THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
redmeanie77
efils_god
hendos_right_hook
Shanemc
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
10 posters

Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Gassed or Not if Bisping TKO's Wanderlei it will be his biggest career win. Ill Cry for days then admit Wandy is shot! Laughing

If Bisping wins Id imagine a lot of MMA websites will rate his as top 10... Ill rate him just outside the top 10 for sure.

The guys a bum though, his bullshit talk of 1 punch KO's isnt happening, Wandy only needs 1 round to put him to sleep. Wandys trainer said he is still lifting the same weights that he did when he was 205lbs. I think all this talk of him loosing power is Bollox.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym

Post  pinsman Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:37 pm

it's alright still having the power, but if Bisping gives him the run around for two rounds Wandi will be gassed... thats what i'm worried about, I would assume Bispings KO against Hendo and near KO against Kang will be a lesson learned and going into the ring with a knock out artist, will be enough to think... tire his ass out and go for the kill in the third? Thats def what I would be saying to him if I were his trainer... He just need to get Wandi working in the first two rounds and avoid a sucker punch!!

I can see, Bisping running like a scared girl but wearing him out in rd 1 and 2. Wandi tiring and Bisping taking him down in the third and just throwing punches left right and centre, and a stupid ref stopping it!! Crying or Very sad
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Their argument was that at 195 lbs, his punches werent able to drop Rich, i think for sure he wont hit as hard as when he was 210+ pounds. But I'm fearing what might happen if he doesnt get the job done in the first round tomorrow.

Did you notice Florian picking all the pride guys to lose? Laughing Maybe he is biased or maybe he really does think their opponents will be too much for them. (He thought Rothwell was still facing Crocop btw)
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Nog and Cro Cop will def win, but i'm not sold on Wandi yet, I really think he's going to gas out!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:47 pm

If Bisping wins Id imagine a lot of MMA websites will rate his as top 10... Ill rate him just outside the top 10 for sure

Yeah i agree with this. I read Bisping today said that with all the injuries at MW, if he can beat Wandi and then another solid opponent then he could get a title shot. I reckon he is probably right with that.

I think the winner of this fight should fight Nate, but Sexyama name has already been mentioned. I dont think beating Akiyama warrants a title shot though, if its Nate then probably yes.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:11 pm

I think Nate needs to prove his worth again after getting completely dominated... am I mistaken, but doesn't Nate train with GSP, if so how the fuck did he get so dominated by Sonnen???
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Nate and Sonnen might rematch as they are the top contenders? Bisping would certainly be in the Mix but Sexyama and him would need to fight, Sexyama has only 1 loss to his name you have to remember and while he hasnt dont a lot in UFC he diserves a shot over Wandy or Bisping currently.

Belfort
    Sonnen
    Marquardt
    Akiyama

Thats the fighers over Bisping/Wandy in terms of a shot, A win over Akiyama would give him a good case for a shot but Cote beating Belcher might add him to the mix... Palhares could get a good win, Reljic could get another win.

Id say the winner of Bisping/Wandy needs the Akiyama win followed by another win
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:51 pm

I must say im fearing the worst for Wandi tomorrow Crying or Very sad

Bisping putting the final nail in Wandi MMA career...... well you couldnt have written it any better

Just to let you know, im gonna blame all you guys if Bisping does win tomorrow, for all the Bisping bashing, you know hes gonna give his best ever performance and try to stick it to all of us.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Im reading a lot of negative stuff about Wandy on other sites so a little doubt is creeping into my mind. With that being said, I still 100 percent think Wandy will win this, but the longer the fight goes the more it favours Bisping. It won't last long though so no need to worry.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:23 am

i'll be pissed if wandi struggles to make weight and he gasses quickly.
    The guy has had ages to make the drop to MW and even a 195lb fight inbetween to make the transition easier,and he's had all that time that his manager said he needed to "heal his body and mind"(sort his face out) that they were talking about also,when silva and bisping were surposed to fight at UFC 105.
    I've been expecting to see this new rejuvinated MW Wandi, if his performance is effected by the weight cut,then I think that would be terrible and there is not really any excuse for it,if he can't make the weight in the amount of time he has been planning to be a MW now,(I think he 1st mentioned it not long after the rampage fight,which was what,two years ago)then he has to stay as a LHW.

Hopefully he puts on a hell of a show and sparks bisping in the 2nd rd,then we can start looking forward to another serious contender in the MW division,which is just what the division needs at the moment.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:28 am

when are the weigh ins???
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:30 am

3 am irish/uk time.

I probably would just see the results tomorrow, or watch the replay. I usually watch the weigh-in live at midnight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:05 am