THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
redmeanie77
The_Axe_Emperor
gre660wl
ChelseaQuinsfan
2brutal
Anfields5thKing
Mryzyz
Cowboys From Hell
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
Chimezero
Mannpagejackson
Sheldan
p4pnumber_1
rudeboyben84
19 posters

Poll: Who beats Bones?

Poll

Who beats Bones?

[ 1 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_lcap8%Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_lcap8%Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_lcap15%Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_lcap0%Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_lcap15%Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_lcap54%Poll: Who beats Bones? I_vote_rcap [54%] 

Total Votes: 13
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Poll: Who beats Bones? Empty Poll: Who beats Bones?

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Who you all calling?

I can honestly see Bones going undefeated till he moves at Hw. Thats where im putting my vote, When he was 1st in the UFC he said he was only cutting from 220 but a couple of years later Im sure he will fill out and move up.

I think it may be a little early because he is so green but Phil Davis is the only guy who strikes me as someone who wont get tossed about grappling wise (say what you want about Mo or anyones Wrestling credentials but size or physicality is something Bones has over nearly anyone) and Anderson is the only guy id be confident to outstrike him.

Bones vs Cain/Overeem/JDS their all fights id love to see in the next few years. Anyone know what sort of size he cuts from or you think he could still be 220ish?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Poll: Who beats Bones? Empty Re: Poll: Who beats Bones?

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:56 pm

There should be a remain undefeated button lol. If anyones gonna beat him it'll be a heavyweight like JDS or Cain imo. I don't see anyone at lhw beating him, if anything I would give Anderson the best chance at beating him at LHW but I think he's be too small.

I think Jones will dominate his division like Anderson n GSP for many years to come and then move to HW, where I think he'll become champ as well.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Matt Hamill beats Bones.
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Hard to say for sure because i think our issues with jones are still unanswered, has he got a chin, can he defend his back. We thought rampage would test these areas of his game, But he didnt. That is a double edged swird of an issue because now were thinking is there anyone good enough to hit the guy at all, let alone hit him sweet. And is it posible to get in close to take him down. Which immediately starts to make me question who in the lhw division could test. I mean style wise, probably only rashad and machida have different styles to those that he has already faced, but i dont think either have enough to hurt jones.

Which leads me to my vote of a heavyweight. Carwin has the power to destroy anyone. Mir is potentially dangerous from any position, brock is a physical monster, overoids has not been tested in ufc but we all rate his striking and cain is the complete package. I think brock - due to size. Overroids as he can match jones' striking and reach and cain because he has it all and anyone who can treat brock like a rag doll is gunna get my vote. But none of them are guaranteed against bones cos right now, he looksreally strong.
    Chimezero
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Chimezero Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:54 pm

a LHW I think he'll get a good test from from rashad, but jones reach advantage will ultimatley be to much. Dan Henderson has the chin and wrestling to get on the inside and cause some serious damage. If he gets through shogun in style(its who im leaning towards just now) then he'll be on a great run of form, and with his skills and experience enough to finish jones.

The thought of jones going up to heavyweight and fighting cain, jds, overeem, barnet and the likes is mouthwatering, out of the current top 10 hw's cain and jds would beat jones, as for the rest I think it could go either way

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:04 pm

I think Rashad is too small. I'd give small chances to Anderson and Machida, even less of a chance to Hendo and the rest virtually none, although anything is possible inside that cage as we are all aware.

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:10 pm

I think that Bones has the potential to go unbeaten @ LHW, but we've yet to see someone seriously test him in the stand up. It's been mentioned on here a few times, but he still crosses his feet at times, leaving him vulnerable to a top notch striker. I had hoped it was going to be Shogun, but, nobody knows which Shogun is going to turn up these days. I will probably have a bit of a flutter on Rashad (primarily cos I reckon the odds may well be too big), so I have gone for 'Another LHW', failing Rashad, I'd like to see what Machida could do, although I don't see him putting Bones under enough pressure. Too soon IMO for Davis, although he's got to be a future champion at LHW. Hendo could be the answer should Rashad fail.
    With regards to Anderson, he's got to have a decent chance, purely because of his striking ability.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:14 pm

CAIN VELASQUEZ!!!!! Just wait for Brutal to see this he's in love with the guy. A cardio wrecking machine I think would show Jones whos' the man. Don't think JBJ has the power to put Cain away with one strike and thats the only way at the minute i Could see anyone beating Cain, by chance!!!! Statement!!!!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:27 pm

I'll be honest If Evans chin can hold up I think he is the man to beat Jones.

The speed and tempo Rashad sets could be problematic for Jones No one for me at LHW has the tool set equal to Evans.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:32 pm

superman_punch wrote:CAIN VELASQUEZ!!!!! Just wait for Brutal to see this he's in love with the guy. A cardio wrecking machine I think would show Jones whos' the man. Don't think JBJ has the power to put Cain away with one strike and thats the only way at the minute i Could see anyone beating Cain, by chance!!!! Statement!!!!

I don't think that there can be any doubt that Cain would beat Jones with relative ease. I think that Cain's cardio is second to none, his stand up looks good enough to put Jones in serious difficulty and I don't think that Jones would have any chance of controlling Velasquez, I am aware that Jones would have to put on (and has certainly got the frame to put on) some serious weight, but I just cannot see him being able to trouble Cain...But surely that's some way off yet?
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Josh Barnett

Just one example.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:11 pm

As long as it's the real Shogun, and not the injured one he fought last time, then all of the above plus Rashad. Anyone with speed and movement will beat him so Shogun, Machida, and Rashad. Davis can school him with grappling and doesn't need to worry about getting KO'd going for a takedown. Same goes for Mo, plus Mo has much better boxing. Hendo beats him by being Hendo, and he wouldn't last a round with any top 5 HW. His stand up is poor, he has terrible footwork and he has no power. Incredibly over-rated fighter.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Chimezero wrote:a LHW I think he'll get a good test from from rashad, but jones reach advantage will ultimatley be to much. Dan Henderson has the chin and wrestling to get on the inside and cause some serious damage. If he gets through shogun in style(its who im leaning towards just now) then he'll be on a great run of form, and with his skills and experience enough to finish jones.

The thought of jones going up to heavyweight and fighting cain, jds, overeem, barnet and the likes is mouthwatering, out of the current top 10 hw's cain and jds would beat jones, as for the rest I think it could go either way

Reem and Barnett would destroy him!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:23 pm

superman called it cain will beat him in 3 years both unbeaten until then
    ben i hear he cuts from 225
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:12 am

2brutal wrote:superman called it cain will beat him in 3 years both unbeaten until then

None will be unbeaten, Jones has last to Hamill, Cain is losing to JDS.
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:21 am

Sheldan wrote:
    2brutal wrote:superman called it cain will beat him in 3 years both unbeaten until then

Only by dq mate, hardly counts as a victory. And cain isnt losing. It'll be a good fight that but i think cain will knock jds out.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:28 am

What I find hard to believe, is that with all of fighters we've seen at LHW, and the amount of times we've seen so called 'unbeatable' fighters lose in the division, there's only 3 of us, that think Jones will be beaten at LHW fullstop.

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:36 am

Mannpagejackson wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:

Only by dq mate, hardly counts as a victory. And cain isnt losing. It'll be a good fight that but i think cain will knock jds out.

In the record books, he has a loss, therefore he is not unbeaten, just like how Fedor wasn't unbeaten.

Cain is losing, he has been out for over a year so he'll be rusty, his advantage over JDS is wrestling and takedowns, something JDS has been training for nearly a year due to his proposed fights with Lesnar, subsequent fight with Carwin, and now this fight with Cain, and it has been shown that his chin is questionable when somebody lands on him. JDS has the power to put away Cain, and then when Cain shoots for a takedown, JDS has the size and strength to avoid it. Even if Cain does get him down, we're yet to see how talented JDS is on the ground, but if you believe rumours, then he's meant to be good. Who has Cain taken down that has good BJJ? Nobody. Cain's style of wrestling keeps him prone to submissions, much like Sonnen. Therefore I think this fight will stay standing, and in my opinion, JDS has better better stand up than Cain, he's hit a lot harder and it's a lot more crisp.

JDS wins by TKO in round 3.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:37 am

Oh and out of all the LHW's in the division, the two that have the best chance of beating Jones are Davis and Gustaffson.
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:38 am

I hope he does get beaten. Im actually not a massive fan of his. But dominant performers over very good fighters make you start doubting anyone against him, and i cant think of a name at lhw right now that steps into the cage and beats him. I dont think anyone thinks he's unbeatable but who is gunna Be the one to stop him, right now it looks a long way off for anyone.
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:53 am

Sheldan wrote:Oh and out of all the LHW's in the division, the two that have the best chance of beating Jones are Davis and Gustaffson.

Yeah, i like both guys. Davis particularly but they aint beating jones in next 18 months at least. Is cain rusty or fresh. In the life of a fighter, realistically 12 months aint that long. Chin is questionable when someone lands on him is very interesting cos all ive seen him do is dust off big shots from top heavyweights, guys with better strength and stand up than jds (arguably) and keep coming. And he "hits harder" well that is very debateable. Cain has 9 wins, 8 by stoppage only cheick kongo with his head like a giant boulder went the distance.

Cain and bones to win next fights by stoppage.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:27 am

Mannpagejackson wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:Oh and out of all the LHW's in the division, the two that have the best chance of beating Jones are Davis and Gustaffson.

Yeah, i like both guys. Davis particularly but they aint beating jones in next 18 months at least. Is cain rusty or fresh. In the life of a fighter, realistically 12 months aint that long. Chin is questionable when someone lands on him is very interesting cos all ive seen him do is dust off big shots from top heavyweights, guys with better strength and stand up than jds (arguably) and keep coming. And he "hits harder" well that is very debateable. Cain has 9 wins, 8 by stoppage only cheick kongo with his head like a giant boulder went the distance.

Cain and bones to win next fights by stoppage.

How many of those Cain stoppages have been by 1 punch? Cain finishes off his opponents with combinations, something a fighter with JDS's stand up level will be able to avoid. Most of JDS's stoppages have been 1 big shot, to me there is no doubt that JDS has more power.
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:44 am

Jds couldnt even put away big country or carwin. Even brock finished carwin, and are you telling me that his submission game is so good that he couldnt sub carwin but big fat brock can. We will have to wait and see wont we, everyone has favourates and everyone on here has opinions and thats why we come on here, to voice those opinions.

Just in this case my opinions are better. Ha. cheers
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:41 am

1. you interpreted it wrong sheldan, unbeaten between now and then
    plus not even hammils mum counts that as a loss for jones probably his most dom inant performance

2 jds lol!
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 am

Mannpagejackson wrote:Jds couldnt even put away big country or carwin. Even brock finished carwin, and are you telling me that his submission game is so good that he couldnt sub carwin but big fat brock can. We will have to wait and see wont we, everyone has favourates and everyone on here has opinions and thats why we come on here, to voice those opinions.

Just in this case my opinions are better. Ha. cheers

Are you actually comparing the Carwin that was on deaths door in that 2nd round against Lesnar to the Carwin who was fit and in shape who fought JDS? How can you bring up the submission game in the JDS-Carwin fight when the fight was pretty much fought on the feet for the entire fight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:43 am