THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
sunthunder
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
Heterocyclic
redmeanie77
payneNglory1
10 posters

Anyone watching the WEC tonight?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Anyone watching the WEC tonight? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone watching the WEC tonight?

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:14 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:check this out:

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Garcia-Jung.html

Wow Thats bad judging, Its like Penn vs Edgar, it was a close fight at a glance but if you watch it twice you see who won, Jung was outstanding, Really impressive fight, best fight ive seen in ages, Easily fight out the year so far, Im emailing ESPN to ask about WEC, Id have loved to see that on tv!!!

Manny Gamburyan looked outstanding, really liked him after TUF he looks a force at 145lbs, his standup looked great, seriously explosive punch power. Great win, huge upset! Manny is getting a shot at Aldo now?

Supprised Roller beat Njokuani, realtly good performance though, Njokuani is big and hard to controll but he stuck to his gamplan. Good win.

B.Hendo was outstanding, a level above Cerrone, Maby Varner will earn a rematch, or maby Roller beating Njokuani put him in contention? I think B.Hendo should vecate the WEC title and join UFC. Id love to see him start with a fight against Tyson Griffin or Clay Guida.

Aldo was shockingly Dominant, I gave Faber the 1st round but he lost the rest big time. I dont know how people can even critisize or mention Aldo's inability of finish. It was hardly a boring showing he was doing damage, those Legkicks and Bodyblows were beautifull! I really he said he would like to fight at 135 and 155, he looks a little big to make the cut to 135 but its good to hear someone who will jump weights for superfights.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Anyone watching the WEC tonight? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone watching the WEC tonight?

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Jung won IMO but I do think Garcia won the second round. He dropped Jung in that round and landed the better shots. Its not like Edgar vs Penn exactly because Edgar was rightly awarded that decision Laughing

I do agree about Manny though, shame about Brown but Manny is a really good fighter. He has been quite unlucky in the past but he is perfect at 145. Can't see him beating Aldo but I couldn't see him beating MTB either so what do I know.

Lil Hendo should go to the UFC now, he is more than capable of fighting at that level.

Aldo is a beast, I hate to use this analogy but he is like the 145 Anderson Silva except he isn't a dick. A few more fights and I think he can step up to 155 and fight in the UFC.

Overall I think it was a great card and makes up for UFC 112 and SF Nashville.
    missioncontrol
    missioncontrol
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  missioncontrol Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 am

First time watching WEC for me and I've got to say I absolutely LOVED this card!

Obviously Zombie/Garcia was fight of the night but the rest of the card was great as well.

Aldo did a great job picking Faber apart, Jorgenson/Bunuelos was a good fight with both fighters landing bombs and I thought Pickett/Johnson was quality too. The slam off of the flying knee was insane! There was some great stand up, takedowns and some sweet jiu-jitsu as well, especially Hendersons fantastic guillotine.

This was the best card I have seen in quite some time and I am definitely a convert to the lighter weights in MMA. Far better than anything that the UFC has put out recently and there was much more respect shown between the fighters than has been demonstrated in UFC/Strikeforce recently. Less pressure perhaps?
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am

Agreed, this was my first WEC card as well and I was very impressed both with the quality of the fights and the sportsmanship on display.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:11 am