THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
Hank Scorpio
Admin
8 posters

StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout

Admin
    Admin

StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout Empty StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout

Post  Admin Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:48 am

Admin
    Admin

StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout Empty How much of a force would he be in the UFC?

Post  Admin Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Mousasi look superb last night against Babalu. I've always rated him really highly and I'd love to see Dana sign him for the UFC to fight Machida or Silva.
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout Empty Re: StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout

Post  Hank Scorpio Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:45 pm

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout Empty Re: StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:03 pm

What a beatdown! Brutal ground and pound, you can tell he trains with Fedor! The accuracy and power behind those punches was impressive!! Mousasi is easily a top 10 Lhw. I had him as number 2 Mw when he left the Devision and after taking out Babalu who was I think 9th he surely has to be a ranked Lhw now!

For such a young guy he has beatten Babalu, Mark Hunt, Ronaldo Souza, Melvin Manhoef, Denis Kang and Cyborg Santos all withing the 1st round!! The guy is a killer, I think he will be hard to stop in Strikeforces weak Lhw devision, The only guy with a shot outside UFC is Little Nog, I hope they set that fight up!! Or if Arona looks fantastic in Brazil maby try to sign him as well. The devision currently has no depth in strikeforce
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout Empty **Spoiler**

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:06 pm

http://mmalinker.com/viewer/19794/i/StrikeForce__Mike_Kyle_vs_Fabricio_Werdum.html

Werdum back down to 228lbs, Glad to see him making the effort he has in terrible shape against Dos Santos. I hear he is being lined up now along with Rogers as a potential Fedor opponent! At least Ricco isnt a sure thing! thats good news! Werdum is a solid top 15 heavy, his groundgame is great but I dont see what he brings to the table that Nog didnt.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:07 pm

great performance, it hurt to see one of my favourite fighters out cold with his eyes wide open though.

SF doesnt seem to have many challengers to the belt though, nor does DREAM.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:09 pm

yes good to see Werdum back in shape, he would be the best opponent for fedor after overeem, as for what he brings to the table that nog didnt' ... a better groundgame? Nog refused to engage with him on the ground afterall.

btw if you want to put spoilers you can do it like this;

[.spoiler][./spoiler]

Spoiler:

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Mousasi looked great last night that ground and pound was amazing the power and accuracy in his punch's was very impressive and poor gina she got a bad beatdown Cyborg is an animal didnt give gina a second but it looked about midway through the first round gina gassed dont no whats up with that anyway brutal stoppage in the end for cyborg also good win for werdum last night my heart was in my mouth when i thought he was trapped in the armbar but used his jj to escape and finished with a nice gullitine hopefully he fight rogers next and the winner of that gets a shot at fedor after overeem will really give a proper number one contender the winner of that. i heard the commentater say that they on the verge of signing kharintonov that would be a good acquistion to there roster and make some good match ups anyway good event dont think any of the fights on the main went to a decision looking forward to there next event anyway and finally getting to see fedor fight again even if its against ricco rodriquez
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

StrikeForce - August 15 - Babalu Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi - Light heavyweight Title bout Empty Melendez vs Ishida

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:15 pm

http://mmalinker.com/search/zero/MR/2/20/40/mr/19795/i/Gilbert_Melendez_vs_Mitsuhiro_Ishida.html

Im just about to watch this one, I dont know what happened yet... I heard about Gina, I really fully expected to hear she got KO'd I dont think good looks were going to save her against a woman who makes the williams sisters seem sute and feminine!! I dont know if I can even bring myself to watch the fight!!

Anyone got a link to the Jay Hieron fight or any of the undercard fights?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:42 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Hey 606ers, first post!

Wow, very impressive by Mousasi, he looked very good. I think he is definitley a top 10 LHW now. Id love to see him in the UFC, but I doubt it. If Dana is smart he will do it quick so he doesn't get a repeat of the Fedor situation. Felt sorry for Babalu, he was out.
    Fedorable
    Fedorable
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Fedorable Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Wow. Gegard certainly looked fantastic. I reckon he would be a test for anyone at LHW now.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Anyone else think Mousasi looked fairly small? Babalu is a small LHW and he was the bigger man. I'd prefer to see Mousasi at MW to be honest, he'd have more of a chance to be number 1 in that division that he see at LHW I think.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 pm

He didn't look too small, I think he is a very lanky dude so he looks skinny. However he is quite tall, and Ben posted in another post showing Mousasi bigger than Fedor. MW outside the UFC is more competitive than LHW so maybe thats a reason.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:47 pm

He's taller than Fedor. He's about 6'2. But he's not bigger than Fedor. As in broadness and thickness. He looked a bit chuppy in the SuperHulk(best name for a tournament ever!) tournament because he gained the weight in a hurry. His frame reminds me a bit of Vitor Belfort.

I thought Babalu looked bigger than him, and i've always felt Babalu should be at MW.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:01 am

Personally I've never seen him as a big guy, thats why I was shocked when he talked about HW. I suppose he knows his body better than anyone, he is 24 now and getting bigger so maybe he feels like 185 is too much of a cut. Babalu never got the chance to show he was the bigger fighter, I couldn't really see an advantage for either fighter. But, Babalu is small LHW and Mousasi certainly didn't look bigger so he is probably small for LHW. I think we will find out when he fights a Ryan Bader-sized fighter and see if he gets ragdolled (or as I know like to call it, Nelsoned). Sokudju is a pretty sizeable LHW so that could give us an indicater.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:04 am

Ryan Bader is massive! I'd like to see him beside Forrest, i reckon those two must be the biggest LHW around.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:24 am

Mousasi only made two thousand dollars for this fight wtf theres is something wrong here
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:26 am

Ryan Bader is massive! I'd like to see him beside Forrest, i reckon those two must be the biggest LHW around.

Ye Bader is enormous, absolutely huge. He could be a big HW. I think he is bigger than Forrest in terms of mucsle. I think he is more henched than him. Forrest is taller. Jones is also huge, appararntley he has a reach advanatge on Lesner.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:33 am

Shanemc wrote:Mousasi only made two thousand dollars for this fight wtf theres is something wrong here

That can't be right.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:39 am

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:44 am

Maybe a mistake, he should atleast of gotten 20 000. maybe its because no one in the US knew him. Either way very unfair.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:39 am