THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+13
WAYNEEBCFC
ChelseaQuinsfan
MMA
George_Louis_Costanza@who
manschesthair_utd
james_hampton
pinsman
Moose Stuff For Money...
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
hendos_right_hook
the_king
redmeanie77
17 posters

Tatame: Belfort is injured and is out of UFC 112 !

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Tatame: Belfort is injured and is out of UFC 112 ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tatame: Belfort is injured and is out of UFC 112 !

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 am

Welcome to the Armbar!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers bounce

Jones/Anderson would be a great fight, but i think Jones/Vera is pretty much set in stone, it is not very far away and both guys are probably in training camps.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Tatame: Belfort is injured and is out of UFC 112 ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tatame: Belfort is injured and is out of UFC 112 !

Post  the_king Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:44 am

ben tell me what site u got that pic from i wanna use it for something
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:47 am

james_hampton wrote:One idea would be for Anderson to move up to LHW and fight Jon Jones and for someone like matt hamill to fight brandon Vera. Think that would make 2 cracking fights.

Welcome to the armbar mate! I think if this fight had been cancelled a month ago those two fights would have been great and makeable. But Vera-Bones is pretty soon and they've sold tickets based on it. Vera-Hamill wouldn't sell as well.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 am

Dana has confirmed that Anderson will defend his title at 112. Sonnen is obvious choice if he's healthy. But im fearing an Okami rematch coming up, or possibly Palhares/Sexyama.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:03 am

I can't see Sonnen (R) fighting Silva in early April I think medically it could be near impossible Dana should give James Toney a ring Wink

Hard to figure out who could get the call Franklin III would be pointless, Couture at 205 just as much, Sexyama would be great but and probably the only option but i'd like to see him fight another contender 1st.....erm a rematch with Cote and Belcher rematching Sexyama ?

I think it will be Jeremy Horn in the end though Laughing
    MMA
    MMA
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  MMA Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:12 pm

On MMA Live it said that Chael Sonnen has started training incase of an injury to either Silva or Belfort. Could happen! Whether Sonnen is 100% is debatable.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:44 pm

This is shit news, fuck. I think right now Sonnen is the most likely canditate because he is already training for that fight. Im not sure who else there is at 185.

Unfortunatley GSP is fighting Hardy at UFC 111, Alves is fighting at 111 and most of the LHW's are occupied.

When is Coté fighting Belcher? If he wins quickly he could be an option because he never truley lost there fight.

What about Gorian Reljic?
    WAYNEEBCFC
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  WAYNEEBCFC Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:00 pm

was really looking forward to this,sad news.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Apparently Dan Severn only has 3 other fights booked for that weekend so would be able to make it if given the call!!

People might think that a weight cut for the beast would be a problem, but in actual fact his moustache is pure steel and weighs in the region of 80lbs. Luckily for Dan he's so manly that if he shaved it off for the weigh in it would be back to its former glory by fight time cheers
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 pm

I think Sonnen would take this fight, and i think the UFC would make him a huge offer to accept.

Whats to stop him from training even if suspended?
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:52 pm

There don't seem any viable options for Middleweight, Sonnen I suppose should get the shot if he is not suspended, other than that it would have to be a LH??

Rashad or Jardine?
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Tatame: Belfort is injured and is out of UFC 112 ! - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  Raiden Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:33 pm

No way!!!

I was really looking forward to this fight

Sonnen is the only one that makes sense at MW I reckon. But there's not much time.

I dont see much point in the Randy fight.

Ah bollox anyway!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:56 pm

It will be an anderson show though if he fights Sonnen, he'll destroy him. Anderson needs to fight a real warrior that will take the fight to him, I thought Forrest would have had the minerals to worry him, but we all know how that went. I see only Belfort at MW that can trouble him...
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Tatame: Belfort is injured and is out of UFC 112 ! - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  Raiden Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 pm

I've been very impressed by Chael Sonnen and not just in his last fight.

Anderson Silva is probably my favourite fighter and I wouldn't take the treat from Sonnen too lightly.

He's definatly the number one contender for the Middleweight Title now that Vitor is sidelined.

The Randy fight is appealing to me a bit more now that I think about it.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:35 am

How about Demian Maia? Only one loss, probably never likely to win this but credible enough for the UFC to put up against Silva. Wouldn't really be likely given how he lost to Nate though.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am

Ginginho wrote:How about Demian Maia? Only one loss, probably never likely to win this but credible enough for the UFC to put up against Silva. Wouldn't really be likely given how he lost to Nate though.

genius!
    why didnt anyone else think of that?

p.s.
    https://thearmbar.forumotion.com/mma-forum-f1/maia-to-face-anderson-silva-t708.htm

Tatame: Belfort is injured and is out of UFC 112 ! - Page 2 Two%20thumbs%20up
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:37 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Ginginho wrote:How about Demian Maia? Only one loss, probably never likely to win this but credible enough for the UFC to put up against Silva. Wouldn't really be likely given how he lost to Nate though.

genius!
    why didnt anyone else think of that?

p.s.
    https://thearmbar.forumotion.com/mma-forum-f1/maia-to-face-anderson-silva-t708.htm

Yeah I know I saw that after i had posted - the Armbar is usually the first place I look for MMA stuff and I tend to read the oldest stuff first - was just surprised he hasn't been mentioned in this thread Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:28 pm