THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Bulldog67
Moose Stuff For Money...
hendos_right_hook
pinsman
redmeanie77
9 posters

Renzo Gracie- "Rolles performance was embarrasing"

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Renzo Gracie- "Rolles performance was embarrasing" Empty Renzo Gracie- "Rolles performance was embarrasing"

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:46 am

"It was embarrasing", lamented the legendary fighter/coach. "I can tell you he wasn't in that bad of shape. Fact is the nerves drained him of his energy. His stand up and ground work looked bad, nothing at all like he was doing in training leading up to the fight and it was if he couldn't hear what I was telling him. I think the pressure he put on himself overwhelmed him." He'll learn and be back."

http://graciefighter.com/?page=news&PHPSESSID=328747cdcddcb5aac2ca7235574cc3bb

I think he should be given another chance, not that i buy into the excuse that him being nervous drained him. But he should learn from what he did wrong in the build up to this, and try to improve his conditioning more. Im not sure what Dana will do to be honest.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Renzo Gracie- "Rolles performance was embarrasing" Empty Re: Renzo Gracie- "Rolles performance was embarrasing"

Post  pinsman Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:59 pm

The guys a gracie, he'll get another pop i'm sure!
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Renzo Gracie- "Rolles performance was embarrasing" Empty Re: Renzo Gracie- "Rolles performance was embarrasing"

Post  hendos_right_hook Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:02 pm

I thought about this today, would Al Turk have beaten him???

YES.

Therefore he does not deserve another chance.
    lol!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Al Turk would have looked good! Razz affraid Razz
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Al-Turk would have beat him. Sad

Beltran reckons Rolles never wanted to fight...

Obviously, I know that guy didn't want to fight. I felt bad. I mean, I didn't -- I do feel a little bad for him. Before the fight even happened, he didn't seem like a guy who wants to fight. He doesn't have it in his heart. He's kind of being pushed into it because he's a Gracie. I almost feel bad for the guy because he had so much pressure going into that fight, but it's business. I know I was brought in there to lose so I had to ruin their plans. It is what it is.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/02/11/joey-beltran-i-feel-a-little-bad-for-rolles-gracie/
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Do ya think Renzo will be up on mastermind answerin questions on 'statin the bleedin obvious' (along with sybil fawlty)
    WAYNEEBCFC
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  WAYNEEBCFC Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Al Turk must be gutted,anyone know why he coudnt get a visa?
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Renzo is now saying Rolles fought with a broken foot!!!

That is probably the best excuse for shit stand up and even shitter cardio in the history of the world!!!!!!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:57 pm

i actually hope hope Rolles fights in the ufc again its good to have a Gracies fighting no matter how bad they are and you never know Renzo could be telling the truth and he will look amazing in his next fight
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:11 pm

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:28 pm

I was interested before,because he was a Gracie but after that performance,I have zero interest in seeing a him stumbling around a UFC cage.

I think he needs to get some fights under his belts in a smaller org first,he obviuosly has a great ground game but he has got so much more to work on before he should of signed for the UFC.

I would like to believe it was just a bad night and the occasion was the reason his cardio dumped him but cardio didn't seem to be his only problem did it,I think it's just a case of him just not being good enough yet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:35 am