THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Nogueira wants Mir or CroCop next

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Nogueira wants Mir or CroCop next Empty Nogueira wants Mir or CroCop next

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:20 am

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has been training in Brazil to return to the Octagon, possibly in October. The Brazilian veteran took some time off to speak to Blog Mano a Mano and remarked on Fabrício Werdum’s win over Fedor Emelianenko at Strikeforce.

Blog Mano a Mano: What did you make of Werdum’s victory against Fedor?

That triangle should have been mine (laughs). Fedor ran away from three attempts of me to finish him by triangle (Big Nog and Fedor fought twice and the Last Emperor won both). Werdum set a perfect submission. That triangle looked like that one I applied on Mark Coleman. I was too happy.

Blog Mano a Mano: Did you get frustrated for not have been the first one to finish the Russian?

This feeling doesn’t exist. Werdum is from Jiu-Jitsu, is from Brazil. I was truly happy with the outcome.

Blog Mano a Mano: If they fight again, what’s your prediction for the match-up?

They might fight untill the end of the year. I don’t doubt at all that Werdum gets another triangle. His triangle is very tight. King Mo and Rashad Evans trained with him before the fight with Fedor and everyone commented how he was catching them all well.

Blog Mano a Mano: When we will see you in action again?

I’m going to the States in two weeks. I will meet the UFC officers to make a deal for my next fight. That might be in October. I’d love to match against Frank Mir. I wish this rematch badly and think that’s a good moment to make it happen.

Minotauro also said he would like to face off again against Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic, He believes he would have an even better chance to defeat the Croatian these days than he did when they fought in Pride FC and Nogueira won by submission.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 am