THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
6 posters

Eddie Alvarez vs Josh Neer

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Eddie Alvarez vs Josh Neer Empty Eddie Alvarez vs Josh Neer

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Posted it on the Calendar but no one seemed to notice! Seriously this will be a fight of the year contender if Neer can make it past the 1st round! I dont think UFC should have cut Neer, he is a very entertaining fighter, he always gives his all and puts on a shot...

Neer has won two fights this year after being cut from UFC, a 1st round sub and a 1st round TKO.

Bellator are putting their champions in Catchweight "Superfights" Presumabally so they dont have to put their title on the line! I guess this is the case as Neer is a 155er so the Catchweight wa a bit pointless...

Anyway its happening at 160lbs I think in Mach. Im really looking forward to this one.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Eddie Alvarez vs Josh Neer Empty Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Josh Neer

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:44 pm

I agree on Neer being cut being harsh I think they should have moved him to the WEC.

It will be some fight as you say the catchweight is obviously to cover their backs as having a Champion of non Latin decent in a Latin orientated based company might be difficult to promote, maybe.

I think Alvarez will win the fight but will have a few scares along the way.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Neer was just a little undersized against Gleison Tibau and Pellegrino was just boring and outwrestled him, he didnt get stopped so I think they could have kept him around... he is an exciting fighter allright.

Your totally right about the WEC, Neer could have been one of the top 155ers in the WEC, I dont see why they dont use it as a B League for Lightweight Fighters. Neer will always put on a show and is probabally top 30-50 in the world.

Eddie Alvarez will just be happy to Box with him, I think Alzarez is giving up a good bit of reach and height so I dont think he will just walk through Neer... Though Id be shocked if looses.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:30 pm

i like the idea of "super-fights".

where the reigning superfight champion fights the last year's tournament champion.

they did it in some of the old UFC events, for example at UFC 7 superfight champion ken shamrock fought UFC 6 tournament champion Oleg Taktarov.

they also do this at ADCC.

this should be an exciting fight but Alvarez is better in every area.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:57 pm

this should be a good fight hope Alvarez wins though love to see him in the ufc
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:10 pm

ID love to know how long Alvarez contract with Bellator is for? He is going to be fighting B level opponents, strange move for the number 3 ranked Lw who is 1-1 with the number 2 ranked Lw... you think he would be chasing after an Aoki rematch.

I think him and Hector Lombard are wasted at Bellator. The only good thing is that Bellator allows its fighters to compete overseas, so Dream is always an option. Alvarez has fought in Dream and Lombard has had a few recent figths in Austraila.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:24 pm

when did Alvarez beat Aoki?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Laughing Dunno were the fuck I got that from! I must have been thinking of Hellboy!!! Embarassed Alvarez really should go after big fights but the Neer fight isnt half bad, it will be a slugfest and really show his skills.

I think Lombard is really underrated, Since loosing to Mousasi... 18 fights ago he has gone undefeated. His last oppoent he beat this month was 16-7 When they fought... fairly respectable win. I wonder if taht moves him up the rankings?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Really exciting fight, I also agree Neer should not have been cut or atleast offered a contract in the WEC. He would be a top 4 guy in the LW division there with Lil Hendo, Varner and Cerrone. We would be treated to some excellent matches. I mean he only lost 2 in a row where he wasn't finished, he beat Mac Danzig and he still has a job by barely beating bums like Buccholz. Neer lost to LnP Pellingrino where Neer did more damage in about 30 seconds and he was too small for Tibau. Way too small that was ridiculous he was thrown around in that match like a sack of potatoes.

This should be an excellent match, Neer is hard to finish so its a good test for Alvarez.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:49 pm

This should be a good fight,but shit does Alverez need to win though,and to be fair he needs to do it looking good to establish he is the #3 LW in the world.I think he should no problems but if he doesn't,that would be a huge drop in the rankings for him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 am