THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Money vs JMM

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Money vs JMM Empty Money vs JMM

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:48 pm

http://www.boxing-core.com/videos/_Mayweather_vs_Marquez_24_7_Episode_1_Part_1?vid=10001814&tid=110

Lads just though Id let the Boxing fans know that Mayweather vs Marquez 24/7 eppisodes are on MMA-core.com

Its well worth a watch if your a fan (Dana White look away now!) Mayweather training is incredible to watch. Lww/Ww is such an exciting weight to watch in Boxing, Its were all the good fights are at.. Cotto/Pacman/Mosley etc..

Im sure all MMA fans want to see Mayweather KO'd but I dont see it happening this weekend, I think Pretty boy is going to run away with a wide UD win. Im a real Marquez fan he has been in so many memorable fights especially the Pacquiao ones... But I cant see him winning at the weekend. Mayweather is something special as much as I hate to admit it!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Money vs JMM Empty Re: Money vs JMM

Post  Shanemc Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:48 pm

cant wait for this fight why does it have to be on the same time as the ufc Sad
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:58 pm

I hope "whats his name" Marquez KOs Mayweather. I really don't like him, not just because of the crap he talks about MMA but because of the crap he talks about his opponents, I just want some one to teach him a lesson. He also keeps ditching Pacqiao. Marquez is a good fighter, always wears his heart on his glove. Unfortuanatly I see "Pretty boy" winning, im even guessing by stoppage in round 10 No Crying or Very sad . Hope im wrong.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Hate to say but Mayweather should take this one and look very good going so. Mayweather is probabally the best boxer of our generation if he finishes his career with a win over JMM then a win over the Pacman/Cotto winner he is an all time great, Aparently he is one title off Sugar Ray Robinson!

Mayweather talks some smack about MMA and id love him to spar a top MMA figher in MMA rules, I think he would change his idea about the sport if someone outstrick him, Even with Knees etc.. I think it would show him some respect for the sport. I think if there was some "whiteboy" who could beat him down on the feet It would open his eyes a bit, If he got subbed he wouldnt care but if he got smashed by a good 145lbs striker in a thai clintch or a chopped down his Roundhouses to the ribs I think it would humble him. But I think he runs his mouth about MMA because its a threat to him and Boxing in some ways and he hears storys about MMA taking over from the sport he loves.

I dislike Mayweather, his comments about White people just get my back up against him if nothing else. But Like Tyson when I was a kid, I didnt like the man but I really admired the athlete for destroying opponents left right and center. I believe Mayweather to be the best Athlete in combat sports currently, Over Bonjasky, Fedor etc.. there are 50 boxers to every 1 MMA figher in the world at least so to top that sport is a more impressive achievement. Ill boo him because he fights a Mexican legend and a fighter I love but I expect him to be too Big, Too fast, Too hard to hit and with two quick rexlexes for Marquez to KO him of outpoint a much more phycial opponent. JMM is not a steriotypical Mexican figher he isnt just a tough guy with a head full of concrete he has skills but I dont see anyone having more skills than Floyd. Watching Floyd do the pads, Slipping punches and rattling off combos while looking at the camera or doing the speed ball, one handed, while looking at the camera was something else. His training montages are as impressive as Foreman or Liston ripping into the heavybad for me.

He is a bit of a cock because of his racist comments and his ego but I think he is a living legend and he is going to beat 36year old JMM unfortunatley. God I really hope im wrong, JMM beating Mayweather and going the rematch and possible win over Pacman would be a real story!

I love the big fights in boxing, they build them up so well... shame they are so few and far between!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:19 pm

anybody know what time the weigh in is on today at?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:14 pm