THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Any Results or Videos on Last nights fights?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Any Results or Videos on Last nights fights? Empty Any Results or Videos on Last nights fights?

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:01 am

Any news from the Brazilian card or the Frye fight? Any Videos. Post them here whoever finds then 1st. Cheers.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Any Results or Videos on Last nights fights? Empty Re: Any Results or Videos on Last nights fights?

Post  Ginginho Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 am

Arona, Filho and Rizzo all by UD
    Murilo Rua KO Rd 1

Frye knocked out in the first round

I think vids are available through mma linker but haven't checked properly
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Any Results or Videos on Last nights fights? Empty Re: Any Results or Videos on Last nights fights?

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Cheers for that, Im keeping my eyes open for Videos but nothing yet

Anyone heard this? Rogan on Fedor..

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:48 pm

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:49 pm

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Monson looked shite, His standup really needs a lot of work, I was supprised that he wasnt more successfull with the TD's but once Rizzo has stuffing his TD's he had to standup and he looked really bad on the feet. His is slow and predictable and is worse at checking leg kicks than Rampage! poor showing...
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Arona looked good, Not great but a good start after a long lay off, He landed a few great Leg kicks, Had a good Kimura attempt and got Mount by the ebd, Was good considering ring rust and the fact he broke his foot in the fight... I dont know if its a good enough performance to make UFC notice but a good start to a comeback
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:43 pm

The Filho fight is a bit boring, Lots of pinning against the fence... Filho should be fighting at 185 for sure. Glad he won but not impressed with the performance. Still another win on his CV but again for someone looking into UFC he didnt really impress.

If anyone finds the Don Frye fight or the The Ninja Rua fight before me please post it! cheers.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Good to know Arona won, although I expected a finish from him. Poor performance by Filhio, Schouenar (sp) is shit and Filhio should be able to stop him. I never really liked Monson and this should end his credibility as a top HW, while giving Rizzo a little bit more time. Good to see Ninja winning again and unlucky Frye.

Glover Texiria also won on the card, beating Leonardo Lucio Nascimento by sub in the first round.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 pm

never heard of Frye's opponent before this and assumed it was some no-hoper, but looking him up its clear Don had little chance of winning.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Didnt see Glover Texiria or Frye fight yet you got a link to either Chelsea?, Texiria isnt a bad fighter hadnt heard of or seen his opponent before though. I really wanna see Ninja Rua fight he has been in a few good fights in his time, I had 50/50 fights with Ramapge and Hendo back in the day...

Yeah I knew Pee Wee was going to beat Frye, Pee Wee isnt the most badass guy around but too much for Fry at this stage of his career. Frye turned up to the weighins with the no top and jeans combo looking in bad shape, Reminded me of someones drunk uncle fighting outside a bar! Slick hair and Gold chain... Nice! Laughing I think he was about 15-20lbs heavier than when Minowa schooled him! Thats his career over Maby another Shammy fight or in a YAMMA Legends tournament if they are still about and those still happen!! We Could see a Frye vs Butterbean classic! Your a Big Frye fan arent you Chesty? What you wanna see him do? Time to call it a day?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Heres Pics from the event...

http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/event/pictures-arona-filho-amp-ninja-win-in-brazil-19660

Im dieing to see Ninja fight.... Ive been watching a few of his old fights recently... Cant believe that loss to Rampage Bas and the other comentator as well as Rampage though Ninja won!!

Anyway the other fights are up on mma-core.com the quality isnt any better than the download links I posted but you can fast forward and rewind.

Keep your eyes open guys im dieing to see the Ninja fight and the Frye fights! MMAlinker are slow in getting them!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Any Results or Videos on Last nights fights? Empty Ninja Rua is Back!!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:02 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:21 pm

I haven't found anything yet mate, il be sure to post it if I find anything.

Sick KO from Ninja
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Thats all the fights apart from the Glover Texiria but im not in a huge hurry to see that one... Really I dont even want to Watch Frye getting KO'd he is such a badass It wouldnt be good to see!!!

Yeah great headkick by Ninja!! at 205 he always carries a bit of a belly he is much better at 185lbs, I think he should go back to that weight... I wonder if Strikeforce will have him back? Or if UFC would take a chance on signing him?

Riki Fukuda beat him and he looked poor, He just didnt look like he wanted to fight... The Benji Radach fight was a shame he lost they were both trading bombs and it could have gone either way...

Tony Bonello's only loss was to Ninja Rua before that... Before that he Choked out Professor X who UFC signed... He lost to Robbie Lawler in another slugfest before that he beat Smoking Joey Villasenor so his career has been hit and miss but in fairness he has been in with a lot of good competition and has fought all the way up to heavyweight!!! Ive always liked Ninja, I like his style and he seems a cool character I hope he can get his career back on track.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Ye I like Ninja too, im quite a big Shogun fight so thats one of the reasons I like Ninja. IMO he defeated Rampage, im not sure what the judges were thinking there. We talk about how bad Bitchping-Hammil was, this was worse. He needs to stick to 185 for me, he would be a good addition to any company. Against Fukuda he just didn't look motivated which wasn't good to see and against Radach he just got caught. He beat Villasaesoner which is a pretty good win.

The UFC have nothing really to lose, they can market him as Shogun's brother and an exciting fighter. They can show some of his fights on the best of Pride show they have. He could have some real good fights with guys like Sexyama, Belfort, Wandy (not sure that would happen though) and Cote.

Strikeforce could do with him, he could add to that division and a Le-Ninja fight would be pretty good. A motivated Ninja is a very good competitior.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:29 pm

I think strikeforce didnt renew his contract... I could be wrong but it was strange to let such a tallent go. Sure he has been hit and miss at times but he gave Hendo a 50/50 fight and came off on the wrong side of a SD and gave Rampage a 50/50 a least coming off on the bad end of a decision again... so when he is on he is on! He can hang with top guys I dont know why they wouldnt want to keep him. I think he would have a good chance to beat Jake Shields if he can ever get his hands on him... I Wish him luch whatever he is at, It would be nice to see him in Dream/Strikeforce (AS they share tallent) Or UFC.

I wonder if UFC and Strikeforce were looking at this event.

Filho, Ninja and Arona now all free agents... Monson im sure would have been back in UFC with a win but he fairly fucked that one up!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:56 pm

The UFC should sign Arona now, why not? He is an excellent fighter with excellent grappling creditionals and really can add to a stacked division. He wants to go and it should be an easy signing for the UFC. Arona is better than Jardine, Silva, Cane and arguably Coleman and Tito (at this stage of his career). I don't think he can beat Machida and I wouldn't make him favourite against Shogun, Rampage or Evans and possibly Lil Nog but apart from that he can beat anyone.

Filhio is a different case, I think they should sign him but at 185. He beat Manhoef showing good BJJ and a cool head but yesterday was very boring. However if they signed Denis Kang, why wouldn't they sign him? He could have some good matches with Palaheres, Maia, Nate and Hendo (doubt he will fight Silva, I think there really good mates). There is also a rubber match with Sonnen.

If they don't go to the UFC, then SF/Dream/M1 Global could really benift from signing them.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:59 pm

I think Arona is a bad style matchup for Machida.

IF Arona could get into clinch/takedown range of Machida without getting KOd then he is a much better grappler and can do what he wants.
    Going on both of there previous fights though, i dont think Arona finishing Machida is a big possibility, and every round starts on the feet, so yeah he only has a small chance. Laughing

but Rampage got a title shot for beating Eastman, they should at least let Arona in the org!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Possibly but Machida does have very good takedown defense as well, he shruged off takedowns from Rashad and Tito with ease, those two don't have the best takedowns in MMA but they are still good wrestlers. Plus even if it goes to the ground, Machida is a BB in BJJ under the Nog Bros so he should be able to avoid Arona's offence there. Plus on the feet Machida has a major advantage.

Either way I agree, Arona needs to be in the UFC. I see no downside.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:39 am

Forgot Rampage got a title shot off the back of that win! Yeah Arona will surely be in the UFC after that win, They dont want to leave Mousasi with a credible opponent after all!!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:28 pm

good card shocked that monson lost he was on some win streak happy to see arona back fighting again had a good warm up fight hopefully gets a tougher challenge in his next fight

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:24 pm