THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
hendos_right_hook
ChelseaQuinsfan
Anfields5thKing
toonswagger
8 posters

Bisping - Freudian Slip?

toonswagger
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Bisping - Freudian Slip? Empty Bisping - Freudian Slip?

Post  toonswagger Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:00 am

Watching the countdown show on ESPN just there and heres what Bisping said,

"for this training camp i've knocked out about three guys with 16oz gloves on,if he thinks i've got the power to knock him out with 4oz loves on, he's sorely mistaken"

Was Mike admitting his lack of punching power there and trying to tell us that Wandi is worried about his KO power for no reason, or was it a simple slip of the tongue?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bisping - Freudian Slip? Empty Re: Bisping - Freudian Slip?

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:39 am

"I've knocked out about three guys..........."

First of all, If in an 8 week camp you've knocked out so few guys then you know the exact number, not an "about" figure. If it's in the twenties, then "about" is acceptable. Not when the number is so small.

Secondly, Wandi knocked out three guys this morning just walking to the shops to get his morning paper! I don't think he's going to be impressed by Mike's boasts.

Bisping is a muppet. He hasn't knocked ANYONE out in YEARS. Since November 27, 2004 to be exact. When he knocked out the mighty Mark Epstein. Before that he had one KO against the equally impressive Andy Bridges. These were back to back fights. Against BUMS. And they represent his only two career KOs. And i've not seen either so i don't know if they were actual KO's. I have my doubts to be honest.

Bisping managed to get to 10-0 and the best fighter he fought was Ross Pointin! And he only managed 2 KO's! Horrendous! The first decent fighter he fought was Hamill, who gave him a beating but got robbed. Then he fought Rashad who beat him. Then he fought two cans, had a foot race with Chris Leben and then got himself KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT! by Hendo. He followed this up with a win of the Denis Kang impersonator that is competing in the UFC.

That's a pretty shit record. His biggest wins are Hamill, who he clearly lost to, Chris Leben, who he ran away from and is top 25 at best, and Denis Kang, who is a shadow of his former self and still nearly beat him!

Bisping isn't a top 20 MW. If he beats Wandi by some miracle, he breaks the top 20. That's it.
    toonswagger
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  toonswagger Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:15 am

wasn't trying to proclaim bisping as the best thing at middleweight at all, he's far from it. I just thought it was funny, he basically declared he couldn't knock wand out.

"if he thinks i've got the power to knock him out with 4oz gloves on, he's sorely mistaken"

I'm sure that isn't what he meant to say though maybe he was just being honest!

only a moron would think mike is gonna ko wandi this weekend, just picked up on something i thought was funny, didn't mean to raise your ire over bisping again mate, did that before on another thread and could feel your anger with the man coming at me through my screen!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am

Haha toon excuse Anfield, he hates Bisping with a passion.

Thats pretty funny, I noticed that as well. Most likely just a slip of the tongue but its the most sense Ive ever heard Bisping speak Laughing .

Here's a little back and fourth between the two:

Silva: "We're going to have a great show. And I'm going to kick your ass."

Bisping: "I think it's funny. I haven't said two words to the guy, but a lot of animosity has seemed to have built up. Right from the start, I saw blogs on the Internet, him saying various things and laughing and poking fun. He seems to think I've been disrespectful towards him. I've got nothing but respect for Wanderlei. How can you not respect a guy like that who's had the career he's had. He's a fantastic fighter and a good ambassador for the sport. But the respect isn't coming back towards me, so I've got to go out there and take my respect. And I plan on doing just that."

Silva: "He's fun."

Bisping: "You do need to win fights in this business, Wanderlei, and you haven't been doing that lately," Bisping interrupted.

Silva: "Sorry, but I don't understand what (he's saying)."

Bisping: "Well, that makes two of us."

Later on…

Silva: "100 percent of the guys that talk to him, (talk to me and say) kick him. Everybody don't like him."

Bisping: "That's nice. Fortunately, I couldn't give a [expletive]."

No one seems to like Bisping.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:04 pm

And that doesn't surprise me one bit Smile
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Bisping is a Cock, seriously a mouthy disrespectfulkl overrated bum...

Ive gave a million reasons why Bisping will get KO'd...

Even look at it this way. Bisping and Wanderlei both lost veryvery close fights to Hamill and Franklin... When the fighters who beat them fought Franklin nearly kicked Hamill in half.

Wanderlei went 5/6 years undefeated and was the best p4p fighter in the world before!!

Bisping has never cracked the top 10... Seriously they are leagues apart, Wanderlei does sort of seem to realise it and laughs off Bispings smack talking.

Bisping is a Cunt... I cant wait to see him in a Bloody head. Id love him to get lamped after he is KO'd again Hendo style. Its going to take another beatdown to get him to keep his mouth shut!
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:56 pm

How dare you arseholes disrespect the Count like this he has beat elite fighters like Day, Sinosic, Pointon and some other guys who were on TUF Bisping has a awesome KO ratio and will KO Silva this Saturday then the other Silva whos name escapes me you know the one who has prick of a manager/boyfiend.

The Count is P4P the best fighter in the business.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:40 pm

George_Louis_Costanza@who wrote:How dare you arseholes disrespect the Count like this he has beat elite fighters like Day, Sinosic, Pointon and some other guys who were on TUF Bisping has a awesome KO ratio and will KO Silva this Saturday then the other Silva whos name escapes me you know the one who has prick of a manager/boyfiend.

you also forgot to mention that Fedor fears Bisping Laughing
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    George_Louis_Costanza@who wrote:How dare you arseholes disrespect the Count like this he has beat elite fighters like Day, Sinosic, Pointon and some other guys who were on TUF Bisping has a awesome KO ratio and will KO Silva this Saturday then the other Silva whos name escapes me you know the one who has prick of a manager/boyfiend.

you also forgot to mention that Fedor fears Bisping Laughing

you also forgot to mention that Bisping's KO ratio is so good, he's knocked out Chuck Norris 20 times.

True.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:46 pm

The 1st fight with Chuck Norris is the best out of the 20... He hangs his hands like Hunt vs Sefo and lets Chuck roundhouse him to the Jaw and laughs it off... what a guy!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Anfield i'm sensing bad karma... this could be Bispings first KO in years!! Imagine if he layed Wandi out Shocked
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Bisping vs Hammil wasn't even a close fight IMO, Hammil won 30-27 IMO. Absolute garbage decision.

Just look at there opponents in the last couple of fights.

Wandy

Franklin
    Rampage
    Jardine
    Liddell
    Hendo
    Cro Cop

Bisping

Kang
    Hendo
    Leben
    Day
    Captain miserable
    Evans

You have to be joking. Bisping fought two top fighters in the last 6 fights, and his career as a whole and lost both. Everyone that beat Wandy would dismantle Bisping and so would Jardine. Bisping litterly has no area where he is stronger right now, Wandy is far and away the better striker, he has much better BJJ and Bisping doesn't really have wrestling. His takedowns are not bad but he has no control. He isn't going to KO Wandy, he isn't going to sub him, the only way he wins is by throwing a jab and sprinting acorss the cage, Starnes style. Wandy won't let that happen. Bisping has no power, no submission ability, poor technique standing defending and attacking and his chin isn't great. Im not going to say he is chinny because the only questionable time he has been dropped was against Kang (Hendo has brick hands and he got a clean shot in) but his chin isn't something ridiculous like Coté, one or two shots by Wandy and its lights out for Bisping.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 pm

A Bisping takedown - can't see it going to the ground....

Bisping - Freudian Slip? 33k9j6f
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Toon, I wasn't having a go at you in any way mate. Sorry if it came across that I was.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Anfields gonna love that, I beleive he has been looking for that for a while.

Is it me or did Bisping fight on of the worst fights ever in that fight? Trying to takedown an olmpic-caliber wrestler and circling towards his powerhand! More stupid than Arvloski against Fedor, Maia against Nate and Silva against Machida.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 am

Ginginho wrote:A Bisping takedown - can't see it going to the ground....

Bisping - Freudian Slip? 33k9j6f

The funny thing about Bisping is that he has two cauliflowered ears. Normally wrestlers and BJJ guys get them from years and years of hard graft on the mats! Why Bisping has them i'll never know.

I love that takedown attempt, it's comical. Hendo actually laughed at him as he circled away!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:27 am