THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Shanemc
rudeboyben84
7 posters

Cotto Training with MMA fighers...

Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Cotto Training with MMA fighers... - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto Training with MMA fighers...

Post  Shanemc Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 pm

yeah one of the performances iv seen for Hopkins he just didnt seem like he wanted to fight but just hold i think hes capable of beating calzaghe if he changes his game plan a bit. i dont like calzaghe ben because of that he had to chance to make himself a legend by beating the top fighters in his weight but instead went against the old guys no respect for him whatsoever i heard he was going to pull out of the lacy fight because he didnt think he would win but frank warren convinced him to fight as he knew he would outclass him
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Cotto Training with MMA fighers... - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto Training with MMA fighers...

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:26 pm

Shanemc wrote:Chelsea i origianally thought the calzaghe decision was bs but i watched again and calzaghe comfortably won hopkins just didnt enough even harold lederman the hbo judge scored the fight to calzaghe by 4 or 5 rounds and he is usually always right

Same here I thought it was a draw at the least but watching the fight the 2nd time I Had It 116-111 Calslappy Joe pushed the action and threw more punches.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:56 pm

I only watched it once to be fair, and I am probably the most bias fan out there Laughing

I agree with Ben though, Calzaghe is the biggest ducker in any combat sport period.
    Additional Generic
    Additional Generic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Additional Generic Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Calzaghe definitely beat Hopkins and the shot that dropped him wasn't even a punch it was a forearm.
    Additional Generic
    Additional Generic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Additional Generic Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Sorry was thinking of Jones with the forearm.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Calslappy won, barely. But Hopkins had one of the worst nights of his life. Calslappy retired before giving him a rematch. Incredibly cowardly. Reminds me of when Lewis retired rather than give Vladi the rematch he deserved.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:36 am