THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+11
pinsman
hendos_right_hook
Albion_Oakley
Additional Generic
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
wilksdaman
rudeboyben84
redmeanie77
Shogun No1
Paddyjock
15 posters

SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ - Page 3 Empty Re: SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Great post fight comments from Aoki here, humble and honest. I think he fully understands how his game matches up with some of the bigger stronger Lw's not in japan....

A win against Kawajiri then i feel he should be entitled to a rematch in Dream against Melendez.

Question though- Whatever happened to the comments he made if he loses Japan will become a colony of US??? Laughing Can you say drama queen??? Wink
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ - Page 3 Empty Re: SPOILER - POST FIGHT BRAWL WITH MAYHEM MILLER AND NATE DIAZ

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:00 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

Question though- Whatever happened to the comments he made if he loses Japan will become a colony of US??? Laughing Can you say drama queen??? Wink

Laughing

Thats why I was surprised he has taken this so well,I was expecting a far less humble attitude,I mean to be fair he hasn't had the best run lately at being humble and respectful has he.

From that shit he pulled against Hirota all the way to the Melendez fight he has been coming off as a prick.

I wonder what this loss has actually done for Aoki,will it be a good lesson or will it be something that might mentally just have taken something away from him,I mean Ko's are easy to get over,you just got clipped but getting completely dominated for 5 rds when you are convinced you are one of,if not the best can surely mess with his confidence and mind.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:21 pm

,I mean Ko's are easy to get over,you just got clipped but getting completely dominated for 5 rds when you are convinced you are one of,if not the best can surely mess with his confidence and mind.

Indeed agree 100%. Asking to train with Cesar gracies team maybe the best way to handle this. Although it may have implications with regards to possible rematch.

Were seeing more and more of this in MMA now, Okami asked to train with Sonnen, Kimbo got Roy Nelson to show him some of his mistakes for the fight....etc.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:46 pm

I like that approach from Aoki TBH, not just because he was so humble but going to train with the scrap will be great for him and for the guys there. First of all, he can train his wrestling and takedowns with Jake Shields which needs to improve after completing 0 out of 18 takedowns. His standup can also improve training with the Diaz bros and Melendez. This is also good for the guys at the scrap pack, in terms of BJJ Aoki is better than everyone there besides Ceaser Gracrie himself so all of them can benifit from him there.

I didn't know about Kimbo asking Nelson what he did wrong, but thats good to hear. Kimbo really does care about improving himself as a fighter.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:05 am

Mayhem & Rogan discuss the brawl and rubbish Gus Johnson...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:41 pm