THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+13
sunthunder
SirSquatAlot
Cowboys From Hell
Anfields5thKing
payneNglory1
redmeanie77
Sheldan
Mryzyz
p4pnumber_1
The_Axe_Emperor
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
2brutal
17 posters

thoughts on condit v diaz

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

thoughts on condit v diaz - Page 2 Empty Re: thoughts on condit v diaz

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm a huge Diaz fan, but I scored 48-47 for Condit.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:23 pm

I had it 48/47 to Diaz, I gave him rounds 1,2 and 5.

That said, I think his performance was very dissapointing. His striking volume was far too low, he seemed to have no other gameplan once he couldn't work Condit against the fence. He could have taken Condits back like he did in the 5th numerous times throughout the fight, given how often Condit flat out turned and ran from Diaz, but Diaz chose instead to saunter around all statuesque, not doing much but dicking about.
    Condit was very dissapointing as well. I was looking forward to this fight more than I have any other fight in a long time. Two killers who always produce fireworks. Or so I thought. It turns out one of the guys had a lot less confidence in his own ability than I had, so opted for tedious anti-fighting tactics instead, ruining something I had been eagerly anticipating for ages. Left a very sour taste.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:26 pm

49-46 Condit I had it. While Nick outboxed Carlos, Carlos outstruck Nick overall with his knees, elbows and kicks, not to mention stuffing takedowns.

Simple fact is Nick had to adjust, he didn't, and he lost. He was sussed out, because his opponent didn't just 'stand and trade' and actually had a gameplan, unlike many of Diaz' past opponents. Condit fought the perfect fight.

I really didn't think it was that close, but then again I was fucking knackered last night so I'll have to watch it again Laughing

On another note, if this is to be Nick's last MMA fight, good fucking riddance. His attitude in defeat last night was pathetic
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:48 pm

Also, the new intro is shit.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:50 pm

I had it 48-47 Diaz, very close though, 48-47 Condit was fine by me.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Mryzyz wrote:Also, the new intro is shit.

Let's bring back the guy picking up grains of sand, that was obviously much better than seeing highlight moments from fights that have shaped the UFC.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Condit outstrook Diaz in every round except the 2nd round. Dont see how people gave round 1 and 3 to Diaz.

Condit showed great maturity last night and put in a flawless performance, really happy for him that he is finally is a champion in the UFC (albeit Interim).

thoughts on condit v diaz - Page 2 Condit-diaz
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 pm

49-46 Condit all day.

Diaz won a close round 2 and that's it.

I'm gobsmacked that so many people think diaz won that fight.
    If moving forward wins a fight then fair play,but i score the rounds to the guy who actually lands the most strikes and condit out landed diaz in 4 out of the 5 rounds.

fair enough Condit used a stlye that wasn't fan friendly and fans were looking forward to seeing a battle,but Condit fought a very smart fight,he used alot of movement while still landing the most shots.

he never let diaz get into his game,he out smarted him and out worked him,like I say i personally can't see any case for diaz winnming that fight.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:01 pm

I loved the new intro, anything was better than gladiator.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Yeah I thought the new intro was cool myself.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Werdum looked great last night aswell,his striking game was on point last night,he looked more like a muay Thai fighter than a BJJ wiz.

Well impressed with him last night.

So who's got the best chin in the HW division a prime Hunt or Roy?

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:09 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:49-46 Condit I had it. While Nick outboxed Carlos, Carlos outstruck Nick overall with his knees, elbows and kicks, not to mention stuffing takedowns.

Simple fact is Nick had to adjust, he didn't, and he lost. He was sussed out, because his opponent didn't just 'stand and trade' and actually had a gameplan, unlike many of Diaz' past opponents. Condit fought the perfect fight.

I really didn't think it was that close, but then again I was fucking knackered last night so I'll have to watch it again Laughing

On another note, if this is to be Nick's last MMA fight, good fucking riddance. His attitude in defeat last night was pathetic

I think that a very good point has been made here, both the Mongoloid brothers, have a knack of 'getting inside' other fighters heads, and dragging them into a brawl, that clearly didn't happen last night.

I certainly could see, how some scored the fight to Condit. Fightmetric showed - Head shot - Diaz 8 from 46 (Power), Condit 12 from 73, Jab - 54/136 Diaz, 43/123 Condit. Body (Power) - 22/33 Diaz, 14/19 Condit, Jab - 27/33 Diaz and 22/27 Condit. Legs Power - 3/7 Diaz and 18/22 Condit, Jabs- 3/3 Diaz and 50/65 Condit. Wilst this shows that Condit through (and connected) with a lot of his leg shots, overall head and body (both volume and accuracy) Diaz edged it......
    http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/condit-vs-diaz-official-ufc-statistics.html

I think that most of the rounds were very close and could have been scored either way, with the last 2 being a bit more clear cut, than the previous three. Would be disappointed if Diaz decided to quit after last night, UFC could even have time for a rematch, if GSP isn't going to be ready until late November?

Really Payne? You see it being that clear cut? The vast majority of Condis strikes in the first three rounds, were leg kicks. Effective striking - I would give to Diaz (in the first three), Octagon control - Diaz again as he was pushing the pace and dictating where the action took place, Grappling - There was't a huge amount fullstop, and the only takedown (or attempts) happened in the last two rounds and Aggression - Had to be Diaz (again in the first 3).

And yeah, my earlier post, should have read 48/47.....OOPS Embarassed
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:16 pm

nelson of late has showed a incredible chin

werdum stricking answered a few questions i saw a debate on here the other day yabout who is the better stricker mir or werdum i rekon that is nextl
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:30 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

I loved the new intro, anything was better than gladiator.

Agreed!!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm not from the cecil peoples school of judging,I score leg kicks aswell as punches,this is MMA,not boxing.
    Knees'elbows,kicks and punches score in this sport.
    so when it comes to overall strikes landed,Condit beat him in four out of the five rounds.
    grappling doesn't really come into play because when nick did attempt,condit easily shrugged them off,apart from the one in the last 30 seconds of the fight.

Condit didn't throw as many punches because that plays into diaz's game,he wasn't going to out box diaz,so why let diaz find a rythem and get into a boxing match with him.
    condit mixed his strikes up to win this fight,while diaz didn't,Condit put him out of his game,frustrated Diaz and took advantage of a one dimensional boxing style.

We just watched his brother,who has a very similar style,destroy cerrone with punches but struggle with his kicks,condit's from the same camp,so they learned from that and worked out an effective game plan to get the W.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:40 pm

2brutal wrote:nelson of late has showed a incredible chin

werdum stricking answered a few questions i saw a debate on here the other day yabout who is the better stricker mir or werdum i rekon that is nextl

have to say after werdums performance and massive improvement in his striking game,I think it may have been enough to change my initail opinion on this fight.

I originally said mir's power would be the differance,but after watching Werdum land those combo's of strikes on Roy,I believe if mir was on the recieving end of them,he wouldn't of made it out of the round.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Werdum comes to fight and the Natural Born Killer runs for his life, what is going on?! lol
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:10 pm

I scored it a draw. Was never a 49-46, laughable to suggest it was. 48-47 was ok either way but Diaz landed the better shots, applied all the pressure, was more aggressive, controlled the cage position and got a takedown and full back mount. Condit landed a lot of kicks and did a lot of running.

Leg kicks do not score the same as a punch in the mouth. Simple as.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:55 pm

The fight was a colossal let down for me Condit basically won via the old Jackson way of point scoring, Diaz who was pushing forward and was the obvious aggressor was so disappointing yes Condit was constantly back peddling, running whatever you want to call It but he didn't show any urgency with his pressure. Last time I felt this let down by a main event was probably Timmeh & Arlovski 3.

Undercard was so so for me Werdum looked good Barao looked good Kos had a hard fight as I expected and Herman was too much for the green Sparkes. Prelims were decent enjoyed the Thompson KO, Poirier's sub was nice, Natal gutted out a good win and the Barbosa vs Caceras fight was fun.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:45 pm

I thought Pierce was unlucky to lose that fight. Koscheck looked bad and he didnt look all that great in the Hughes fight until the finish. I hear he has left AKA, i think he will regret this decision later on.

Barao is a beast but i do wonder how his cardio will hold up in a 25 minute fight with Cruz. I dont think anyone can last the pace with Cruz. Barao looked really slow in 3rd round and Jorgenson did much better than previous rounds in the fight.

Werdum should rematch Bigfoot next or fight Carwin. Mir looks like is getting Cain next. HW is going to be a cluster fuck when SDR/Bigfoot/Carwin/Cain/Nog return and GP winner joins.

Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:56 pm

It's shit because the awful nu-metal is still there.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Condit thinks he won the first four rounds and lost the fifth.

At least I know I can now go on holiday for the whole month of November and not miss a big fight.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:08 pm

This was TJ Dilashaw's reaction to the Condit VS Diaz result, I think we have found something with a stronger chin than Big Country.

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:11 pm

thoughts on condit v diaz - Page 2 X2_aca10

ouch!
    SirSquatAlot
    SirSquatAlot
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  SirSquatAlot Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 am

I wonder if Kos leaving AKA means we might get Kos vs Fitch?.. Not that it's an exciting prospect but should make for a good build up.

On the Carlos front, I've no problem with his tactics. He said himself in the post fight press conference that if he were to fight Diaz's fight he would have probably lost. If Diaz spent more time throwing punches and not posing and trying to talk smack he might have won.

Not a fan of fight plans that don't involve fighting but there was a belt on the line, he won it and with his recent record of K.Os I hope he gets back to his old ways in the next fight.

Can't see him sitting out till November either, otherwise there is no point in the interm belt, if his next fight is GSP then he's just a glorified number 1 contender.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:14 am