THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+14
redmeanie77
superman_punch
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
2brutal
p4pnumber_1
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Cowboys From Hell
Mryzyz
Once Mohawked Pete
payneNglory1
thebadgersbits
The_Axe_Emperor
Sheldan
18 posters

UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!!

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!! Empty UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!!

Post  Sheldan Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Dana just confirmed it on his Twitter! Holy shit!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!! Empty Re: UFC 140 - JONES VS MACHIDA !!!

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Great fight, best possible at LHW and by far Jones biggest test IMO.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Not yet bought into the jon jones hype , kinda convinced he is gonna be chinny .
    Not an easy fight for anyone going against machida and at some point jones is gonna get tagged and when he does i personally think its gonna come crashing down . Maybe machida may be the one to stop the gravy train heres me hoping so !!!!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Jones was chinny, he's a clever fighter and 'fights tall', just look at the differences between him and Struve Smile

Don't think he's chinny anyway, Rampage landed one or two shots and Bones didn't even flinch.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:36 pm

This is a harder fight than the Rashad fight IMO

It was Rashad's spot,but he hasn't recovered from his hand injury he got against Tito to take it.

4 fights,3 title fights in a year,against Bader,Shogun,Rampage and now Machida and people try and claim bones hasn't earned any respect as a champ,what other champ has (if he beats Machida)basically cleaned up a division in a year.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:44 pm

I wonder how many times Rashad has to confront a fighter in the cage before he gets a title shot.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 pm

WTF? Is Evans injured or what? I know that there had been sightings of him sporting a cast on his hand, but if he's not, this has become a joke.

Evans, regardless of how anyone views him, has to have earned his chance. First Rampage 'jumps the queue' and now Machida (although you could argue that Machida should have had his chance before now in anycase).

Sorry to say it, but, I see this as a fairly dull fight. Neither will be in any rush to engage, Machida wanting to counter, and Jones wanting to rely on his reach. I'll be wanting Machida to win this, but I fear a decision loss. Surely cleaning up a division has to cover more than three victories against top 10 opponents? Our own rankings have his opponents at Nos 3, 5 and 6.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Big grin, on my face, right now.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:WTF? Is Evans injured or what? I know that there had been sightings of him sporting a cast on his hand, but if he's not, this has become a joke.

Evans, regardless of how anyone views him, has to have earned his chance. First Rampage 'jumps the queue' and now Machida (although you could argue that Machida should have had his chance before now in anycase).

Sorry to say it, but, I see this as a fairly dull fight. Neither will be in any rush to engage, Machida wanting to counter, and Jones wanting to rely on his reach. I'll be wanting Machida to win this, but I fear a decision loss. Surely cleaning up a division has to cover more than three victories against top 10 opponents? Our own rankings have his opponents at Nos 3, 5 and 6.

Evans won't be ready in time, he got the pins out of his thumb yesterday but he was told he can't begin training again for another 3 weeks, personally I think UFC should have just made Mir VS Nog the main event and have Jones VS Evans on the first 2012 card, bit harsh for Evans to be denied his chance again, just because UFC wanted to rush Jones back. I hope they don't make Evans take another fight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Before hendo beat Fedor at HW and before rashad beat tito,I'm pretty sure Shogun,machida and rampage were the top 3,if Shogun beats Hendo then that's him out of the title picture for a few more wins,that just leaves Rashad,who I think is behind Shogun and Machida anyways.

He hasn't cleaned the division up,but with a win over machida he'll have knocked a hell of a chunk out of it in a year.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:03 pm

sheldan wrote: Evans won't be ready in time, he got the pins out of his thumb yesterday but he was told he can't begin training again for another 3 weeks, personally I think UFC should have just made Mir VS Nog the main event and have Jones VS Evans on the first 2012 card, bit harsh for Evans to be denied his chance again, just because UFC wanted to rush Jones back. I hope they don't make Evans take another fight.

Weren't people who bought tickets for 140 before the F0X deal expecting to see Cain v JDS?

I hardly think Mir v Nog is fair recompense.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:06 pm

UFC 140 tickets don't go on sale until next week, it was UFC 139 that JDS VS Cain was meant to take place at, that has Shogun VS Hendo instead.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Oh.

Fuck Evans anyway. He hasn't done anymore to earn a title shot than Machida. The only difference is that he's injured and Machida isn't.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Interesting news this could really throw a spanner in the works for Jones one thing we have not seen out of Jones is how he reacts to frustration Machida will certainly do that in this fight mentally I feel this fight could play in to Machida's hands.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:20 pm

I'm going for a Jones UD, I think we'll see Jones use a gameplan that Shogun used in the first fight, keep the distance, use leg kicks etc. Although I went for a UD in the Rampage fight, so who knows, Jones might stop Machida late on if those kicks have been effective and wore Machida down.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:34 pm

HOLY SHEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!

Where the hell did this come from????? Have we established if Jones was injured or not or was this talk of the fight being off because of Rashards injury?????

I really can't decide on this, i'd love Machida to beat Bones but I can't see it other than a sneaky little trip I don't think Machida can get him down.Surely Jones reach is to much for Machida to get in and out without getting tagged.

Seagal will be working over time trying to come up with some crazy kick or punch for this fight!!!!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:40 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:This is a harder fight than the Rashad fight IMO

It was Rashad's spot,but he hasn't recovered from his hand injury he got against Tito to take it.

4 fights,3 title fights in a year,against Bader,Shogun,Rampage and now Machida and people try and claim bones hasn't earned any respect as a champ,what other champ has (if he beats Machida)basically cleaned up a division in a year.

Agree with this Payne.

This is gonna be Jones' hardest fight at LHW by far imo.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 pm

fuck me you take a bath and come back to this

after rashad i see machida as his biggest threat

jones rd 4 or 5 for me but machida has power and elusivness so you never no

what a year for jones shame gsp anderson etc dont fight 3/4 times like bones fair play
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Wouldn't be the end of the world if Jones was chinny, he's a clever fighter and 'fights tall', just look at the differences between him and Struve Smile

Don't think he's chinny anyway, Rampage landed one or two shots and Bones didn't even flinch.

Rampage landed nothing of any real power though. All were lunging shots trying to over Jones's reach.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:59 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Before hendo beat Fedor at HW and before rashad beat tito,I'm pretty sure Shogun,machida and rampage were the top 3,if Shogun beats Hendo then that's him out of the title picture for a few more wins,that just leaves Rashad,who I think is behind Shogun and Machida anyways.

He hasn't cleaned the division up,but with a win over machida he'll have knocked a hell of a chunk out of it in a year.

Rashad was number 2.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:01 pm

So Jones is slated to fight Rashad and he gets "injured" walking from the cage to the dressing. Then it turns out that Rashad won't be ready and all of a sudden Jones is fit and well. He's a coward who's ducked Rashad twice now.

Unfortunately he's walked himself into a tougher fight.

Machida Era V2.0 begins at UFC 140.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Jones to beat Machida, then Jones and Evans will coach the first season of TUF on Fox, that's my guess.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 pm

dto sheldan good calli
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Have not seen the rampage / jones fight but from what i have read rampage landed next to nothing of note .
    Machida is a clever fighter could stop the jones gravy train this one
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Rashad

After my last fight against Tito Ortiz, I dislocated my right thumb, which required it to be set back in place and held with pins," Evans said in a statement today released by his management. "Twenty-four hours ago, my physician removed the pins. At that time, I learned that it would require another three weeks of rehabilitation before engaging in any exercise or training that would require the use of my hand.

"Dana White and I spoke earlier today, and I fully understand his decision to put Machida against Jones for the title at UFC 140. Given the rehabilitation time I require for my dislocated thumb, I would not be 100 percent ready by Dec. 10. The UFC has to keep making fights that entertain the fans. I would have done the same thing as Dana in his position. I'm asking for the fans to support me as I rehabilitate my hand, and I promise I will be back fighting very quickly."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:12 pm