THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
Anfields5thKing
efils_god
kavik2
payneNglory1
p4pnumber_1
Sheldan
rudeboyben84
11 posters

MMA Calendar

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

MMA Calendar - Page 2 Empty Re: MMA Calendar

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:11 am

Timmeh is back and he's fighting DC Septemer 29th.

cheers cheers cheers cheers
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:32 am

Very Happy

LOOK WHO'S BACK

MMA Calendar - Page 2 Tim-sylvia-3

To be fair,If Cormier has to fight his last fight on his Strikeforce contract,Timmeh still has to be one of the best options out there in this really thin field of current HW's,not already under contract to the UFC or Bellator.

Kharitonov maybe,but it's reported that he's already signing with the UFC.

I read Timmeh has signed a multi fight deal with Strikeforce?

what's that all about if this is supposed to be the last fight in the Strikeforce HW division?

Strikeforce making the new Super Heavyweight Division or Timmeh's cutting to 205 Very Happy

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29803/tim-sylvia-signs-with-strikeforce-meets-daniel-cormier-at-sept-29-event.mma
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:23 am

Just hours after it was reported that the former UFC heavyweight champion had agreed to a contract to fight Daniel Cormier on Sept. 29 in Strikeforce, UFC president Dana White confirmed with MMA.tv that Sylvia had not in fact signed with the organization.

"Long story," he was quoted as saying, "but yes, Tim is not with Zuffa."

There were serious talks within the organization about bringing in Sylvia to fight Cormier, but in the end those plans never came to fruition.

Sylvia had been campaigning all year for another shot in the UFC, but White has said repeatedly, as recently as Thursday, that would not be returning to either Strikeforce or the UFC.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Jimi Manuwa Vs. Kyle Kingsbury Completes the UFC On FUEL TV's Nottingham card.

I'm really looking forward to this card,I think we are going to get treated to some excellent fights.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Sergio "Serginho" Moraes meets Renee Forte at UFC 153
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Allright lads trawlet the internet, if anyone remotley relevant is fighting (even the flyweights) they are now listed on the Calendar...

Let me know if its an overload of events and you dont care who Tim Hague is fighting and ill remove the smaller events, or Highlight the more important ones...

What you all think?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Good job Ben.

I see you are still refusing to acknowledge women's MMA exists.

Rousey and Kauffman is the main event.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:56 pm

delete.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:00 pm

I like having the smaller events up personally,because Axis TV (formely HD Net)shows Legacy Fighting Championship, Titan Fighting Championship, XFC, Maximum Fighting Championship, BAMMA and It’s Showtime and some sites do free live streams of other events.

If MMA's on in any form and I'm not doing anything at that time,I'll be watching,no matter what the standard is.

Sometimes I forget they are on,so having them on our calendar helps me out.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Paul Harris is out of 150 Yushin Okami will now fight Buddy Roberts and It seems Belcher v Belfort is set for 153.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:24 pm

From Anderson Silva to Buddy Roberts in two fights.

The demise of Yushin Okami, with added commentary from Tim Boetsch.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 am

Strikeforce event that was provisionally booked for 29/9 has been moved and will now most likely take place in October or November.

Oh, and it also has a main event. Daniel Cormier will face.....................FRANK MIR.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/daniel-cormier-believes-beating-frank-mir-is-the-perfect-introduction-to-ufc-fans-strikeforce

Interesting that TIMMEHHHHHH was being lined up to face Cormier originally. Can't imagine that would have last long. Mir will provide a better test for him. Cormier to win though.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:04 am

That is interesting I can see why they have let Mir go over he is never likely to win UFC gold again and is still a relevant name seems a good move for both parties.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Fair play to Mir, I suppose cause he knows its a one off Deal and im sure he got a nice wee Bonus to go. All other UFC fighters in other weights have said they wouldnt go to SF now they are UFC fighters but since the Hw devision is done after this I can see why Mir took it.

Happy to hear its not Sylvia. I think Cormier diservew a top 10 guy and Sylvia wouldnt be near that. I see Mir getting KO'd here, I dont think he will eat the shots Barnett did. Also it will 100% make him walk into UFC a title contender if he wins, I wonder if he will make the drop to 205 if he does? Of if Cain looses to Junior again will be have a go himself? Him vs Bones really interests me more than him vs Junior to be honest.

Who for Barnett now I wonder? Sylvia would fit the bill to fight him I reckon.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Winner of Shogun vs Vera getting next shot at the LHW title !!

Some very fuckin odd matchmaking at UFC last 6 months,
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 pm

kavik2 wrote:Winner of Shogun vs Vera getting next shot at the LHW title !!

Where did you hear this mate, strangest thing Ive ever heard, Imagine Vera won and got a shot at Bones! Not that Shogun did much better but I think someone like Glover would even be better, Failing that Machida if he beats Bader seems the obvious choice given that he is the only man who I can see beating Bones standing.

I hope Lil Nog strings togeather a few wins, Anyone know where he is at?
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:55 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    kavik2 wrote:Winner of Shogun vs Vera getting next shot at the LHW title !!

Where did you hear this mate, strangest thing Ive ever heard, Imagine Vera won and got a shot at Bones! Not that Shogun did much better but I think someone like Glover would even be better, Failing that Machida if he beats Bader seems the obvious choice given that he is the only man who I can see beating Bones standing.

I hope Lil Nog strings togeather a few wins, Anyone know where he is at?

Its on MMA underground, quoted from Dana White - I really cant believe it TBH
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:57 pm

I am hoping Hendo beats Bones. Wouldnt mind seeing Shogun vs Hendo again.

But yeh I totally agree with you at LHW at the mo I think Machida has the best chance of beating Bones.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Could be a missquite, im reading he said any of the 4 could earn a title shot with a really impressive performance.

I feel bad for Vera beaucse he was robbed in one of the worst decisions against Couture (Couture winning rounds he got dropped) and lost to T.Silva who was juicing, I think the Jardine result should have gone his way too but wasnt the Robbery Couture fight was.

Bader, Shogun and Vera showed absolutly nothing against Jones, Machida is the only rematch im interested in. Shoguns days at the top are numbered because I dont think he really trains to the level of other top fighters and Im not even confident he can beat Vera.

Bader has been training with a "Karate master" to beat Machida... Hmm I dont know what good that will do him, If Tito can drop him I fear for his health when Machida starts throwing, I think Machida will be the one looking impressive.

On the Bones vs Machida fight I wonder if any can comment on something I though was weird, the fight was restarted against the fence when Machidas cut was checked, is that in the rules or would some refs have started them from a neutral corner?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Doubt It is a misquote as Dna don't half talk some shit just to sell a fight Laughing , I've got to say I hope even more than before Hendo beats Jones as I have no interest in seeing Shogun v Jones 2 and how can the UFC sell that fight seeing what happened in the first fight.

On the flip side I'd rather see Bader or Machida (which Dana mentioned If Shogun don't impress) If I had to make the choice.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Doubt It is a misquote as Dna don't half talk some shit just to sell a fight Laughing , I've got to say I hope even more than before Hendo beats Jones as I have no interest in seeing Shogun v Jones 2 and how can the UFC sell that fight seeing what happened in the first fight.

On the flip side I'd rather see Bader or Machida (which Dana mentioned If Shogun don't impress) If I had to make the choice.

No interest in watching Bader vs Jones, Tito managed his only win in 6 years against Bader.

I will quite literally piss myself if Hendo beats Jones, Dana's face will be a picture and he already seems to be looking past that fight,
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:53 am

If Shogun was in anything resembling decent shape and tore Vera apart and then went into the Jones fight close to 100% then I'd like to see it. He was nowhere near fit to fight the last time, at best he was at 20%.

Machida with a good win over Bader and time to prepare properly for Jones would be best.

Hopefully it won't be Jones though. Hendo has the power to knock him out, just needs to get close enough to land. If Jones feels that right hand on his jaw and doesn't immediately go to sleep, he'll definitely be filling his short with a brown substance. Hendo at least has fought HW's before so it's a step in the right direction but he's going to be much smaller than Jones, there'll be close to 40lbs between them on fight night, Jones being a HW too scared to fight there, Hendo being a MW too old to make the cut.

Can't imagine anyone wants to see Bader or Vera get a title shot.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:53 pm

cant imagine Shogun ever getting back to his best, his body is a mess at this point.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Big Foot vs Travis Browne to headline UFC on FX 5.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Now there's a fight I'll look forward too. I think Browne is capable of big things.

Chesty, agree, the knee injuries, the beating from Hendo and the years of abuse his body took at Chute Boxe have finished Shogun early.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content