THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Swick v Hardy for UFC 105?

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Swick v Hardy for UFC 105? Empty Swick v Hardy for UFC 105?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:12 pm

From Cagepotato...

UFC president Dana White has confirmed to MMA Fanhouse that a welterweight fight between Mike Swick and Dan Hardy is in the works, with the winner potentially getting the next shot at Georges St. Pierre's belt. Though the bout hasn't yet been tied to a specific event, UFC 105 (November 14th, Manchester) seems likely, as British fan-favorite Hardy was already rumored to face Dong Hyun Kim on the card, while Swick has expressed a desire to return to action quickly after a concussion suffered in training scrapped his scheduled fight against Martin Kampmann at UFC 103.

Mike Swick (14-2) has been a perfect 4-0 since dropping to the welterweight division, winning decisions over Josh Burkman and Marcus Davis, and impressive stoppage victories over Jonathan Goulet and Ben Saunders. Dan Hardy (22-6, 1 no contest) has also been on a tear since he signed with the UFC last year, earning split-decisions against Akihiro Gono and Marcus Davis, and knocking the daylights out of Rory Markham at UFC 95.

Though Georges St. Pierre is still rehabbing the groin injury he suffered in his decision win against Thiago Alves in July, he expects to be ready for action by early next year.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Swick v Hardy for UFC 105? Empty Re: Swick v Hardy for UFC 105?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:18 pm

I hope this fight happens. I have my doubts about how good a fighter Hardy actually is, Swick should provide a good test so hopefully Hardy can step up. Can't see either of them testing GSP though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Hardy is another over-rated Brit. Davis kicked his ass and got screwed.

Swick will KO him whilst Goldie creams himself going on about punches in bunches.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:15 pm

Can't agree with you there;

Swick v Hardy for UFC 105? Hardy-davies-post-fight

Hardy did way more damage on the feet and dropped him aswell (twice maybe), he was defensive on the ground for longer but his ground offence was miles more effective

Swick v Hardy for UFC 105? Ufc99hardydavis13lo
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Hardy won that fight hands down.

He might not be the most rounded fighter and I do think he has a lot of work to do on his overall game but on his feet he is a danger for most fighters in that division.
    His Cardio seems fine and you can't knock his heart either.

Swick might be to much for him but then again Swick is a top 10,maybe a top 5 ranked Welter.

I'd say Hardy is a top 20-15 ranked Welter at the minute but if he did pull out a win against Swick then I would say he has earned a top 10 place.

Plus he is a Nottingham lad cheers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Ive actally started being a Hardy fan, I like his style in the cage. I dont think he is another Overrated Brit, I think he beat Davis in a close fight but still I think he won. Swick dominated Davis on the other hand, I think he won every round and won convincingly... I think that Swick will beat Hardy but that doesnt mean he is overrated. Id agree top 15, I dont think he is far off top 10.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:59 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:Can't agree with you there;

Swick v Hardy for UFC 105? Hardy-davies-post-fight

Hardy did way more damage on the feet and dropped him aswell (twice maybe), he was defensive on the ground for longer but his ground offence was miles more effective

Swick v Hardy for UFC 105? Ufc99hardydavis13lo

Nearly all of that damage came from 2 elbows. Davis controlled the fight for 11 of the 15 minutes. Judges based it too much on how the fighters looked. Davis won the fight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:59 am