THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
redmeanie77
pinsman
6 posters

UFC primetime GSP vs HARDY

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC primetime GSP vs HARDY Empty UFC primetime GSP vs HARDY

Post  pinsman Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:35 pm

http://sherdogblog.craveonline.com/blog/2010-03-12

Have just watched the new UFC show based on the fight between GSP and Hardy. Thought it's about time we discussed this issue ha ha!

I personally feel Hardy is a heavy underdog but something is really making me think he's going to beat GSP, I think his confidence and mentallity are really positive and from watching this video GSP is pushing out all the stops to beat him. Maybe a little bit too much for someone who is classed as the best p4p fighter in the world by some people. I guess theres nothing wrong with perfecting your technique and skills to a very high standard. I just think Hardy is a brawler with a very good chin and will be looking to take GSP's head off, in a way we all thought Alves was going to try and do.

I only cringe worthy part of this video is the little suprise at the end... DOH!

From me it's a COME ON HARDY KO THE FROG!!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC primetime GSP vs HARDY Empty Re: UFC primetime GSP vs HARDY

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:51 pm

I'm so glad they brought back the primetime shows. Apparently this got over 1 million views on spike the other day.

UFC 111 is going to be a great card and will do very good PPV sales. I look forward to seeing Mir crowned a 3 time champ. And Hardy giving a good account of himself against GSP. An all time high for British mma i feel.

I would love to see Hardy pull a Serra on GSP, but im going for a GSP UD in their fight.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:28 pm

i can't see the fight going five rounds, and if it does i see Hardy finishing him. It is going to be a huge moment for british MMA and if Hardy beats him then he's going to become a huge star!
    MMAN
    MMAN
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  MMAN Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:39 pm

GSP to win by total humiliation.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:51 pm

AHH MMAN, so why bum the fuck outa Bisping but not Hardy?
    MMAN
    MMAN
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  MMAN Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:53 pm

What are you on about Pin?

Does liking Micheal Bisping mean you have to like Hardy? I wasn't aware of that.

I could ask you a similar question. Why Hardy but not Bisping? You are, after all, English, are you not?
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:10 pm

To be hounist I thought you were messing with the Bisping loving, thought it was just a patriotic thing. I think Hardy is a desent fighter with half a chance of winning the title,he aswell as Bisping is a smack talker, but difference is Hardy backs it up, Bisping just wants to be hated he he!

Hardy is a much better fighter than Bisping and I like his personality aswell so support him. Also he trains at the Leicester Tigers which is always another plus!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:53 pm

GSP is simply a better fighter everywhere. I like Hardy but he is a poor mans Thiago Alves and GSP ran through him with no problems at all. Hardy always has that chance, but I am fairly certain GSP is winning this. He isn't taking this as an easy fight but it is in reality his easist fight in a long time. Davis took Hardy down, GSP is going to have little problems taking him down and he is better striker as well. Technichally he is quite a bit better.

I see the first round being quite close but GSP clearly winning with takedowns and GnP. Then the second round (GSPs best round historically) GSP stepping his game up and submitting or TKOing Hardy.

WAR GSP!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm expecting GSP to win,but being a fellow Nottingham lad myself,I'll be cheering Hardy on all the way.

It's been a good few years for Nottingham fighters.

I'll be going mental if Hardy wins this,Froch and Hardy,two world champion fighters,both from Nottingham,both Forest fans cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:53 pm

I know what you said about him being a poor man Alves is probably right, but Alves just didn't look himself against GSP, he was too worried about being taken down. Hardy will be brawling against GSP, he won't hold back at all... One good thing on Hardys side aswell he seems to have a very strong chin!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Alves was taken out of his game by GSP, it wasn't a case of him being bad, GSP was just a lot better.

Hardy is a counter puncher, both Davis and Swick are agressive fighters who came out agressive with there hands down and chins up. GSP doesn't come out agressive, even with his striking he waits patiently before throwing kicks to open up his punches which leads to takedowns. GSP I don't think will KO Hardy from a standing position because he doesn't posses great power and Hardy does have a good chin but he could GnP him out. Its not a good fight for Hardy.

I really do like Hardy and I think it would have been better for him to get a title shot after (if) GSP moves up to MW, then he could have a better chance against Alves/Fitch/Kos but GSP is a level above all three of those guys. Look at there fights for proof.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Alves was/is never going to beat GSP. Every time he got close enough to be able to hit GSP he always right there to be taking down easily. GSP was even outstriking at times during the fight.

How humiliating it must have been, to be completley dominated by an injured opponent for half the fight. Big respect for GSP for continuing to fight. I tore my groin once, i could barely stand up and walk of the pitch let alone continue to fight.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Does anyone know what each of their reaches are like, as this was a big negative for Alves... I think hardy will just swing for the fences... I just think if Hardy connects with a punch I think it's all over for GSP!

Do you hounistly believe this to be an easier fight than GSP has had in a while Chelsea, because I don't... Hardy is a guy that really wants this, and hes confident enough in his abilitys to take GSP on noe has really given GSP a good fight in a while!
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:53 pm

pinsman wrote:I just think if Hardy connects with a punch I think it's all over for GSP!

Are you sure? Hardy rocked both Davis and Swick with big shots but didn't capitalise on the openings so the fights ended up going to a decision. I think a TKO is probably Hardy's best chance of getting a win. Any openings he gets he'll need to make count.

Last edited by Moose Stuff For Money... on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:53 pm

GSP 76 inch
    Hardy 74
    Alves 70
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:55 pm

so GSP still has the advantage there... shit
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:57 pm

Atleast its not 6 inches this time pirat
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:44 am

I don't Hardy can end the fight in one punch. In a 31 fight career he has KOed 3 opponents. He has TKOed a few more but in terms of a straight KO, its only been against 3 cans. GSPs chin isn't great but it isn't bad either.

Alves still had excellent takedown defence, Hughes, Parysian and Tony DeSouza couldn't take him down and I think all have reach on him. I really don't see GSP having a problem taking Hardy down.

GSP has recently fought

Alves
    BJ
    Fitch
    Serra
    Hughes
    Kos
    Serra
    Hughes
    BJ
    Sherk

Most of those if not all are better fighters than Hardy, in terms of ability he is the weakest out of all those fighters. He will come in determined, with the pride of a nation on his shoulder which makes him dangerous, but also wreckless.

Coming out and swinging for the fences would be terrible gameplan, it would just lead to takedown after takedown.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:27 am