THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
rudeboyben84
Moose Stuff For Money...
KJGould
7 posters

Dana White gets owned in new highlight video

KJGould
    KJGould
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Dana White gets owned in new highlight video Empty Dana White gets owned in new highlight video

Post  KJGould Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:20 am

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

We kind of already knew Dana is a salesman first and foremost, but this just blatently exposes Dana's word has to be taken with a pinch of salt the almost everytime he opens his mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iNBvxo4tKI

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dana White gets owned in new highlight video Empty Re: Dana White gets owned in new highlight video

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:34 am

Laughing Class video. Bring on Kimbo v Faber!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Dana White gets owned in new highlight video Empty Re: Dana White gets owned in new highlight video

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:13 am

Fantastic post really enjoyed that mate! Welcome back!! cheers Id take the bet that Penn puts him away inside a min 30!! What about Kimbo and Houston gassing after 5 mins or cirling each other? serious thats a light warmup in most Gyms! Laughing

Kimbo's next fight shows he is going to get an easy a time as possible! Dana talks shocking amounts of shit! Especitally when he couldnt give a straight answer about wether or not Kimbo would fight in the UFC! He got a UFC contract after going 0-1 and lapping out of another fight! Fuck me at least Andy Wang fought twice! Laughing Andy Wang > Kimbo Slice!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:34 am

The "these guys are tired" comments from Rogan were dubbed over it. they were actually from the end of the 3rd round.

Great post though kj. Dana is so full of shit. I've heard a rumour that Kimbo got a HUGE bonus after TUF finished on TV because of the ratings.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Laughing

That was fucking hilarious, I never noticed how many cliffhangers they had for Kimbo on TUF. What Bullshit.

Dana caused this problem for himself by insulting Kimbo at an incredible amount. Why? I know ElitXCrap were pulling some bullshit but they were always going to fail and the UFC were always going to get him.

I do think BJ Penn would beat Kimbo in about 30 seconds. Possibly Faber as well.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:37 pm

"Kimbo's a fighter. I know he's a fighter. He fights"

No shit, really?

Great video, just shows how business based UFC has become. Suppose its an inevitable result of huge expansion?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:25 pm

I love the bit at the end about the Vince McMahon business model. It's clear that Dana is following it!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:39 pm

This is why i tell people not to take notice of Dana's comment about non-UFC fighters.......

This Kimbo thing is very good example, but also another good example is Arona situation. Here is Dana's comments about Arona few years ago

"“I don’t think I have been worried about Arona beating everybody. Didn’t Arona just loose? I think Arona just lost recently. There’s no reason I have been like: “Oh God Arona could beat everybody”, or… You know, if I thought Arona was gonna beat everybody he would be here right now”, said White, who already revealed who he’d like to face in a MMA fight. “I’d fight Arona first because I think he sucks"

http://www.mmaforreal.com/2009/4/16/839946/quoteworthy-dana-white-thinks

I bet you anything, that in a few months when Arona get healthy and officaly announces his first UFC fight, we will get Dana saying, this guy is the real deal, Pride legend..... , can beat any top 205......

Evil or Very Mad

This his Dana style, blast anything thats not his, show zero respect to people outside UFC, I'm not saying he should wear a Fedor is p4p no.1 shirt or anything, but atleast show respect or say nothing if you have nothing good to say at all. Instead of looking like an idiot afterwards when you do sign them.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:47 pm

"i think Arona just lost recently"

Arona hadn't fought in TWO years AT that time. It shows how ignorant Dana is and how little he knows about MMA.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Dana's all talk and probably doesn't believe half of what he says. For most casual MMA fans though The UFC is MMA so if Dana rubbishes a fighter not competing in the promotion they'll likely accept what he says as the truth.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Moose is right and to be honest it works.

Dana with his comments alienates the hardcore fans like us with his bullshit. However causual fans take everything he says and beleive it. For example, my friend recently got into MMA and is basically a UFC fanboy. When I mentioned Fedor, his reponse was "No, Dana said he was shit and he doesn't fight in the UFC so he can't be one of the best in the world." Laughing

Im teaching him slowly about the world of MMA (He thought Hong-Man Choi and Bob Sapp were world class fighters) and told him most of Dana's talk is bullshit but it just goes to show you how naive the casual fans are and how easily they can be manipulated. Unfortuanatley we can't tell every MMA fan what really is going on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:14 am