THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Strikeforces 20 and Dream 12

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Strikeforces 20 and Dream 12 Empty Strikeforces 20 and Dream 12

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:17 am

Anyone heard any good Rumours on it? Ive heard this so far

Fedor is headlining (Ricco Rodriguez confirmed he is in talks to be the opponent)
    Matt Lindland is expected to return on this card.
    Jake Sheilds is rumoured to be fighting Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza

I havnt heard anything else,

Id expect that Brett Rogers or Overeem will fight on this card, Possibly against each other though if Coker wants to build up Fedor vs Overeem by meaking them beat Cans he may want to give Overeem someone with a worse chance of KOing him and spoiling the Fedor fight.

Now I suppose we could see Fedor vs Rogers, Ricco being in talks doesnt mean he is the only guy who is in talks. Rogers said he would take the fight when Affliction fell apart so Id say Fedor vs Rogers is also a possibility although I think the Ricco fight will happen so he can add another "UFC champ" to his CV and make sure his 1st fight isnt a loss!!

If Paulo Filho wins at Bitetti Combat ive heard he could replace Jacare at Dream 12 in a fight for the Dream Mw belt Mousasi vicated. Jason Mayhem Miller would still be the opponent.

Ive also read somewere that Sakuraba is going to fight at Dream 12 and that they are in talks to have some of the bigger Strikeforce fighters come over for the event... Which is rumoured to be in a Cage or a different type of Ring...

But with it being in the same month as Strikeforce 20 you can bet Fedor wont fight on both!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Strikeforces 20 and Dream 12 Empty Re: Strikeforces 20 and Dream 12

Post  Shanemc Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:43 am

please god dont let the rumour about fedor vs ricco be true i dont see a point in it apart from them trying to build fedor up but come on at least get him a fight with a guy like monson or rogers to set up the match with Overeem or Werdum

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:58 pm