THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+14
redmeanie77
superman_punch
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
2brutal
p4pnumber_1
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Cowboys From Hell
Mryzyz
Once Mohawked Pete
payneNglory1
thebadgersbits
The_Axe_Emperor
Sheldan
18 posters

UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!!

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!!

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:21 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:
    Rashad

After my last fight against Tito Ortiz, I dislocated my right thumb, which required it to be set back in place and held with pins," Evans said in a statement today released by his management. "Twenty-four hours ago, my physician removed the pins. At that time, I learned that it would require another three weeks of rehabilitation before engaging in any exercise or training that would require the use of my hand.

"Dana White and I spoke earlier today, and I fully understand his decision to put Machida against Jones for the title at UFC 140. Given the rehabilitation time I require for my dislocated thumb, I would not be 100 percent ready by Dec. 10. The UFC has to keep making fights that entertain the fans. I would have done the same thing as Dana in his position. I'm asking for the fans to support me as I rehabilitate my hand, and I promise I will be back fighting very quickly."

Clearly ducking Jones.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Cracking fight, I dont think Machida can do it, I think counterpunching a guy Jones size isnt going to work. Although saying that Macida is one of the few guys who are noticabally quicker than Jones so it he throws in numbers on the front foot and gets out again this will be really interesting.

Bones UD but I can see Machida taking a round or 2.

This will at last test Jones Standup. Rampage might as well have tried to counterpunch him he was so unagressive and Shoguns heart wasnt in it from the 1st punch.

One thing is for sure even if Machida does try to counterpunch at it at least Bones is playing him at his game, My prediction is to see Bones rocked or in trouble for the 1st time. I dont see him dominating this unless his Size is too much and he is able to Rag Doll Machida and keep him there.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:09 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Cracking fight, I dont think Machida can do it, I think counterpunching a guy Jones size isnt going to work. Although saying that Macida is one of the few guys who are noticabally quicker than Jones so it he throws in numbers on the front foot and gets out again this will be really interesting.

Bones UD but I can see Machida taking a round or 2.

This will at last test Jones Standup. Rampage might as well have tried to counterpunch him he was so unagressive and Shoguns heart wasnt in it from the 1st punch.

One thing is for sure even if Machida does try to counterpunch at it at least Bones is playing him at his game, My prediction is to see Bones rocked or in trouble for the 1st time. I dont see him dominating this unless his Size is too much and he is able to Rag Doll Machida and keep him there.

Jones has never seen anyone come at him from angles, Machida will do that. Machida's much stronger than he's given credit for and also possess great Judo and Sumo, which Bones has also never seen. And he's got a very good ground game, which again, Bones has never seen.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:10 am

Is anyone else thinking Jones will win this one just like he has anyone who he's faced before. I can see the dangers but really when did Lyoto ever go out and put someone away, he has to do that convincingly against Jones and at some point Jones is gonna have his way with him. I know machida rampage was contentious but jones walked through rampage like he wasn't there. What makes people think Lyoto is gonna challenge jones?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:25 am

MMAFighting.com spoke to Jones after the news broke about why he is fighting Machida instead of Evans and his thoughts on the new opponent.

Ariel Helwani: How did this fight come about?
    Jon Jones: The way the fight came about was Dana called me into his office just a few days ago, and he asked me to fight Rashad Evans at UFC 140. Without hesitation, I said 'absolutely'. There's nothing I want to do more than to get past this Rashad Evans chapter in my career, because it's been a nuisance. He's been the antagonist in my career. So, I'm predicting that maybe Rashad thought that I would turn the fight down, knowing that I just got done finishing my title fight. I'm sure he thought that I would say no to him, and I'm sure he would have went with the approach of, 'Oh well, Jon Jones is ducking me again; he turns down the fight in nine weeks.' To his surprise, I took the fight, and after I took the fight, he decides that his hand isn't ready, and he's going to need more time. So, with me already agreeing with Dana that I would take a fight at UFC 140, Dana called me back and said, 'Hey, listen, Rashad decided that he can't compete at UFC 140, what would think about fighting Lyoto Machida?' And I said 'absolutely'. My feet were swollen after my fight, but they are healed now, and I want to fight. My health is good, I'm a young guy, and I want to fight. So I took the fight against Lyoto in nine weeks from now. This is four fights in 10 months against three former champions in the same year. I don't think that's ever been done.

Did you tell the UFC that since Evans wasn't ready to fight in December that you would rather wait a month or two to fight him so you can finally put this beef behind you?
    Well, Dana White basically needed someone to save 140. I didn't necessarily want to fight at 140, but because it was Rashad, I said, 'You know what? I would take the fight in nine weeks.' I'm already in shape. I already know what I want to do. Rashad, predicting that I would say no, he kind of kicked himself in the butt because I said yes, he turns around and says, 'Oh, I didn't expect Jon to say yes. I don't want to fight him that soon.' So in reality, he's kind of the one who's ducking the fight. I feel like he's ducking the fight.

So you think he was trying to force your hand so you would look bad in the fans' eyes, but you then forced his hand?
    Exactly. 100 percent that's what I'm trying to get at. He's tried to call me out on nine weeks' notice. Obviously, who wants to fight on nine weeks' notice? I just got a new car, I want to drive that around. I want to hang out with my family and relax and sleep in my own bed for once. And now Rashad calls me out, predicting that I would say no, to make me look like I was ducking him again, and I say yes, and now he says, Oh, I didn't know he would say yes. I don't want to fight him. He called Dana White, asked for 140, Dana White called me and said Rashad wants this fight. I gave him the fight he wanted and then he pulled out.

Is a part of you disappointed that this rivalry will now drag on even longer?
    Obviously all my energy is on Lyoto Machida now. Rashad is just a small part of my being right now. I don't really think about Rashad that much. But it annoys me. The reason why I took the fight on nine weeks' notice is because I wanted it to be over. Like I said, Rashad is the biggest antagonist of my career. He's the biggest hater. He has so much envy. I don't write him, he writes me. He harasses me pretty much. He is so envious and so jealous and it's so obvious, he doesn't even try to hide it. And after I beat him, he's going to hate me even more. So, pretty much the only reason I took the fight is because I thought I was fighting Rashad, and now that I'm fighting Lyoto. Obviously, I'll get up for Lyoto because Lyoto is a worthy and awesome opponent - way better than Rashad Evans, I think. So to anyone who thinks I would duck Rashad by not waiting, let them know that there's nothing more than I would want to do than fight Rashad Evans. Dana asked me to fight at UFC 140, so I am doing this for the UFC.

Do you think Rashad should have to fight someone else now before fighting you?
    Yeah. Obviously, I want to fight him. But how long are you going to get to wait and sit around? You go from not fighting for a whole year, and then you get a fight like Tito Oritz, which everybody knows where Tito is at in his career, and now he just gets to sit around and be the No. 1 contender again? It looks like he's the one that's sitting on his glory and riding his glory. There's tons of guys out there. I think when he gets better, he should have to fight Phil Davis or Dan Henderson. How does he get the right to just sit around and say who he is going to fight and when he is going to fight and continue to be the No. 1 contender while everybody else fights all year long?

What do you think about fighting Machida?
    I feel great about the fight. Lyoto, I respect him dearly. He's an awesome, awesome guy. I love the way that he carries himself outside of the Octagon. He has a little bit more of that warrior spirit, something that I believe I have, as well. I'm excited to fight somebody with honor. Somebody who respects this sport. You know, fighting a guy like 'Rampage,' all the talk and making our sport look bad. Fighting a guy like Rashad, all the talking, you know, it's not WWF, it's the UFC. Lyoto understands that. So I'm excited to not have to be forced to talk so much. Not be forced to degrade my opponent verbally, but to compete against him the way it's supposed to be.

I think Lyoto Machida is a tougher fight for me than Rashad Evans. I'm fighting the guy who knocked out Rashad Evans. Lyoto is a a completely different test for me. He's the first southpaw that I've ever fought. Rashad sat out a whole year and waited for Shogun. I'm not taking off a year. I think Rashad is the one that needs to be questioned. His credibility needs to be questioned. He said he had a knee injury, now it's a thumb injury. What's it going to be next? He's going to have a toe injury? I'm not the one who took off a whole year to wait for a fight. I'm fighting in between fights. I'm looking to fight as much as possible.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 am

I dont think its Ducking Rashad either, Jones is good to go and should get another fight fair play to him, Machida beat Evans, Rampage and Couture in his last few fights and is a LOT more credible a challenger than Rampage.

Im actually a lot more excited for this fight than I am for the Evans fight, Anfield talking about Machida coming from Angles is really interesting especially because he is Southpaw as well.

When we were in the Machida era everyone talked about how hard his style is to train for and that makes this fight more interesting because Machida and Jones are the two fighters that are hardest to get a sparring partner to copy.

Still backing Jones to UD him because I reckon Machida could make 185 and Bones will be a heavy by the time he is Machidas age.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 am

4 fights in 10 months against 3 former champions. He wins this one then surely fighter of the year beckons.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Cant see how Macheata wins this fight. Infact this is going to be quite a dull fight with Jones pressing Machida up against cage working strikes and elbows from clinch and getting takedowns. Bones UD or late stoppage as someone mentioned.

Nice to see Hashad's plan backfire on his face. Calling Bones out for UFC 140 and then pulling out.

After this fight all that will be left is Evans, who will undoubtedley wait again until he gets a title shot. Then we can start to see some new guys getting shots at top. Davis, Gustaffson hopefully.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:06 pm

superman_punch wrote:4 fights in 10 months against 3 former champions. He wins this one then surely fighter of the year beckons.

Probably not the MMA media has to vote for Anderson or there credentials get stopped. Smile
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:22 pm

If Anderson had beaten Shogun and Rampage in same way Bones did, it would be highlight of his career and his best 2 wins.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:06 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

If Anderson had beaten Shogun and Rampage in same way Bones did, it would be highlight of his career and his best 2 wins.

No. It wouldn't. Beating an injured Shogun in nothing like fighting shape and an over the hill Ramplod isn't nearly as impressive as Dana White and Joe Rogan have made you think it is.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:08 pm

superman_punch wrote:Is anyone else thinking Jones will win this one just like he has anyone who he's faced before. I can see the dangers but really when did Lyoto ever go out and put someone away, he has to do that convincingly against Jones and at some point Jones is gonna have his way with him. I know machida rampage was contentious but jones walked through rampage like he wasn't there. What makes people think Lyoto is gonna challenge jones?

Because he's FAR better than anyone Jones has faced and far more skilled than Jones.

Who and who has he gone out and put away? Couple of guys named Thiago Silva and Rashad Evans. Perhaps you've heard of them?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:12 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:I dont think its Ducking Rashad either, Jones is good to go and should get another fight fair play to him, Machida beat Evans, Rampage and Couture in his last few fights and is a LOT more credible a challenger than Rampage.

Im actually a lot more excited for this fight than I am for the Evans fight, Anfield talking about Machida coming from Angles is really interesting especially because he is Southpaw as well.

When we were in the Machida era everyone talked about how hard his style is to train for and that makes this fight more interesting because Machida and Jones are the two fighters that are hardest to get a sparring partner to copy.

Still backing Jones to UD him because I reckon Machida could make 185 and Bones will be a heavy by the time he is Machidas age.

Bones has the most over-rated stand-up in the sport. It's full of holes and he telegraphs all of his kicks. Standing in front of him is playing right into his hands. Machida won't stand in front of him and could easily Frankie Edgar his way to a decision if he wants to.

Bones has ducked Rashad though. He's telling hilarious lies. He backed out of the first fight with an injury that needed surgery, then Rashad got another fight and all of a sudden he was fine and ready to fight.

Now he has an injury that requires 6 months out, or can be cleared after 45 days. Suddenly it's completely healed in 10 days once it becomes known that Rashad can't make 140?? He's a coward.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    MMAFighting.com spoke to Jones after the news broke about why he is fighting Machida instead of Evans and his thoughts on the new opponent.

Ariel Helwani: How did this fight come about?
    Jon Jones: The way the fight came about was Dana called me into his office just a few days ago, and he asked me to fight Rashad Evans at UFC 140. Without hesitation, I said 'absolutely'. There's nothing I want to do more than to get past this Rashad Evans chapter in my career, because it's been a nuisance. He's been the antagonist in my career. So, I'm predicting that maybe Rashad thought that I would turn the fight down, knowing that I just got done finishing my title fight. I'm sure he thought that I would say no to him, and I'm sure he would have went with the approach of, 'Oh well, Jon Jones is ducking me again; he turns down the fight in nine weeks.' To his surprise, I took the fight, and after I took the fight, he decides that his hand isn't ready, and he's going to need more time. So, with me already agreeing with Dana that I would take a fight at UFC 140, Dana called me back and said, 'Hey, listen, Rashad decided that he can't compete at UFC 140, what would think about fighting Lyoto Machida?' And I said 'absolutely'. My feet were swollen after my fight, but they are healed now, and I want to fight. My health is good, I'm a young guy, and I want to fight. So I took the fight against Lyoto in nine weeks from now. This is four fights in 10 months against three former champions in the same year. I don't think that's ever been done.

Did you tell the UFC that since Evans wasn't ready to fight in December that you would rather wait a month or two to fight him so you can finally put this beef behind you?
    Well, Dana White basically needed someone to save 140. I didn't necessarily want to fight at 140, but because it was Rashad, I said, 'You know what? I would take the fight in nine weeks.' I'm already in shape. I already know what I want to do. Rashad, predicting that I would say no, he kind of kicked himself in the butt because I said yes, he turns around and says, 'Oh, I didn't expect Jon to say yes. I don't want to fight him that soon.' So in reality, he's kind of the one who's ducking the fight. I feel like he's ducking the fight.

So you think he was trying to force your hand so you would look bad in the fans' eyes, but you then forced his hand?
    Exactly. 100 percent that's what I'm trying to get at. He's tried to call me out on nine weeks' notice. Obviously, who wants to fight on nine weeks' notice? I just got a new car, I want to drive that around. I want to hang out with my family and relax and sleep in my own bed for once. And now Rashad calls me out, predicting that I would say no, to make me look like I was ducking him again, and I say yes, and now he says, Oh, I didn't know he would say yes. I don't want to fight him. He called Dana White, asked for 140, Dana White called me and said Rashad wants this fight. I gave him the fight he wanted and then he pulled out.

Is a part of you disappointed that this rivalry will now drag on even longer?
    Obviously all my energy is on Lyoto Machida now. Rashad is just a small part of my being right now. I don't really think about Rashad that much. But it annoys me. The reason why I took the fight on nine weeks' notice is because I wanted it to be over. Like I said, Rashad is the biggest antagonist of my career. He's the biggest hater. He has so much envy. I don't write him, he writes me. He harasses me pretty much. He is so envious and so jealous and it's so obvious, he doesn't even try to hide it. And after I beat him, he's going to hate me even more. So, pretty much the only reason I took the fight is because I thought I was fighting Rashad, and now that I'm fighting Lyoto. Obviously, I'll get up for Lyoto because Lyoto is a worthy and awesome opponent - way better than Rashad Evans, I think. So to anyone who thinks I would duck Rashad by not waiting, let them know that there's nothing more than I would want to do than fight Rashad Evans. Dana asked me to fight at UFC 140, so I am doing this for the UFC.

Do you think Rashad should have to fight someone else now before fighting you?
    Yeah. Obviously, I want to fight him. But how long are you going to get to wait and sit around? You go from not fighting for a whole year, and then you get a fight like Tito Oritz, which everybody knows where Tito is at in his career, and now he just gets to sit around and be the No. 1 contender again? It looks like he's the one that's sitting on his glory and riding his glory. There's tons of guys out there. I think when he gets better, he should have to fight Phil Davis or Dan Henderson. How does he get the right to just sit around and say who he is going to fight and when he is going to fight and continue to be the No. 1 contender while everybody else fights all year long?

What do you think about fighting Machida?
    I feel great about the fight. Lyoto, I respect him dearly. He's an awesome, awesome guy. I love the way that he carries himself outside of the Octagon. He has a little bit more of that warrior spirit, something that I believe I have, as well. I'm excited to fight somebody with honor. Somebody who respects this sport. You know, fighting a guy like 'Rampage,' all the talk and making our sport look bad. Fighting a guy like Rashad, all the talking, you know, it's not WWF, it's the UFC. Lyoto understands that. So I'm excited to not have to be forced to talk so much. Not be forced to degrade my opponent verbally, but to compete against him the way it's supposed to be.

I think Lyoto Machida is a tougher fight for me than Rashad Evans. I'm fighting the guy who knocked out Rashad Evans. Lyoto is a a completely different test for me. He's the first southpaw that I've ever fought. Rashad sat out a whole year and waited for Shogun. I'm not taking off a year. I think Rashad is the one that needs to be questioned. His credibility needs to be questioned. He said he had a knee injury, now it's a thumb injury. What's it going to be next? He's going to have a toe injury? I'm not the one who took off a whole year to wait for a fight. I'm fighting in between fights. I'm looking to fight as much as possible.

If you take a deep breath while reading that you can smell the bullshit spewing from his mouth. He's a coward and a liar, as well as a dickhead.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:15 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

Cant see how Macheata wins this fight. Infact this is going to be quite a dull fight with Jones pressing Machida up against cage working strikes and elbows from clinch and getting takedowns. Bones UD or late stoppage as someone mentioned.

Nice to see Hashad's plan backfire on his face. Calling Bones out for UFC 140 and then pulling out.

After this fight all that will be left is Evans, who will undoubtedley wait again until he gets a title shot. Then we can start to see some new guys getting shots at top. Davis, Gustaffson hopefully.

Bones would have to catch Machida before he can use his wall and stall tactics.

Nice to see you revising history. Well done.

Gustaffson?? Let's see him beating ANYBODY before calling for title shots.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:18 pm

I have a feeling that we will be seeing Rashad fight Davis for his next fight
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Anfield who do you like more Jones or Edgar? Do you give any of them any credit? And yes I have heard of thiago silva and rashad and I saw what machida did to them. I appreciate his skill and rank him top 3/4 in UFC. but I also saw him fluke his way past Shogun and then get hammered in the rematch that he didn't deserve. If that guy shows up against Jones it's goodnight.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:48 pm

CLEARED OUT THE DIVISION... (sorry im late)!!!!!!!]

all im saying is DAN FUCKING HENDERSON!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Is that the same Dan Henderson who at LHW lost to Rampage and squeaked a split decision against Franklin?

Two strikeforce wins against a poor Babalu and Feijao,don't IMO reinstate him as a Title contender in the UFC.

I love Dan,but I'm not getting carried away with his recent results,I can't see him getting past shogun to be honest and I really don't think he will be having any say in the UFC LHW title picture.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Fluke his way past Shogun Very Happy

This should reopen an old can of worms

Anfield is convinced that Machida won that first fight.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Mate Dan Henderson just beat the man that every man and his dog bums on this forum including me! He is in the form of his life! He'd smash through Rampage now, he fought rampage at a time when jackson was on fire coming off a knock out win against Liddel WHO had dominated the LHW division for fecking years! Jackson of 5 or 6 years ago would have been twice the fighter that fought Bones the other week!

Dan Henderson is still the agressive little bastard that he was years ago and will take a fight to anyone! I see him breaking bones' jaw!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:00 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Is that the same Dan Henderson who at LHW lost to Rampage and squeaked a split decision against Franklin?

Two strikeforce wins against a poor Babalu and Feijao,don't IMO reinstate him as a Title contender in the UFC.

I love Dan,but I'm not getting carried away with his recent results,I can't see him getting past shogun to be honest and I really don't think he will be having any say in the UFC LHW title picture.

Yeah lost to Rampage when he was top Lhw in the world? Ramapge was still fighting like Rampage then because he wasnt training by jogging about liverpool in trackies, he could actually wrestle and was comple top dog and Hendo did ok, won a round or 2 and lasted the distance.

I dont expect Hendo is the man to beat Jones, Wrestling wise he will get tossed about because of the Size difference but to not see Hendo as a threat is madness. Babalu went 6-1 and coming off a win over Lawler... top 15ish

So Hendo has gone 6-1 in his last 7

Beat
    Top 10 Hw - That was Fedor!
    Top 10 Lhw
    Top 15 Lhw
    Top 15 Mw
    Top 10 Lhw
    Top 15 Mw

Any UFC Fighter that made a run like that would be talked about as a threat to Jones, especially one who showed such KO power and Chin. The least you would think is that he has a good chance to see what Jones chin is like because against Hendos front footed looping hayemakers most people drop.

I think he may not be the man to beat him, right now you cant put anyone as a favorite against him but champs are tested by putting fighers who will offer something different against him and I dont think he has faced a Dan Henderson yet.

Out of interest I know you think Shogun will beat Hendo but do you think Machida would?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:03 pm

pinsman wrote:Mate Dan Henderson just beat the man that every man and his dog bums on this forum including me! He is in the form of his life! He'd smash through Rampage now, he fought rampage at a time when jackson was on fire coming off a knock out win against Liddel WHO had dominated the LHW division for fecking years! Jackson of 5 or 6 years ago would have been twice the fighter that fought Bones the other week!

Dan Henderson is still the agressive little bastard that he was years ago and will take a fight to anyone! I see him breaking bones' jaw!

Haha great minds and all mate! Laughing

Hendo is the guy id most like to see beat him now. You backing him to beat Shogun.

Hendo and Overeem and Diaz are all going for number 1 contenders fights, I really hope they become the champs in their respective devisions would make me a happy man.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 pm

pinsman wrote:Mate Dan Henderson just beat the man that every man and his dog bums on this forum including me! He is in the form of his life! He'd smash through Rampage now, he fought rampage at a time when jackson was on fire coming off a knock out win against Liddel WHO had dominated the LHW division for fecking years! Jackson of 5 or 6 years ago would have been twice the fighter that fought Bones the other week!

I certainly don't bum Fedor, and I think Henderson's win over him is making some assume Hendo is the second coming all of a sudden. Remember this is the same Fedor that was pushed all the way by the mighty Brett Rogers, and was just destroyed by the same Big Foot Silva that just got dominated by Daniel Cormier. I'd back Jones with all my money against Henderson, I see it going the same way as the Rampage fight, Jones keeping the distance, using his leg kicks, wearing down Henderson (which won't take very long as he is 41) and then getting the stoppage.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    redmeanie77 wrote:

Bones would have to catch Machida before he can use his wall and stall tactics.

Nice to see you revising history. Well done.

Gustaffson?? Let's see him beating ANYBODY before calling for title shots.

The same Machida who got controlled against the cage by Rampage and Shogun?? The same Machida who ate a punch or a quick elbow after every release from clintch against cage at UFC 104?? Just wait till UFC 140 spining elbows all night. The same Machida who got taken down against cage by Rampage of all people?? How does one get taken down by Rampage these days??

Yes Gustaffson would give Jones interesting dilemma with his reach, also hits very hard. Davis is ofcourse best wrestler in the UFC division, i would like to see both guy face Bones after the same recycled top 5 fighter there get dominated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:58 pm