few months ago, and the gaping holes in his game were totally exposed.

No credit taken away from Hendo though, he comfortably beat and brutally KOed a much younger tougher opponent. I agree with what has been said about Hendo often being overlooked when it comes to modern greats. For me he is right there with the Wandi's, Nogs and Fedor's of this world.

As for other fights, I could see Mo beating him depending on how Mo shows up. If he shows up and gasses in half a round, it will be a fairly simple night for Hendo. But if he sorts his cardio out I think he would have a very good chance of winning considering he is a much better, stronger and bigger wrestler than Shields.

I think Hendo would beat Mousasi though. I think he could take him down quite easily and possibly even land a fight ending KO punch.

The other fights were good as well, Masdival looked impressive, and might now look to establish himself as a top fighter, rather than being "that guy who got subbed by Imada". Manhoef still doesn't have a ground game and Kennedy did well. Coenen vs Camouche was a good back and forth affair. Very Solid show.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Ben as much as i like lawler i rekon kennedy would get the ud via takedown and gnp although with ruthless he always has the equaliser with the hendo like powers
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Kennedy would beat Lawlor. Kennedy's a very good fighter.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:59 pm

I don't like Lawlor's chances with his ground game. Lawlor has solid wrestling skills, but I reckon Kennedy take him down and beat him up or choke him out. It's a shame Kennedy can't make WW, I think he'd have a much better shot at the title. He's always going to struggle with Souza as the champion.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:03 pm

I just think with Hendo because hes not got a really exciting personality and talks smack and that he isn't considered as highly as he should be, obviously most people on here love him but your average joe's who aren't big on their history prob wouldn't know who Dan Henderson is...
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:46 pm

I've said that I think Lawler is over rated for ages now,well especially since most sites have him in the top 10.

I'd back Kennedy to beat him and I don't think Kennedy is top 10(not a mile away though)

I don't think Hendo will have that many problems with two other over rated fighters in Mo and Mousassi either to be honest.

In a 5 rd fight against either,I'd back Hendo still.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:37 am