THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
redmeanie77
efils_god
hendos_right_hook
Shanemc
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
10 posters

Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym Empty Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:58 pm

http://mmabay.co.uk/Video%20A%2000312.html

Unbelievable video, Just watched it twice once to watch hit train and once to read what the fighters had to say.

Its amazing the respect Fighters have for him, I think Werdum is a legend for his comments about Wanderlei and Bisping. I will Cheer for him when he fights now... Maby apart from against Fedor!

Looking at the Video Wanderlei's striking is begining to tighten up technically, Wanderlei always relied on his heavy hands and good Muay Thai but Tenchically him Boxing was loose, he always looked crisp hitting pads but now in sparring his Striking looks improved, the punches down the Middle and the guard up a bit.

Really enjoyed that Video. Wanderlei is to me what Couture is to Rogan! Laughing That guy is my Hero! I genuinley think I will cry if Bisping beats him!! Doubt ol powerpuff fists will pull out the win though!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym Empty Re: Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:24 am

great vid ben thanks for this!

Wand looks small, which is good because he struggled to make 195 at his previous size.

i like Babalu, but he has a bit of evil in him i think

Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym Renato_Sobral_Babalu

is the reason he was the only one wearing head gear because he was afraid his chin would embarrass him again? Razz

Tom Atencio took some hard shots though! affraid he is a tough guy.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym Empty Re: Wanderlei training with Babalu, Mo, Werdum at Affliction gym

Post  Shanemc Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:41 am

great video everybody has so much respect for Wand especially werdum that was a very nice thing to say all the respect in the world for him to say that and agreed ben wand is definetely looking sharp here i cant wait for saturday because i know hes going to beat bisping because it will actually kill me if bisping beats him
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Your right Ben, if one of my favorite fighters loses to my LEAST favorite fighter, I will lock myself away and cry until Bisping gets his head knocked off again.

And great share by the way, I can understand the respect they have for him. Whether it's genuine respect, or just pure fear I can't say Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 pm

I love the part Babalu says something like, Bring us the Englishmans head Wanderlei" Laughing bit over the top!

Yeah Chesty Wandy looked really small... But his Hands will still be heavy and I think he will have a lot more speed and explosivness about him.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Ditto, i'll be so gutted if Bisping wins!

How do you guys see Cro cop's fight going? I'm really not sure after his last performance where he actually looked scared. I know Rothwell is no JDS, but i'd hate to see Cro cop like that again! I think he should have retired after that loss, but timme will tell......

Thoughts?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:08 pm

If Crocop fights like he did against JDS, then he is getting hurt here, Rothwell may not be the most technical striker out there, but if you get backed up against the cage and let him swing freely at you then that is going to end badly, there is alot of power behind that 265 frame.

If the old Crocop is back like he says then this should be a breeze for Crocop to win by stoppage.

I cant wait to see what unfolds.....
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Crocop WILL be better than against JDS, Sparring with the lads at Hoost's gum is a surefire way to make you better....

Even if Crocop isnt back on form, a slight improvement to the Crocop that showed up against JDS should win this. Crocop will always have the kind of power that could Shatter Bob Sapps Melon head while wearing gloves... he is more powerfull and faster than Rothwell with some of the best Kicks around.

Unless Ol' Shaven chest has a few new tricks under his Bandana I dont see him troubling Crocop. He will need to take Crocop down and GnP him to win... cant see that... I might Change Crocop to my Trump... though If I want to win the award for most Bios poster I gotta keepy my Trump as Wandereli! Laughing
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:31 pm

I think to cement it you'd have to pick Wandy to win via KO during the stare down!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm

If Mirko fights like he did against JDS in rounds 1 and 2 then he'll win the fight by decision. If he fights like the Mirko of old, it's over in a minute.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm

efils_god wrote:I think to cement it you'd have to pick Wandy to win via KO during the stare down!

Laughing

Wanderlei Sees the Fear in Bispings Eyes... Bisping suddenly reaslies he is in over his head and fakes and Injury! Wanderlei by TKO before the fight starts! I like your thinking mate!!

Anfield Id agree, If Mirko shows up in shit form he probabally will have enough to beat Rothwell, Rothwell is a bum and really dislikeable. I saw an interview were the interviewer compared him to FEDOR! because they both dont look like fighters! Rothwell actually seemed offended! What a Prick! I think it was that comment that made him think.... "Fuck it im going to Shave my Chest and buy a Bandana... then we will see who doesnt look like a fighter" Laughing
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:56 pm

really hope Cro Cop gets the win on saturday but even if he does i still think his fighting days are over same with Wand i dont want to see either badly hurt they both have had amazing carrers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:16 pm

Wanderlei has taken Time off, healed up and is now going to be fighting guys his own size for the 1st time in a long while... I see this as a new start for Wanderlei. At his age I dont think he needs to be thinking about retiring.

Again Crocop isnt getting Knocked out left right and centre, he isnt looking old or slow, I dont see why he cant revive his career if he sorts his head out and trains right.

Wanderlei is 33 and Mirko 35.. Its not like they are too old to compete, Both are still in incredible physical shape and its not like they are like Liddell and party night and day. In Wanderleis case anyway he has really stepped up his traing regime and is regularly training with some of the top fighters in the world.

I think by the end of the year Wanderlei is going to be a solid top 10 Mw. And I think Crocop will be top 10 Hw. Im expecting Wanderlei to look a new man at 185lbs and im expecting Mirko to look a little more like his old self (Although he is far too small to get the Title I think)
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Rothwell is a terrible fighter, I really don't like him. Hope Cro Cop kicks the shit out of him.

I just saw UFC countdown, Wandy is going to murder Bisping, nothing against Bisping but Wandy looks in great shape. He has trained the hardest for his easiest fight in a long time, since before the second Cro Cop fight. Wandy by KO round 2.

I have no idea about the Velasquez Nog fight though, no idea whats going to happen.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Silva on Bisping...

"I thought I had a great match last time, but I don’t just want to put on good performances – I want to win fights. I badly want a victory and I want a victory Wanderlei Silva-style. I have fought everybody in mixed martial arts. I am not scared to fight anybody. Michael Bisping doesn’t scare me. How can Bisping scare me? I’ve traded punches with the best fighters in the world. Nobody can make me afraid. Every day people come up to me and say ‘Bisping has been saying this and Bisping has been saying that’. I think the reason Bisping is talking a lot is because the guy is afraid. My weight has come down great, I’ve maintained my muscle and I’m going to put Bisping in real trouble."
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:25 am

At least Bisping will get to see some sights while he's in Australia. The Opera house, the harbour bridge, the lights in the ceiling of The Acer Arena, things of that nature.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:27 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:At least Bisping will get to see some sights while he's in Australia. The Opera house, the harbour bridge, the lights in the ceiling of The Acer Arena, things of that nature.

Laughing Laughing haha Classic!!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:25 pm

"Wand looks small, which is good because he struggled to make 195 at his previous size"

Wanderlei has said he woke up today weighing 89 kgs, so thats about 5 kg more he needs to cut by saturday. So thats about 11 pounds he needs to drain off.

I dont know much about fighters methods and range of cutting weight so soon before the fight, but that to me seems alot of weight to cut in short space of time.

But he seems confident he can do great in this fight and in this weight division, so im not sure what to think.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Is 5 Kg really that much? I don't know, I have a very bizzare and superfast metabilism, so I unknowingly lose 5 Kgs when im trying to gain weight!

It shouldn't be a problem though, bit of running, bit of Sauna and it should come off easily. This is something Wandy needs to work on after the Bisping fight if he wants to go back to the top. He needs to work on his actual conditioning and weight, I think when he trains all he cares about is sparring and training for the actual fight, but to have a long career you need to work on other things as well.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 pm

5kg ~ 11 lbs and is tough to cut in 1.5 days i think, but i have no experience of it.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 pm

We saw that he messed up the weight cut for UFC 99, i think Ben knows how much weight he had to cut in that time.

Here is the video of him saying he is 89 kg.....

http://www.mmalinker.com/videos/view/28734/UFC_110Wanderlei_Silva_feels_comfortable_fighting_at_185lbs

He also says that he will fight at 205 if Dana asks him too.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:39 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:5kg ~ 11 lbs and is tough to cut in 1.5 days i think, but i have no experience of it.

Weight cutting is just horrible. No matter the amount or the time. 11 lbs in a day and a half is really really tough though. I say a guy cut 20lbs in 42 hours once, he ended up in hospital for like a week!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Did anyone watch MMA Live yesterday? Florian and the other guy reckon Wandi has messed up this weight cut again, both predict Bisping to win in 2nd or 3rd as they think Wandi will gas at this weight.

Florian also said that he heard that Wandi refused to do a mock weight cut in the build up to the fight.

I'm looking forward to the weigh-ins tonight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Shit ive a bad feeling Wanderlei isnt going to do well cutting the weight... he was 196lbs or something they said on MMA live. I hope he doesnt balls up the weight but. Makes me wonder if he is better just staying at 205lbs were he would feel fresher for the fight
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:15 pm

All this talk of cutting is giving the feelin Wandi might gas...? and in a bad way how good would a TKO or UD of Wandi look on Bispings record, future champ talk would start up again...Was reading the Daily Star today and he's talking crap in there, and yesterday the paper was saying Wandi stands in the way of his "title hopes".

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:21 pm