THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
The_Axe_Emperor
james_hampton
pinsman
mikeyboybisping
Paolo_73
sunthunder
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
payneNglory1
KalDog
redmeanie77
Albion_Oakley
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
great_ginger_10
Ginginho
Shanemc
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
23 posters

Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 3 Empty Re: Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Tito, Travis Fulton and Minowa in then? They are 3 weve been talking about adding for a while now....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 3 Empty Re: Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Is Jeremy Horn in yet?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:39 pm

No but if Tito goes in Id be more than happy to put Horn in. What you think other 3 in?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:22 am

I think Tito goes in because he's Tito and although he's a dick and his record is seriously padded, he's still one of the 4 biggest draws in the sport and that says a lot about what he's done for the UFC.

From the other 3:

I've always liked Jeremy Horn and he's done a lot for the sport as a fighter and as a coach. I think he's easily the best fighter of the 3 and he has a win and a draw against Fulton. Strangely, he's never fought Minowa considering they have 187 career fights between them(incredibly that's less than Fulton has on his own!). Hopefully that fight will happen eventually.

The other two get in for heart alone. Anyone who fights that many times against fighters of all shapes and sizes deserves to be in the H.O.F regardless of win/loss.

It's crazy to think that Fulton is only 32.

These 3 and Dan Severn have probably, between them, fought just about everyone in the world!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:18 am

I would like to suggest Big John McCarthy for the Armbar Hall Of Fame.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:20 am

I'd second that
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:19 am

Interesting one, but if we're including non-fighters then he must be one of the first in.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:53 pm

I think he's the only non-fighter worth putting in to be honest. He's done more to advance the sport than anyone and the rules that are used are mainly from his ideas!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Im reassesing the HOF after the Superhulk tournament...

Tito Ortiz
    Travis Fulton
    Minowa
    Jeremy Horn
    Big John

are the guys being considered now. Id like to add a few in one go so ill hold fire untill Minowa fights!
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:36 pm

I thought Minowa went in if he beat Choi? as I predicted, he leglocked him into next week .....
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Albion_Oakley wrote:I thought Minowa went in if he beat Choi? as I predicted, he leglocked him into next week .....

I though if he won the superhulk... yeah ill add him, I think he diserves it... Ill do the updates when I get outta work at 9...

Af anyone has any objections to the list of fighers let me know.

I think a few werent keen on Horn off hand.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:12 pm

I have no objections to anyone on that list, I think they have all made great contributions to the sport. I have no opinion on fulton as I have honestly never seen him fight Smile

Much as I hate Tito and his massive melonhead, he has been one of the biggest draws in MMA and a massive catalyst for the sport's success.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Don Frye has lost out on his chance to be in the HOF I reckon... Loosing to peewee was the final straw! I really wanted him in but I cant see a good arguement for him being in anymore. Everyone agree to leave him out when I update it?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:15 pm

Don Frye is 107 years old! I think he should be in for all that he's done for the sport. He was the first real cross trainer in MMA. Even before the Shamrocks.

And!!!!!

He has MMA's greatest 'tache!
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:39 pm

He does have the most devastating tache in the history of MMA.

I don't agree with Fulton, yeah he's fought loads but anybody he's fought with a bit if talent has beat him. HOF? Why?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:50 pm

He was really just going in based on the insane number of fights he has had!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:02 pm

It's people like Fulton that have made MMA as big as it is amongst the hardcore fans though. He fights anywhere, anytime, any place and he jumps between weight classes. So he will go and fight for lots of small promotions and give them credibility. Plus he'll fight all the young up and comers and he's a gatekeeper. Get beat by him, you're not destined for the top but beat him and it sure does look good on the record.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Ironman near has 200 fights! Itd be hard not to put him in!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:21 pm

If i was a middle of the road fighter who won more than i lost but was never going to be top class fighter, i'd go the way Fulton has. I think there's more respect to be had for someone like him than someone who just stays in the major organizations and acts as a punching bag.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:47 pm

Ok, if we are using that kinda logic, put Shonie Carter in to lol
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Shonie was the man that popularized the spinning back fist!

He loses point for those panties he wears though.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:53 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Ironman near has 200 fights! Itd be hard not to put him in!

he has 248 official mma fights.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:06 am

I think it breaks down as
    248 MMA fights(191-45-11-1)- including 50 Professional Vale Tudo fights(37-11-2)
    34 Boxing fights(15-19)

That's 282 professional fights, with 206 wins, 56 losses, 13 draws and 1 no contest.

AND! He's only 32 years of age! AND! Before his last fight he took nearly a year off!

In 2006 and 2007 this guy fought 9 and 10 times respectively. 19 fights in 2 years. Now to put that into perspective, BJ Penn made his debut in 2001 and he has only 1 more fight in is career than Travis and in that two year period.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:48 am

Sherdog has his record as 191 - 45 - 11 Im 100% for putting him in. If we are including Big John for contribution to the sport and not on fighting ability I say hes gotta go in!!! Crazy amount of fights! Ill have to get everyones record updated as well.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:54 am

he had as many fights in 1998 alone, as big Nog has in his career overall. and this was when he was like 21/22.

a record of 29wins-5losses-4draws in 1998.

he didnt only fight cans either, having fights with fellow fighting junkies Severn (loss), Horn (draw) and Minowaman (draw).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:01 pm