THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
2brutal
manschesthair_utd
The_Axe_Emperor
redmeanie77
pinsman
Once Mohawked Pete
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
Cowboys From Hell
Sheldan
14 posters

Condit steps aside, GSP VS Diaz on Super Bowl Weekend.

mattn1977
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Condit steps aside, GSP VS Diaz on Super Bowl Weekend. - Page 2 Empty Re: Condit steps aside, GSP VS Diaz on Super Bowl Weekend.

Post  mattn1977 Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:16 pm

That's true he's improved all aspects of his game significantly, but I think he'll have to submit GSP to get a win. He's gonna get taken down and held down. It's possible but not probable in my mind.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Condit steps aside, GSP VS Diaz on Super Bowl Weekend. - Page 2 Empty Re: Condit steps aside, GSP VS Diaz on Super Bowl Weekend.

Post  p4pnumber_1 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Wasn't too sure where to post this, but did anyone see BJ Penn's rant on twitter? I think he's probably been hacked or something, but just in case :

@nickdiaz209 Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser!
    I'll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:15 am

I think someone needs to ask BJ to pee in a cup. He must be on something. Diaz battered him!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:15 am

Thats pathetic if it is BJ, he makes Nog look like a humble looser! Laughing

Nick beat him badly and soundly outboxed him all night. Also complaining about the size is a laugh! BJ is clearly a Lw so if he wants to fight Ww's because he cant be arsed with the weight cut he shouldnt make an issue of the size.

If he comes out of retirement he could take the Lw title again if he is motivated.

I reckon either make the cut and get back in shape at 155 or stay retired. He wont ever cut it was a top Ww IMO.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:37 pm

According to BJPenn.com it was him that made the tweet.

Nick is done with BJ and BJ should be done as a WW. He's too small and there's no point in Nick fighting him again because it'll be the same result.

How about BJ vs Nate at 155?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:According to BJPenn.com it was him that made the tweet.

Nick is done with BJ and BJ should be done as a WW. He's too small and there's no point in Nick fighting him again because it'll be the same result.

That is a mouthwatering matchup. I love that Idea. Nate is a fringe contender right now, a win away from looking like a title contender.

How you see that one playing out?

Nate has a lot less power than Nick but he is very good (probabally better than Nick) at shots down the pipe, he seems to be very good with his straight 1-2's in positions Nick would use a long pawing hook.

I dont think it would be quite the sligfest Nick vs BJ was but if it stayed standing I reckon Nate can outbox anyone at 155, Edgar included. BJ would have to wrestle him to win and after all that smack talk to Nick I couldnt see it.

Man I really want this fight now. That or send BJ to SF to keep Gil busy.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:33 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:

That is a mouthwatering matchup. I love that Idea. Nate is a fringe contender right now, a win away from looking like a title contender.

Nate has a lot less power than Nick but he is very good (probabally better than Nick) at shots down the pipe, he seems to be very good with his straight 1-2's in positions Nick would use a long pawing hook.

I dont think it would be quite the sligfest Nick vs BJ was but if it stayed standing I reckon Nate can outbox anyone at 155, Edgar included. BJ would have to wrestle him to win and after all that smack talk to Nick I couldnt see it.

Completely agree with this. Would love to see this match up, though i don't know if i'd be as confident in Nate than I was in Nick. However, I think Nate could outbox BJ fairly easily.

I've definately lost a lot of respect for BJ after that tweet. What I don't understand is why wait until now to start? Why not straight after the fight? Very strange, especially after Nick completely destroyed him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Heres Cesar Gracies reply

BJ Penn has apparently not come to terms with the beating he received at the hands of Nick Diaz. At some point it is up to those around you to protect you from yourself. To take you aside and let you know you are wrong and help save you from your folly. Unfortunately for Penn he is surrounded by 'Yes Men' that are unwilling to do that. The outcome will be predictable, resulting in a fighter that will never push himself to the fullest and will always have excuses for his losses.

Laughing

When Cesar Gracies camp are coming across like the level headed good guys alarm bells should be ringing that your an asshole.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:40 pm

What a dick!

I would love to see BJ v Nate at 155 though. Not sure whether BJ has the appetite for another shot at 155 though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:11 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:

Nate has less power than Nick but he's a lot more accurate and throws just as much. Nate would beat BJ at this point IMO.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:14 am

That's a fight i'd love to see too. I'd also back Nate to outbox BJ, he's been incredible recently.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:12 am