THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
pinsman
The_Axe_Emperor
ChelseaQuinsfan
payneNglory1
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
efils_god
Moose Stuff For Money...
12 posters

Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos Empty Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos Empty Re: Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Last edited by Moose Stuff For Money... on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos Empty Re: Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:44 pm

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Spoiler:
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:26 pm

watch the fights in order if you don't want the other fights spoiled by the commentary

meaning Kyle vs Bigfoot, Lawler vs Lindland, Smith vs Daley, Hendo vs Babalu (in that order)
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Great card! Only the Radach fight was a bit boring but OSP looked impressive. The other 4 fights were great. The KOs we saw last night make the Fighters Only KO of the year award going to Shogun look like a complete joke.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:22 pm

That was like an extended highlight reel of vicious KO's,great fun to watch.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Anyone else want to see Daley vs Lawlor at a catchweight??
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:38 pm

That would be a very short war,but would be great fun while it lasted.

I was impressed with Daley last night,which was great,since he's looked crap in his last few performances,not only was it a fantastic KO but he impressed me with his patience,movement and timing.
    It really helped his game,knowing he had to respect his opponents punching power.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:59 pm

agreed. he stepped away when Smith attacked but was always looking to counter, which is what led to the KO.

Daley says he wants Noons next and I think Lawlor will get Kennedy next. Those are two great fights and I think the winners of both will get title shots.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Very fun card, some sick finishes.

I was gutted for Kyle, I thought he had could go on and win. He was at a massive size disadvantage and that affected him. His ground game is still severely lacking as well. I think he should stick to LHW, he has a win over Feijao and could so well there. Maybe a fight with OSP or Antwain Britt. For Big foot, I think he should fight Sergei. He still isn't quite a top HW yet, Overoid or Fedor would have KTFO of him yesterday. Possibly a fight with Rogers.

Awesome KO by Lawlor, but wtf was Lindland thinking? Good win for Lawlor, Kennedy sounds like the best option.

Daley's KO was brilliant as well. He has crazy power. I really think he can the title at 170. He should beat Noons and then he deserves a shot at Diaz. I like Diaz but its not a good fight for him. Diaz doesn't have very good take downs and I think standing up he could be in trouble.

Hendo's power is just insane. Babalu was doing quite well till he went for the take down but then got murdered. I think Hendo should fight Feijao next, I'd pick him to win.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos Erbxfl

Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos 2ueplsi

Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu Videos 2dvu4g6
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Haha i love how Lawler positions Lindland's feet so carefully before getting up. Didn't notice before!!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 pm

That Daley- Smith KO is fucking brilliant. Daley is an absolutely devastating striker.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:09 am

If Daley spent 6 months with Chuck Liddell learning how to defend takedowns and how to get back to your feet if you do get taken down, he could be a top 3 WW and possibly the number 1.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:45 am

Why cant the UFC put fights on like that?!?!?!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:58 am

Because they focus more on putting on relevant fights.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:31 am

yeah because Maia vs Grove and Bonnar vs Poor Mans CroCop were relevant fights. Good lad.

Daley vs Smith - winner becomes a contender at WW
    Lawlor vs Lindland - winner becomes a contender at MW
    Big Foot vs Kyle - helps Big Foot stay active and keeps him in contention at HW.
    Hendo vs Babalu - number 1 contenders fight between top 10 guy and ex-champ.

Which of these fights was not relevant? And which of the UFC fights were relevant??
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:42 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:yeah because Maia vs Grove and Bonnar vs Poor Mans CroCop were relevant fights. Good lad.

Daley vs Smith - winner becomes a contender at WW
    Lawlor vs Lindland - winner becomes a contender at MW
    Big Foot vs Kyle - helps Big Foot stay active and keeps him in contention at HW.
    Hendo vs Babalu - number 1 contenders fight between top 10 guy and ex-champ.

Which of these fights was not relevant? And which of the UFC fights were relevant??

I see you are conveniently picking from this weekends cards only.

You know i'm not knocking Strikeforce because i love the fights they put on but sometimes you cant deny that they're solely for entertainment purposes, as opposed to relevance.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 am

whatt??

strikeforce fights including the likes of Daley vs Smith may not be relevant if it was in the UFC, but it is relevant to the SF welterweight division.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:58 am

that strikeforce event was very entertaining. i enjoyed the whole card.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:43 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:whatt??

strikeforce fights including the likes of Daley vs Smith may not be relevant if it was in the UFC, but it is relevant to the SF welterweight division.

Exactly. Every fight they make is made with the consideration of how it affects their rankings. That they continue to put on exciting cards is down to have the best match-makers in the sport.

And King, I can pick ANY UFC card and most of the fights are not relevant.

123:
    Penn vs Hughes was not relevant AT ALL and was made for nostalgia sake.
    George S vs Lauzon was not relevant AT ALL and did nothing for either fighter.
    Brown vs Foster was not relevant and just made to fill out the card
    Munoz vs Simpson was the same as Brown-Foster

Davis was given a can to help build himself up which is fair enough.

Machida-Rampage and Harris-Falcao were the only relevant fights on that card.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:whatt??

Exactly. Every fight they make is made with the consideration of how it affects their rankings. That they continue to put on exciting cards is down to have the best match-makers in the sport.

And King, I can pick ANY UFC card and most of the fights are not relevant.

123:
    Penn vs Hughes was not relevant AT ALL and was made for nostalgia sake.
    George S vs Lauzon was not relevant AT ALL and did nothing for either fighter.
    Brown vs Foster was not relevant and just made to fill out the card
    Munoz vs Simpson was the same as Brown-Foster

Davis was given a can to help build himself up which is fair enough.

Machida-Rampage and Harris-Falcao were the only relevant fights on that card.

Wouldn't say Harris/Falcao was particularly relevant either...
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Or on the other hand they are only signing people who will bring excitment to the cage?

UFC is over ridden with wrestlers and they are so boring! with the exception of a few!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:09 am