THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division?

Poll

best featherweight division?

[ 7 ]
    Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? I_vote_lcap88%Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? I_vote_rcap [88%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? I_vote_lcap12%Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? I_vote_lcap0%Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? I_vote_lcap0%Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 8
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? Empty Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division?

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 pm

WEC
    (c) José Aldo jr. [1]
    Manvel Gamburyan [3]
    Mike Thomas Brown [5]
    Josh Grispi [8]
    Diego Nunes [11]
    Raphael Assuncao [12]
    LC Davis
    Mackens Semerzier
    Mark Homonick
    Chan Sung Jung
    Deividas Taurosevicius
    Cub Swanson
    Chad Mendes
    Erik Koch
    Leonard Garcia

DREAM
    (c) Bibliano Fernandes [2]
    Michihiro Omigawa [13]
    KID Yamamoto [15]
    Hiroyuki Takaya
    Joachim Hansen
    Mitsuhiro Ishida
    Caol Uno
    Kazuyuki Miyata
    "Wicky" Akio Nishiura
    Hideo Tokoro
    Kenji Osawa
    Abel Cullum
    Cole Escovedo
    DJ Taiki

Bellator
    (c) Joe Soto [10]
    (c) Joe Warren
    Patricio Friere
    Wilson Reis
    Georgi Karakhanyan
    Yahir Reis
    Shad Lierly
    Diego Saraiva
    Bao Quach

Sengoku Raiden Championships
    (c) Marlon Sandro [4]
    Hatsu Hioki [6]
    Masanori Kanehara [9]
    Michihiro Omigawa* [13]
    Shigeki Osawa
    Nick Denis
    Nam Phan
    Ronnie Mann
    Hideki Kadowaki

which is the best quality?
    most exciting?
    best future matchups?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? Empty Re: Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division?

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm going to say DREAM, because it has the most exciting match ups possible.
    i would like it if DREAM and SRC merge then we can get Sandro in with all the DREAm fws.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division? Empty Re: Which MMA organisation has the best featherweight division?

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:01 pm

I voted WEC because Aldo and the Korean Zombie are probabally in my yop 5 favorite fighters to watch these days. WEC has slightly more of the tallent than Dream, but not by much, I think with the 139lbs weight limit being raised Hellboy still has a chance to be a superstar in the devision... havnt given up hope on him yet!

SRC and Dream do share fighters sometimes, your right there are so maby good fights for Sandro at Dream, heres hoping we see a few.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Thats a tough question TBH, im not sure.

Best quality FW are probably in the WEC with Aldo, Gambaryun, Brown and Grispi all top 10 fighters. Then you have plenty of other talented fighters in there as well and plenty of exciting potentiol matchups.

If Dream and SRC linked up I'd be more tempted to go with them but I don't think they have more quality than WEC by themselves. IMO SRC overall have more good fighters than Dream, but Dreams top fighter, Fernandes is better than anything they have SRC.

Bellator need a few more top fighters if they are to develop, but Soto and Warren are both two talented fighters.

Best possible matchups:

WEC:

Aldo vs Gambaryun

Aldo vs Korean Zombie

MTB vs Grispi

DREAM: Omigawa vs KID

Fernandes vs Uno

Fernandes vs Omigawa/Kid winner

Bellator:

Warren vs Soto

SRC:

Sandro vs Omigawa rematch

Sandro vs Hioki

Kanhera vs Hioki
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Wec surely have the strongest roster, and put on more exciting fights.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:36 am