THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
payneNglory1
ChelseaQuinsfan
Shanemc
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
hendos_right_hook
rudeboyben84
redmeanie77
12 posters

M-1: Fedor Emelianenko fighting Fabricio Werdum in May, off planned April CBS card

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

M-1: Fedor Emelianenko fighting Fabricio Werdum in May, off planned April CBS card - Page 3 Empty Re: M-1: Fedor Emelianenko fighting Fabricio Werdum in May, off planned April CBS card

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Yeah im not fully happy with how M-1 are managing Fedor's and other fighters careers, but what can you do?

There obviously just trying to make as much money for themselves as they possibly can, which you cant really blame them. But i think they taking advantage of Strikeforce and trying to exploit them.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

M-1: Fedor Emelianenko fighting Fabricio Werdum in May, off planned April CBS card - Page 3 Empty Re: M-1: Fedor Emelianenko fighting Fabricio Werdum in May, off planned April CBS card

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:55 pm

They dont realise no one gives a fuck about M-1 they werent happy with the fact that the Fedor vs Rogers event was a Co-promotion because the media kept calling it Strikeforce! Laughing Just beause Fedor is fighting hardly makes it an M-1 event.

Its a shame they are taking his career in the wrong direction. He should be staying active not going back to a fight or 2 a year.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Oh dear it looks as if they still havent come to an agreement. I realise Feodr has been a big Coup for Strikeforce. But is it really worth all the hassle and money that SF are giving.

Fedor growing frustrated and quite frankly so are we...

M-1 Global head, Vadim Finklestein has given further detail on the mood of WAMMA heavyweight champion, Fedor Emelianenko, explaining the Russian is growing frustrated at Strikeforce’s refusal to live up to what they originally promised.
    Speaking via Sherdog.com, Finklestein said:

“There are certain clauses in that agreement which haven’t been lived up to. In one of these clauses was co-promotion, and given that M-1 spent a significantly larger amount of money on the first show than did Strikeforce, we would like to see something along the lines of a number of M-1 fighters fighting on the M-1 Strikeforce show, the main show, the undercard, etc. From our point of view, we’re waiting for the decision of, primarily, Scott (Coker) and Strikeforce, but also that of Showtime, and basically delivering in the relationship, going forward, that which was promised to us in the first place. This (decision) doesn’t depend on us at all. The ball is in their court. Fedor is in good shape. He’s constantly training to keep his form up. He needs around a month and a half warning before a potential fight and he’ll be able to fight. So the 26th of June is not a problem.”

“Fedor is frustrated. He’s upset that he hasn’t been given the ability to fight. Again, the (delay) to make the fight happen, hasn’t been on us. It’s been on the other side. Because of their refusal to agree on giving us what was promised in the (contract) signed, the fight hasn’t happened. We’re not asking for anything other than what we were promised initially. … What we want is simply a 50-50 (relationship). We don’t want a repeat of the November 7 show, which for all intents and purposes looked like a Strikeforce show. We want to be 50-50 partners. We want this to be a proper fully fledged co-promotion
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Does anybody know what fighters M1 has contracted to them and which ones do you think they want fighting on these Strikeforce cards?

fedor,Mousasi,Amoussou???
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Mousasi not with M-1 anymore.

Basically M-1 want to fill half the card with their fighters. They dont want it to be called Strikeforce but "The M1+Strikeforce" show and of course want half the money.

Safe to say Fedor isnt coming anywhere near a Zuffa event as long as he is with M-1 Crying or Very sad .
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:35 pm

Mousasi not with M-1 anymore. Embarassed

The only other fighters I can think that M1 must be wanting on the shows are some of the guys that were involved with the M1 team challenge thing they ran.I doubt Strikeforce would think many of them fighters would be marketable or good enough to put on a Strikeforce event.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 pm

ammousou/prangley rematch must be a good option.

also if i were Strikeforce i would give Shiksabenkov a shot, if only on the undercard.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:46 pm

I've only ever caught the odd bit of that M1 team stuff,so don't really know any of the fighters,Shiksabenkov,not heard of him is he any good?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:01 pm

As much as I really want to see Fedor in the UFC, I must say Dana made the right choice by not co-promoting with them. They are a joke and now they are pissing everyone off with there demands, they pissed the UFC off, they pissed Overoid off and now they are trying to promote there mostly shitty fighters on Strikeforce. I've watched some of that M1 challenge garbage and they have to be some of the worst fighters ever. The best SF can really do is put them on the preliminary card, because they can't afford to waste valauble air time on M1 garbage. Vadim has to be the worst person in MMA. All this and Fedor just wants to fight someone.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:04 pm

the winning team in the m1 challenge was quite good, and Magomed Shiksabenkov (welterweight) was the best guy on the team.

the standard overall is poor, but its a very important organisation for up and coming fighters, they put on more fights than any other organisation.

i agree they are pissing everyone off.....even fedor is pissed off!!

(i'm scared)
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Well any WW could be quite useful for SF but did this guy look good against terrible opponents or does he have some legit skills. How would he matchup against some of the lower level WWs in the UFC like Riddle, Story, Slick Nick ect?

Vadim is the one who is really pissing everyone off.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Getting bored of M-1 they are the worst thing to happen to MMA, Fedors career is just not taking off despite SF taking off!! 1 fight against Brett Rogers and he signed for them when? I have a bad feeling Fedor is going to start showing ringrust or age and sepnd his last years bumming and being told Bigfoot is a credible enough fight should Werdum fall through. There would be uproar if Lesnar was doing the same. On that MMA show with Bas Rutten they were saying Fedor might be just making shocking amounts of money at the minute and may just be happy to be going along with the ride, Hope this isnt the case. I saw an article saying how his rivals Nog and Crocop were on the slide being ageing undersized heavys. Fedor is about their age now, I hope we see him play out his later years with good fights.

Who are peoples call to be the man to beat him or does anyone think he will retire undefeated?
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:40 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Who are peoples call to be the man to beat him or does anyone think he will retire undefeated?

MINOWAMAN Cool
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Champion vs Champion

The Two most prestigious titles in MMA, the WAMMA belt which Fedor won by defeating.... well no one! They just gave it to him for being Fedor! And the dislexic's favorite the Super HLUK belt!

M-1: Fedor Emelianenko fighting Fabricio Werdum in May, off planned April CBS card - Page 3 HulkbeltM-1: Fedor Emelianenko fighting Fabricio Werdum in May, off planned April CBS card - Page 3 6a00d83451b46269e201156f309bad970c-800wi

Minowa by heelhook in the 1st Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Albion_Oakley wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Who are peoples call to be the man to beat him or does anyone think he will retire undefeated?

MINOWAMAN Cool

Laughing

Ben would wet himself
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:17 am

So would I , have been genuinely wanting to see this fight for ages. As soon as The Barnett fight fell through I said "Affliction, get on the phone to Minowa". Or whatever superhulkheroes have instead of phones:)

Weren't Fedor vs sylvia and vs Arlovski for the WAMMA title? also I seem to remember it being said that if Rogers beat fedor the title would be vacant, so that was essentially a defence too.

I like WAMMA, whilst it lacks the history and prestige of the UFC title, it could technically be defended in any promotion, therefore it is a true world title. The only thing stopping it being defended in the UFC is their exclusive contracts, hence they would essentially keep the belt forever if one of their fighters won it.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:20 am

BTW, minowa to break his leg Smile
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:10 pm

i think he can be contacted in a method similar to this:

M-1: Fedor Emelianenko fighting Fabricio Werdum in May, off planned April CBS card - Page 3 Batman-bat-signal-cel1253583347

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:27 pm