THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
kavik2
Mryzyz
Ginginho
payneNglory1
poz
Once Mohawked Pete
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
efils_god
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
ChelseaQuinsfan
19 posters

Football discussion

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Football discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:48 pm

No wonder Samuel looks happy in the picture. Very Happy

As for Kelly I'd have him over that donkey Johnson any day and I can understand why Micah got upset I mean getting shafted for Johnson is bad almost as bad as Kevin Foley being told you are being replaced by Paul McShane. Laughing
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:No wonder Samuel looks happy in the picture. Very Happy

As for Kelly I'd have him over that donkey Johnson any day and I can understand why Micah got upset I mean getting shafted for Johnson is bad almost as bad as Kevin Foley being told you are being replaced by Paul McShane. Laughing

Haha so true mate!! Not even joking, I've played with a few boys that I geniunely think would do a better job than McShane, absolute donkey!!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:No wonder Samuel looks happy in the picture. Very Happy

Haha so true mate!! Not even joking, I've played with a few boys that I geniunely think would do a better job than McShane, absolute donkey!!

It's amazing Man Utd seen something in him at a young age and I think what is more impressive is that 3 YES THREE ! Premier League teams signed him shame on West Brom, Sunderland and Hull, The one thing I always seem to remember about him is when West Brom played Burnley in 2007 when he went to head the ball away but ended up clattering in to the Burnley players head head first no less instead and getting sent off.

I really do feel sorry for Foley there has to be more to the situation that meets the eye.
    A very versatile right back who can play any where is carrying a knock so you decide to replace him with someone like Paul McShane when Sheamus Coleman is also on stand by as well.....Dear God ! Laughing Rolling Eyes
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:54 pm

I'd rather have Ian McShane in my team than Paul McShane!! Very Happy
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:30 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Micah Richards is twice the player Kelly is.

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Aww come on Anfield, Kellys young and is a decent prospect, but hes not as good as Richards. Kelly barely gets a game for Liverpool, and is still extremely young. Not to mention his inexperience. If Richards hadnt have thrown a soppy fit, he'd have been selected without a doubt.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:50 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Are you actually mentally retarded Chavski? Serious question. You haven't got a club what you're talking about when it comes to football.

Oh and by the way, you weren't linked with Rodgers, you offered him the job. He said no and then the rumours came out in the press to which he replied "I'm trying to build my career, not destroy it". After what happened to his two close friends, Mourinho and AVB, who were driven out of the worst run, most toxic club in England, he had no interest. That, and he was waiting for a big club to make him an offer. We made him an offer, and now we have a great young manager. Enjoy your patsy.

You think Johnson is in "the top 4" RBs in the PL. You shouldn't question anyone else's mental health.

Rodgers is a good manager but doesn't even have the players to play the sort of football he does. Also a Judas. He was never seriously linked with Chelsea and rightly so, he is a mid-table manager.

Also Kuyt is off just like I said predicted. Nothing special as a player as his price of a mighty 1 million suggests but he still had better stats than Downing.

Last edited by ChelseaQuinsfan on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 am

Anyone who saw the England game can see what a joke Johnson is. Had an absolute shocker, gave the ball away, tackled no one and kept losing the ball anytime he went on one of "his threatening runs". One of the worst players to wear the England shirt. Forget the embarrassingly better Richards, I would have had Danny Simpson, Tony Hibbert, Phil Neville hell even Gary ahead of that clown.

Also fantastic to hear that Kelly has been called. Exactly what we need, more Liverpool players. I'd still have him over Johnson but Jones should start. He won't though because I think Woy feels to blame for the current status of Liverpool and I think this is his way of saying sorry.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:05 am

Cowboys From Hell wrote:If Hulk does end up at Chelsea I think he could a Shevchenko type buy for them he will most likely flop IMO.

Seen the Brendan Rogers press conference on SSN this morning he spoke well in his Northern Irish/ Scottish hybrid accent and whatever else is in there (I detect a little Welsh as well).

I really question the decision making at the club sometimes. It's beyond moronic, overspending on an unproven player. Not sure what it is but I think far too many people rate the Portuguese league higher than it is. Last year Mourihnio payed 30 million for Coentreo who's an average winger and an awful defender.

With that being said Hulk has the skills to succeed. He has pace and skill, a good goal scoring record and a freakish shot. And he provides a good physical presence which is useful in the premeir league and it's useful for us since Drogba is leaving. Plus the new core of our side lacks side as Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Marin are all quite small players.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:34 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Aww come on Anfield, Kellys young and is a decent prospect, but hes not as good as Richards. Kelly barely gets a game for Liverpool, and is still extremely young. Not to mention his inexperience. If Richards hadnt have thrown a soppy fit, he'd have been selected without a doubt.

Richards is a better player than Kelly at this moment in time, but to suggest he's "twice the player" is nonsense. Kelly's as good as Richards defensively, Richards is just better going forward. Kelly's a centre-half playing RB though.

And he does get a game for Liverpool, and would have gotten a lot more games were it not for injury.

The final point is spot on. Richards spat the dummy after he was left out of the squad, why would he get called up after that? Kelly's done nothing wrong. He was put on stand-by, got called up and won't let anyone down if called upon. The way himself and Henderson have been treated by the media and England fans is a prime example of why England's best young players never develop properly. Henderson and Kelly have done nothing wrong, Carrick and Richards both turned their backs on their country, yet Henderson and Kelly get slaughtered while not a bad word is said about Carrick and Richards.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:43 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:If Hulk does end up at Chelsea I think he could a Shevchenko type buy for them he will most likely flop IMO.

Seen the Brendan Rogers press conference on SSN this morning he spoke well in his Northern Irish/ Scottish hybrid accent and whatever else is in there (I detect a little Welsh as well).

I really question the decision making at the club sometimes. It's beyond moronic, overspending on an unproven player. Not sure what it is but I think far too many people rate the Portuguese league higher than it is. Last year Mourihnio payed 30 million for Coentreo who's an average winger and an awful defender.

With that being said Hulk has the skills to succeed. He has pace and skill, a good goal scoring record and a freakish shot. And he provides a good physical presence which is useful in the premeir league and it's useful for us since Drogba is leaving. Plus the new core of our side lacks side as Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Marin are all quite small players.

Ramires is 5'11!! He's not small at all. Marin will only be a sub if Hazard and Hulk both sign. It's a bit odd that Chelsea haven't made a statement on Hazard yet. Assume it's just a hold up in getting his medical done because of the international friendlies.

Hulk has the tools to do well, but he also has the tools keep the ball all to himself at the expense of the team. As does Hazard who I think is a bigger risk than Hulk given the system Chelsea will play will require him to work for the team, something he doesn't enjoy doing. Chelsea are buying a team on unproven individuals, there's no cohesiveness to it at all and Ramires and Mikel could find themselves over-worked because the front 4 aren't workers. And they still haven't sorted their managerial situation out.

Odd that you have a go at the Portuguese league, your second best player came from there and your best ever defender came from there. And the likes of DiMaria and Falcao made their names there and are now amongst the best players in Europe. Coentrao is a decent defender and a good allround player. He was over-priced but he was a good signing for Real and played a number of different positions for them. RB, LB, DM, RW and LW during the year.

You have a point about players from there being over-priced but it was Chelsea who caused that when they paid 38mil for Carvalho and Ferreira and another 14mil for Bosingwa. You only need to look at these rumours of 30mil for Gaitan to see what's happened over.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:48 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Are you actually mentally retarded Chavski? Serious question. You haven't got a club what you're talking about when it comes to football.

Oh and by the way, you weren't linked with Rodgers, you offered him the job. He said no and then the rumours came out in the press to which he replied "I'm trying to build my career, not destroy it". After what happened to his two close friends, Mourinho and AVB, who were driven out of the worst run, most toxic club in England, he had no interest. That, and he was waiting for a big club to make him an offer. We made him an offer, and now we have a great young manager. Enjoy your patsy.

You think Johnson is in "the top 4" RBs in the PL. You shouldn't question anyone else's mental health.

Rodgers is a good manager but doesn't even have the players to play the sort of football he does. Also a Judas. He was never seriously linked with Chelsea and rightly so, he is a mid-table manager.

Also Kuyt is off just like I said predicted. Nothing special as a player as his price of a mighty 1 million suggests but he still had better stats than Downing.

I'll take that as a yes then. Sorry for your parents, I'm sure they're still very upset about it.

Sagna, Richards, Walker, Johnson. Yep, he's easily in the top 4. He's as good as Walker, easily.

Rodgers wasn't just linked with the job, he was approached about the job. He wanted nothing to do with your toxic club. He's by far the best young manager in the league and one of the best young managers in Europe. And how is he a judas you mug?

Everyone in the world knew Kuyt was leaving you bellend. And the price was written into his contract as a reward for his service to the club. You really are very stupid, but given your condition, that's understandable.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:51 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Anyone who saw the England game can see what a joke Johnson is. Had an absolute shocker, gave the ball away, tackled no one and kept losing the ball anytime he went on one of "his threatening runs". One of the worst players to wear the England shirt. Forget the embarrassingly better Richards, I would have had Danny Simpson, Tony Hibbert, Phil Neville hell even Gary ahead of that clown.

Also fantastic to hear that Kelly has been called. Exactly what we need, more Liverpool players. I'd still have him over Johnson but Jones should start. He won't though because I think Woy feels to blame for the current status of Liverpool and I think this is his way of saying sorry.

Big yawn. Usual brain dead nonsense. Johnson had a poor game but apart from Cole and Gerrard, no England player played well. England under Roy are a dour, dull team and having James Milner on the right wing is not going to help any right back. Your two central defenders were just as poor as Johnson. Shame Cahill broke his jaw, but great to see Terry get injured. Hopefully it's serious.

Kelly's better than Jones as an RB, and as a CB. Jones is hugely over-rated after one decent season where Chris Samba carried him.

Odd how we have far more players at the Euros than your small club given how great Chelsea apparently are.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:59 am

I hope Roy plays Jagielka and Terry, Jag can play RCB and then Terry can stay at LCB and not be forced to move over to his unfavoured side of LCB if Lescott plays. Plus I don't rate Lescott as much as a lot of people seem to do. The starting 11 VS France that I would play would be:

Hart, Johnson, Jagielka, Terry, Cole, Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Young, Walcott in behind Welbeck. I don't think we can risk starting AOC, huge talent but too inexperienced to start VS France. With the young squad we have now been forced to take we need to have as much experience in the side as possible.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:43 am

Football discussion - Page 21 Auh_xumCQAAq9ju

Will be interesting to see how England will manage to finish 8th from a group of 4.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

Ramires is 5'11!! He's not small at all. Marin will only be a sub if Hazard and Hulk both sign. It's a bit odd that Chelsea haven't made a statement on Hazard yet. Assume it's just a hold up in getting his medical done because of the international friendlies.

Hulk has the tools to do well, but he also has the tools keep the ball all to himself at the expense of the team. As does Hazard who I think is a bigger risk than Hulk given the system Chelsea will play will require him to work for the team, something he doesn't enjoy doing. Chelsea are buying a team on unproven individuals, there's no cohesiveness to it at all and Ramires and Mikel could find themselves over-worked because the front 4 aren't workers. And they still haven't sorted their managerial situation out.

Odd that you have a go at the Portuguese league, your second best player came from there and your best ever defender came from there. And the likes of DiMaria and Falcao made their names there and are now amongst the best players in Europe. Coentrao is a decent defender and a good allround player. He was over-priced but he was a good signing for Real and played a number of different positions for them. RB, LB, DM, RW and LW during the year.

You have a point about players from there being over-priced but it was Chelsea who caused that when they paid 38mil for Carvalho and Ferreira and another 14mil for Bosingwa. You only need to look at these rumours of 30mil for Gaitan to see what's happened over.

Ramires is sort of built like a Kenyan marathon runner. He's isn't short by any means but he is quite physically small and offers no sort of physical presence. Marin and De Bruyne will be subs is Hulk and Hazard come and I think that's a good thing. If one of Hulk or Hazard flops, there is at least good cover for them.

Hulk and Hazard can both be ball hogs but I think they will realize quickly that they will need to pass the ball. Hazard against England was the most frequent passer of the ball. He also worked quite hard upfront, switching from wing to centre to wing and he was always looking for the ball. Defensively I don't think either of them will produce much help but Ramires and Mikel are work horses. Ramires in particular has excellent fitness. Cole should be able to cover for who ever is playing ahead of him.

Not saying that the league isn't good and that it doesn't produce quality players because it does. But it also produces it's fair share of overrated and overpriced talent as well. Our best ever defender was Deasily but Carvahllio was quality and worth every penny we paid. Coentreo is a utility player and they are not worth anything close to 30 million. That's the same price Real Madrid paid for Xabi Alonso and cost more than Ozil! He is pretty poor defensively IMO, cost Real Madrid the game against Bayern in the first leg.

Carvallio was worth it, Feirrara was slightly overpriced but he played for us and we paid far too much for Bosingwa. He is worth half of what we paid. Especially since he hogs the spotlight whenever we win a trophy. I heard Gaitan is being linked with Man Utd and I can't see them paying that much for him.

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

I'll take that as a yes then. Sorry for your parents, I'm sure they're still very upset about it.

Sagna, Richards, Walker, Johnson. Yep, he's easily in the top 4. He's as good as Walker, easily.

Rodgers wasn't just linked with the job, he was approached about the job. He wanted nothing to do with your toxic club. He's by far the best young manager in the league and one of the best young managers in Europe. And how is he a judas you mug?

Everyone in the world knew Kuyt was leaving you bellend. And the price was written into his contract as a reward for his service to the club. You really are very stupid, but given your condition, that's understandable.

Laughing

Rodgers has the potential to do well but again he doesn't have the right players to play his game and he won't be able sign any Swansea players for 12 months. He is a judas for the way he left Warford (My second side). Claimed he was staying and said that anyone who said otherwise was questioning his integrity. He went to Reading and failed miserably.

I want to see how Rogers handles the pressure of the Liverpool job. Mid-table team with a lot of unrealistic fans who want big success. A poor run of form might see the fans turn on him. The situation at Liverpool is similar to Newcastle a couple of years ago.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Anyone who saw the England game can see what a joke Johnson is. Had an absolute shocker, gave the ball away, tackled no one and kept losing the ball anytime he went on one of "his threatening runs". One of the worst players to wear the England shirt. Forget the embarrassingly better Richards, I would have had Danny Simpson, Tony Hibbert, Phil Neville hell even Gary ahead of that clown.

Big yawn. Usual brain dead nonsense. Johnson had a poor game but apart from Cole and Gerrard, no England player played well. England under Roy are a dour, dull team and having James Milner on the right wing is not going to help any right back. Your two central defenders were just as poor as Johnson. Shame Cahill broke his jaw, but great to see Terry get injured. Hopefully it's serious.

Kelly's better than Jones as an RB, and as a CB. Jones is hugely over-rated after one decent season where Chris Samba carried him.

Odd how we have far more players at the Euros than your small club given how great Chelsea apparently are.

Cahill barely had any time on the pitch and was solid when he was on and Terry was fine. Nothing special just solid. Johnson was awful. As you said only Cole and Gerrard played well but no one aside from Johnson had a mare. Not the biggest fan of Milner but he works hard for the side and always tracks back. He got better as the game went on and put in a couple of decent crosses. Not sure what Milner had to do with Johnson needlessly giving the ball away, tackling no one and running straight into Vertonghen's back pocket.

Agree about Woy though, the team lacks creativity. Not sure why we can't just admit English managers aren't very good. And on the odd occasion we do have one like Clough, we don't pick them. Woy was an awful choice, it should have given to Redknapp for the time being. It's hardly Woy's fault though, he was never going to turn it down. I blame the dinosaurs at the FA who are leaving English football back in the dark ages. When you see the incredible talent the likes of Brazil, Spain and Germany produce it's really quite frustrating looking at the England side.

Jones is overrated but he is still a talent and has a lot of potential. He is better and younger than Kelly and a lot of top managers have shown great faith in him. He has struggled a bit because he has had to play so many different positions but he has also had some terrific performances. Needs to work on his crossing though.

The reason you have more players is because of injuries and laughable selections by Woy. But as I said, this is his way of apologizing to Liverpool fans. Why else would he pick Downing when there are about 7 or 8 better options?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:29 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Cahill barely had any time on the pitch and was solid when he was on and Terry was fine. Nothing special just solid. Johnson was awful. As you said only Cole and Gerrard played well but no one aside from Johnson had a mare. Not the biggest fan of Milner but he works hard for the side and always tracks back. He got better as the game went on and put in a couple of decent crosses. Not sure what Milner had to do with Johnson needlessly giving the ball away, tackling no one and running straight into Vertonghen's back pocket.

Agree about Woy though, the team lacks creativity. Not sure why we can't just admit English managers aren't very good. And on the odd occasion we do have one like Clough, we don't pick them. Woy was an awful choice, it should have given to Redknapp for the time being. It's hardly Woy's fault though, he was never going to turn it down. I blame the dinosaurs at the FA who are leaving English football back in the dark ages. When you see the incredible talent the likes of Brazil, Spain and Germany produce it's really quite frustrating looking at the England side.

Jones is overrated but he is still a talent and has a lot of potential. He is better and younger than Kelly and a lot of top managers have shown great faith in him. He has struggled a bit because he has had to play so many different positions but he has also had some terrific performances. Needs to work on his crossing though.

The reason you have more players is because of injuries and laughable selections by Woy. But as I said, this is his way of apologizing to Liverpool fans. Why else would he pick Downing when there are about 7 or 8 better options?

Because he's the only natural left footed left winger that England have. Quite simple really.

Kelly's a lot better than Jones who's had some utterly shocking performances over the past two seasons. Kelly's yet to have a bad game. Jones's defensive failings get glossed because he's good on the ball. Kelly's a much better defender.

It should have been a foreign manager for England. They are no good English managers at the highest level.

Milner offered no support on the flank and didn't make himself available. Terry was woeful. As was Milner. England were just shite.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:43 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

Laughing

Rodgers has the potential to do well but again he doesn't have the right players to play his game and he won't be able sign any Swansea players for 12 months. He is a judas for the way he left Warford (My second side). Claimed he was staying and said that anyone who said otherwise was questioning his integrity. He went to Reading and failed miserably.

I want to see how Rogers handles the pressure of the Liverpool job. Mid-table team with a lot of unrealistic fans who want big success. A poor run of form might see the fans turn on him. The situation at Liverpool is similar to Newcastle a couple of years ago.

Your second team? Jesus you are properly plastic.

Vorm is a sweeper keeper - we have Reina. Perfect fit. Huge upgrade
    Rangel is an attacking RB - we have Johnson. Perfect fit. Huge upgrade
    Caulker is a commanding CB - we have Skrtel. Perfect fit. Huge upgrade
    Williams is a ballplaying CB - we have Agger. There's no better ballplaying CB in Europe.
    Taylor is an attacking LB - we have Enrique. A good fit who's an upgrade and we have the best young LB in England in Jack Robinson

So defensively we're a perfect fit for what Rodgers wants.

Britton is the DM hub who recycles the ball - We have Lucas. Perfect fit. Huge upgrade
    Allen is a box to box midfielder - We have Henderson. Perfect fit. Upgrade. Might bring in someone more experienced. We have Aquilani too, who is perfect for Rodgers.
    Gylfi plays the 10 spot using power running, long range shooting and good passing. We have Gerrard who's brilliant in that role. Perfect fit. Upgrade

We don't have a right winger with pace but Suarez can play on the right and is brilliant in that role as shown at Ajax and for Uruguay.
    We don't have a left winger/playmaker. We'll buy one. Gaston Ramirez wants to move to Liverpool and would be perfect for us and Rodgers.

We need a goalscorer, we're in talks with Luuk De Jong so that will solve that.

---------------------Reina--------------------

Johnson-------Skrtel--------Agger-------Enrique

-------------Lucas---------Henderson-----------

----Suarez-----------Gerrard--------Ramirez----

----------------------DeJong-------------------

That's easily attainable. And we'll prob add 3 or 4 other squad players to increase depth. Gylfi looks likely, Clasie from Feyenoord looks likely, I'd expect another out and out winger and probably another striker as well.

We're only a couple of players off having the perfect team for Rodgers system. It's utter nonsense to say we don't have the players to fit his system.

Last edited by Anfields5thKing on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:44 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

Ramires is sort of built like a Kenyan marathon runner. He's isn't short by any means but he is quite physically small and offers no sort of physical presence. Marin and De Bruyne will be subs is Hulk and Hazard come and I think that's a good thing. If one of Hulk or Hazard flops, there is at least good cover for them.

Hulk and Hazard can both be ball hogs but I think they will realize quickly that they will need to pass the ball. Hazard against England was the most frequent passer of the ball. He also worked quite hard upfront, switching from wing to centre to wing and he was always looking for the ball. Defensively I don't think either of them will produce much help but Ramires and Mikel are work horses. Ramires in particular has excellent fitness. Cole should be able to cover for who ever is playing ahead of him.

Not saying that the league isn't good and that it doesn't produce quality players because it does. But it also produces it's fair share of overrated and overpriced talent as well. Our best ever defender was Deasily but Carvahllio was quality and worth every penny we paid. Coentreo is a utility player and they are not worth anything close to 30 million. That's the same price Real Madrid paid for Xabi Alonso and cost more than Ozil! He is pretty poor defensively IMO, cost Real Madrid the game against Bayern in the first leg.

Carvallio was worth it, Feirrara was slightly overpriced but he played for us and we paid far too much for Bosingwa. He is worth half of what we paid. Especially since he hogs the spotlight whenever we win a trophy. I heard Gaitan is being linked with Man Utd and I can't see them paying that much for him.

United might panic and pay for him because his wages would be a lot lower than the normal wages for a 30mil player. Ferreira was never worth more than 5mil, nor was Bosingwa. Cavarlho wasn't worth the money Chelsea paid at the time but he did prove worthwhile.

Alonso cost 30mil sterling, Coentrao cost 30mil Euro(if he hits certain incentives). Ozil is the bargain of the decade. You've just spent 3 times what Ozil cost on Hazard who's nowhere near as good. We paid 3 times the amount on Carroll who's never going to be 1/3 the player. Buying from Germany is the smart thing to do.

Cole's great, but he's not going to manage against 2 players coming at him all season long. Neither is anyone you have at RB. Ramires is immense, but asking him to do the defensive side of the game constantly will take away from his game.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:20 am

Kelly is a great player, one for the future definitely but it really should have been Rio instead of him. Our defence at the Euro's is going to be severely lacking in experience and Rio like him or not (I hate him tbh Laughing) brings a wealth of experience to the squad.

The fact Liverpool are the best represented side in the squad speaks more about England's distinct lack of decent options than it does about the quality of Liverpoo's players, so I wouldn't be boasting about that if I was you Anfield.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 am

Ramires is very small. Maybe not in height (he's 5'11" at a push) but in build he is one of the thinnest players in the EPL.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:53 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Kelly is a great player, one for the future definitely but it really should have been Rio instead of him. Our defence at the Euro's is going to be severely lacking in experience and Rio like him or not (I hate him tbh Laughing) brings a wealth of experience to the squad.

The fact Liverpool are the best represented side in the squad speaks more about England's distinct lack of decent options than it does about the quality of Liverpoo's players, so I wouldn't be boasting about that if I was you Anfield.

Johnson-Terry-Lescott-Cole

In what way is that lacking in experience? Rio should be in the squad ahead of Terry, both are shit now, years past it, but at least Rio isn't a racist.......just a cokehead.

England have plenty of options, we have plenty of quality. Downing is the only player who's in the squad based on being the only option in his position, the rest are there because they offer something the squad needs.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:54 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Ramires is very small. Maybe not in height (he's 5'11" at a push) but in build he is one of the thinnest players in the EPL.

Ramires is one of the strongest players around. Ever see him get knocked off the ball? He's not small either, just lean. He's not smaller than Jordan Henderson. He just looks so skinny because he plays next to Fat Frank in midfield.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:53 pm