THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Bellator 45 video links

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bellator 45 video links Empty Bellator 45 video links

Post  payneNglory1 Sun May 22, 2011 10:13 pm

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bellator 45 video links Empty Re: Bellator 45 video links

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Cheers for all the Vids Payne, Ive still to watch the Pitbull vs Straus fight, might get it watched tonight...

I wonder if any of the Bellator fighters will be Zuffa bound, Lombard has been calling for a Mousasi rematch and Askren has said he is aiming to join UFC's ranks...

Bellator is great to watch, I love the tournament format and the catchweight fights they put on but It really frustrates me to see their top fighters so inactive with so little competition. Id love an way for them to officially become a feeder league to UFC.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon May 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Cheers Ben

I was beginning to think that people aren't interested in these event video's I keep posting,with the lack of response to any of them. Sad Laughing

I love the Bellator tourneys,it's a great way to unearth new talent and the one pay out of 100k to the winner,is a great incentive to get these guys to fight and perform.Overall every season under this format has been a success, but the same things bother me about there 2 big stars,the gap between the tournament talent and their champs like Eddie and lombard is just to big a gap,the fans are crying out to see them both consistently fighting the standard of fighter we think they should be.

I'd personally love to see them both face better competition,if for nothing else but to confirm that they are at the level I think they are(definitely Eddie anyway)

I don't think Makovsky,Warren,Askren,M'Pumbu or Conrad should be in a rush to step up the competition yet,I think they could all benifit from sticking with Bellator building themselves up for a year or two more.

I can't see Eddie or Lombard fighting any UFC fighters unless they are allowed to run out their contracts or bellator are willing to somehow sell their contracts to ZUFFA.

I don't really know if that can happen(I'm not really up with how or what can happen with any of these contracts)especially if they have champions clauses with bellator,but maybe while Strikeforce is still around,ZUFFA might be more willing to keep the channels open for co-promoting and we could still see Alverez take on Melendez or Lombard getting his rematch with mousasi at some stage.

Fingers crossed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:07 pm