THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Arturo Gatti highlight

Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Arturo Gatti highlight Empty Arturo Gatti highlight

Post  Shanemc Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:31 pm

I no alot here like myself are huge Gatti(RIP) fans i saw this highlight and thought use would like to see it really shows gatti's heart and never quit attitude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI-z8c3HoQA
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Arturo Gatti highlight Empty Re: Arturo Gatti highlight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:23 am

Legendary post Mate, thanks very much for sharing, Emotional stuff to see Gatti fight again. I remember towards the tail end of his career he would take inhuman beatings, his face a mess and his wife screaming for them to stop it. Reall hard to watch, I dont think ive ever forgiven Mayweather for beating him.

Gatti was the Jake Lamotta of our generation for sure. His fights with Ward were better than Frazier vs Ali for me.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:29 am

Was just going to mention Ward-Gatti! What wars! Up there with Hearns-Hagler, Leonard-Duran, Hagler-Duran, Barrera-PacMan, Barrera-Morales and PacMan-Morales.

Really looking forward to the biopic of Ward as it happens.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:40 am

Mee too mate, Wards story is going to be great. Brad Pitt was suppose to play his Brother Dickie whats his face... MArk Walberg is still Ward though, he looks the part. Who is palying Gatti? The Sonny Liston film with Ving Rhames was scrapped, apparently it was Bollox, not true to life at all had Sonny Shooting up and all. got a very negetave reaction and Im glad it did... Im a big Liston fan too.

For me Gatti vs Ward was the best Trilogy ever and I think the 1st fight was probabally the best Boxing match of all time, Shocking heart and punch output on display. If you want to get someone into MMA show them a Crocop Highligh, If you want to get someone into Boxing Gatti vs Ward will do the trick!

I was going to buy the Hearns/SRL/Hagler/Duran Dvd I hear its a good watch. Seen all the fights, Massive Duran fan and Hagler as well. Two of the best p4p boxers ever.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:08 am

Buy that dvd mate! it's a great collectors item.

I'd have Ward-Gatti just after Barrera-Morales as a trilogy but it's close! Really close!

Christian Bale is playing Ward's brother Dickie Eklund now. Haven't heard who's playing Gatti
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:27 am

I got every Ring Magizine fight of the year since 1960 to 2000 on DVD... was a great buy, they are all coppied and in plastic sleeves but the guy did it for a 5er! The Barerra vs Moralles and Hagler vs Hearns fights and all are on there.

Shit Pitt out and Bale in! Ah well ive a good feeling about it anyway were overdue a good boxing movie, Rocky Balboa and Cinderella man were good shows.

I read there was a Rocky Marciano Film... And theres a Jack Johnson film were James Earl Jones plays him!! Id be intereted to see that! I read a really interesting article on 606 that said that Jack Johnson had fought Jack Dempsey in an underground fight (think when Johnson was on the run or something)
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:35 am

I much prefer Bale to Pitt, Bale is one of my favourite actors. Think this film will be great.

I love boxing films, except for the last two Rockys!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 am

Rocky Balboa was a great show! Shocked Lets never speak of the Rocky Film that came between Rocky 4 and Balboa, I just like to pretend it never happened! Laughing

Speaking of Films, have you seen the Sherlock Holmes film? Best scraps ive seen in ages, I think Its Rocky Road to Dublin Playing and he is in a bareknuckle fight he even hits a teep in!! worth a watch even if Jude Law is in it!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:43 am

I've heard it great, i've got a copy downloaded, excellent quality by all accounts but haven't watched it.

I must watch Balboa again, i thought it was poor the first time around.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:05 am

Theres your sunday afternoon sorted! Sherlock Holmes is worth a watch! Very Happy

Aye Balboa was a really good show, the fights were so well done and some of the lines were epic, When he get dropped "What is it you told the kid? Its not how much beating you can dish out... Its about how much beating you can take and keep getting back up again" He gets up with his face looking like Gatti ready to go with Visions of Micky screaming at him "Run this Bum down!!" Seriously Epic stuff.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:13 am

Im going to watch it right now

http://www.videoweed.com/file/4b53216aac7c2

Embarassed

Pretty quite friday night for me, i dont know what i would do without this website.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:20 am

Haha I know mate, Its a good Show... Videoweed also fits in well with my Friday night in! alien drunken Check out the opening fight scene, Ive it playing in the Background now...

Red ive sorted the Sticky thing, I think I need to post the Article so ill copy and paste it for you.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:30 am

Micky Ward is one of my favourite boxers of all time so I have to love Gatti as well. There Trilogy was absolutely maginificant, pure class. So much determination and heart from both guys, never understand how Ward took that Gatti punch in there second fight and never understand the countless beatings Gatti took and survived.

Thanks for sharing, great vid.

While were on the topic, I loved Rocky! 1,2,3,4 and Balboa anyway Laughing I thought the last one was pretty good but nothing like the original ones.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:23 pm