THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
Raiden
The_Axe_Emperor
2brutal
payneNglory1
gre660wl
Paddyjock
pinsman
Sheldan
p4pnumber_1
13 posters

Leben and Munoz to headline UFC 138 in Birmingham, England.

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Leben and Munoz to headline UFC 138 in Birmingham, England. - Page 2 Empty Re: Leben and Munoz to headline UFC 138 in Birmingham, England.

Post  2brutal Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:51 pm

I agree guys it's another shocker,that been said I will be there usually 50 or 100 are the cheaper end tickets

You would of that they would of given us Cruz mighty mouse
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Leben and Munoz to headline UFC 138 in Birmingham, England. - Page 2 Empty Re: Leben and Munoz to headline UFC 138 in Birmingham, England.

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Even at £50 it's a rip off, like I say most people will go just becasue it's UFC.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Probably just UFC trying lick NBC's arse (owner of Versus) and try to screw over Spike TV with a shit card, because UFC and Spike aren't the best of friends at the moment, just wish that UK fans wouldn't be the victims of it all.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:20 am

Its a downright disgrace we don't have the Cruz fight and that gets the shame of been a versus main event. Where is the justice?

knowing our luck with it been the first 5 rounder main event Munoz will probably hump Leben to death all 5 rounds
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Just been announced that the co-main event is Barao/Pickett! What a disgrace. I thought if they brought in a decent co-main event for this card then it could be saved, but now it's a joke.

Barao was first fight on UFC 130 (a pretty poor card also) and Pickett hasn't even fought in the UFC, and then they're all of a sudden co-main event on the UK card.

That's me definitely not going.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Heavyweight Philip De Fries signs with UFC, expected to debut at UFC 138

British fighter Philip De Fries (7-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is the latest addition to the UFC's heavyweight roster.

The undefeated 25-year-old today announced his deal via Facebook.

Although he didn't specify a debut date or opponent, an event source told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he's expected to fight, fittingly, at UFC 138 in England.

UFC 138 takes place Nov. 5 at LG Arena at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, England. The main card airs in the U.S. on Spike TV via same-day tape delay. De Fries likely will compete on the preliminary card.

Terms of De Fries' deal were not disclosed.

De Fries, a Sunderland native now fighting out of Castletown, has competed throughout England during a two-year pro career. All seven of his career victories, including a May win over former UFC fighter Colin Robinson and a July victory over Stav Economou (11-1-1 at the time), have come via submission. Five, in fact, have come via rear-naked choke.

Only De Fries' latest win came outside of the first round.

Also British Bantam weight Vaughan Lee (11-6-1)meets Chris Cariaso at UFC 138

UFC 138

Chris Leben vs. Mark Munoz
    Renan Barao vs. Brad Pickett
    Anthony Njokuani vs. Paul Taylor
    Papy Abedi vs. Thiago Alves
    Terry Etim vs. Edward Faaloloto
    John Hathaway vs. Pascal Krauss
    Michihiro Omigawa vs. Jason Young
    James Head vs. Mark Scanlon
    Chris Cariaso vs. Vaughan Lee
    Philip De Fries vs. TBA
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:01 am

He's fighting former Britain strongest man oli thompson
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:47 pm

It's been reported that Che Mills has signed for the UFC and will be fighting on the UFC 138.

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/1657/che-mills-reported-as-latest-uk-fighter-to-ink-ufc-deal.htm
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:55 pm

Mills is meant to be fighting at BAMMA 7 in September, not sure what's going on there.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:07 am

ive got my tickets is anyone else going
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:44 pm

~It's a proper shit card man, I am not wasting my money on that trash
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:15 pm

I got offered tickets, not sure if I can go or not yet. Good card or bad it'll still be a good night to be fair and a couple of the fights will be exciting.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 pm

UFC will be doing plenty of ticket giveaways leading up to the card, my chances of going are based on that.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:16 am

the names are shit but the main card fights look like crackers to me
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 am

If they had put a decent main event on it, with Munoz-Leben as co-main event then it would have been a pretty good card for a UFC in the UK in fairness. Alves is always great to watch, except against humpers like GSP and Fitch. Hathaway vs Browne should be good and there's a couple of others that should be FOTN contenders.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:49 pm