THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
payneNglory1
hendos_right_hook
ChelseaQuinsfan
7 posters

Worst performance/Biggest dissapointment of UFC 109?-Prelem fights

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Worst performance/Biggest dissapointment of UFC 109?-Prelem fights Empty Worst performance/Biggest dissapointment of UFC 109?-Prelem fights

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:33 pm

UFC 109 certainly had some terrible performances and some really disspointing, some had both which one was the worst?

Il start with a favourite of mine, I was really dissapointed in Maurquardt. I expected better takedown defense from him but to be fair, it was Sonnen's best performance of his career. Still Nate was at his best and I don't know if he choked, or just had a bad fight but still dissapointing. It wasn't what I call a bad performance because he hurt Sonnen worst than Sonnen hurt him and came closer to finishing with two Guillotines, the but and the GnP in the last round. I was very pissed off after this fight but Drogba made things a little better for me Very Happy

Trigg was absolute shit, he is probably getting cut now. If he doesn't, id like to see him fight Baroni. Not much to say, his striking just looked awful.

Danzig vs Bucholz was a boring fight, both guys should be released. Bucholz was brought in as a jobber plain and simple and Danzig couldn't even finish him. Danzig has nothing good about his game, any decent LW will beat him. Danzig-The LW division IS very stacked, but not because of guys like you and Bucholz.

Guillard vs Torres was dissapointing because Guillard didn't knock his head off, its just what I expect with Guillard. Either way Guillard is a very good fighter IMO and can be a threat in the LW division. Training with Jackson will help his overall game and its good for Guillard if he learns something about the ground game. His striking is very good and he has loads of power.

Phillipe Nover Laughing So much for being the LW A Silva/GSP Laughing Emerson lives to fight another day but he can't be far from being released himself, im suprised they kept him after loosing to Dos Anjos. Emerson vs Danzig is a logical choice next.

Hauge vs Tush I was told was an absolute abysmal fight, so I didn't bother watching it. Thanks for coming Hauge. I hope Tusch gets better from now on, apparantley he got Kneed in the balls again. Unlucky man.

My biggest dissapointment howver and IMO the worst performance of the night , even more so than Coleman was Rolled Gracie Jnr. Part of the Legendery Gracie family, a second degree blackbelt in BJJ, a third degree blackbelt in Judo, 3-0 and all submissions. What a prospect right?

Apparantley not, his cardio was fucking disgusting to put it bluntly and he lost to a cage rage level fighter, really dissapointed. Rolles should get cut for that shit he pulled, he was given a jobber and lost. AWFUL, ABYSMAL, SHIT cardio, there are not enough words to explain how bad it was. Seriously when Gracie was finished, I seriously think Beltran's punches didn't do shit, Gracie was so tired he passed out. Really, Really shocking and dissapointing, I doubt he will get a second chance to be honest and if he does, its fair to say he has a lot of work to do.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Worst performance/Biggest dissapointment of UFC 109?-Prelem fights Empty Re: Worst performance/Biggest dissapointment of UFC 109?-Prelem fights

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:11 pm

I was a poor card, but i'll let that one go considering what we've got coming up!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Worst performance/Biggest dissapointment of UFC 109?-Prelem fights Empty Re: Worst performance/Biggest dissapointment of UFC 109?-Prelem fights

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm

It was by no means a great event,but to be fair I didn't really expect fireworks going into it,thats why I predicted that there would be no KO's on the card.

I was though expecting to see some great ground work,especially from the Maia,Miller fight but that didn't work out did it.really disapionted with that fight.

I enjoyed the Sonnen-Nate fight but not in the way I was hoping to enjoy it,Sonnen fought a great fight and I can't take anything away from him for it,Nate on the other hand was shocking.

Rolles gracie was awfull and looked more like a tired Herman Munster than a pro fighter,have no interest in seeing him again,if he turns up like that.

I thought Torres beat Melvin personally and was quite shocked when Melvin got the win,Torres looked good,he has a good chin and is very good on the ground,he needs to work on his cardio though,as he seemed to have a crash during the 2nd rd,though he did seem to recover slightly for the 3rd.

wasn't impressed with Danzig at all,think it's only a matter of time before he is cut.

I was hoping The Trigg,serra fight would be a long battle,but trigg looked awfull in his standup,with his chin in the air.
    Was his plan really to just try and counter jab over the top of every Serra attack.

I enjoyed Thiagos finish on swick,that was a bit of class,even though I predicted swick UD.

And Randy just looked several classes above Coleman and gave him a one sided beat down,and if it wasn't for Coleman having a good chin it would of been over alot sooner,but still a quality sub to finish him.

the greatest highlight for me of the night was to be witness to Davis's debut,I can't praise this kid enough and I honestly believe given time he will be one of the greats of the division.

Haven't seen the Emerson,Nover or Tusch,Hague fights so can't comment on them.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:29 pm

P. Tiago was a good finish though!! He looks pritty impressive! The Gracie fight was possibly one of the funniest things i've ever seen in MMA he was in one word "FUCKED". Man I think I could have taken his opponent!! He gassed like no one has ever gassed before, he fell asleep at the end!!

Sonnen was a mess after his fight, me and ma bro said if you walked in and started watching just before the annoncement you would have though Nate smashed him! But fair play to Sonnen he put everything into his fight!! Someone with good takedown defence like Anderson will kill him though sorry to say!!

Other than that I agree with everything you say dude!
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:32 pm

I think Nate may've been guilty of looking past Sonnen and was thinking about a title shot.
    I'm not taking anything away from Sonnen tho, excellant performance from him but can he really troublr anderson or vitor???
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Anderson has poor, almost non-existant takedown defense. Sonnen can take him down but I think Silva will KO him before it gets to that stage, and if it gets there, Silva will probably submit him. He can beat Belfort but Belfort is extremly dangerous so I don't know.

thought Torres beat Melvin personally and was quite shocked when Melvin got the win,Torres looked good,he has a good chin and is very good on the ground,he needs to work on his cardio though,as he seemed to have a crash during the 2nd rd,though he did seem to recover slightly for the 3rd.

Really? First easily went to Torres, second went to Guillard easily and the third was really close. I gave it to Melvin because he got mount right at the end and got the punches. Close fight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:14 pm

I'm in no way am saying Torres was completely robbed,I saw the fight the same way to how you thought it went,Torres won rd 1,Melvin won the second,just that I thought Torres won the last rd and I was expecting it to be his name announced as the winner.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:31 pm

i think Gracie was asleep.Sleep
    but the punches had nothing to do with it, he slumped to the ground for a nap due to exhaustion.

seriously he was the biggest dissapointment.

Coleman was the worst i have ever seen him by far and i have seen probably more than 20 of his fights, but 92% of UFC.com expected him to lose.

I thought Chael might pull it off in exactly the fashion he did, though i was still pleasantly surprised. Nate wasn't given a chance to do anything apart from a couple of sub attempts and a cheap elbow, he was well and truly hustled and he couldnt handle it.

but Gracie.

i think the phrase "you have brought shame on this family" applies here.

fuck.

he really screwed up my prediction round.

i was so sure he would submit him in the first.

have you guys seen the rest of his fights?

they went exactly the same as the Beltran fight, apart from when he had their back, he choked them out instead of letting them escape.

his longest fight before this was about 2 minutes before he submitted the guy so i guess he never worried about cardio (at all). I understand he is a very large man but foor fucks sake.

after Beltran escaped the position, Gracie attempted one more takedown, failed and was done for the night.

this was around the half way stage of round one. cheers

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 pm

I heard the Tuchscherer-Hague fight was a good one, Tuch landing good punches in first 2 rounds, trying to take Hague down alot of times but cage coming into the rescue for Hague. And 3rd round was all Hague, had him mounted, pounding away but unable to finish.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:57 pm

The Gracie fight gets worse everytime I watch it. He started off well enough but that has to be the worst conditioning ive ever seen, he was lying on the ground taking a nap everytime he got an oppurtunity! Worst conditioning than Meathead, shocking.

Something must be up, he must have had some problem going into that, some insomnia problem, jetlag or sleeping pills or something because I can not beleive anyone would have conditioning like that. Fucking awful. Beltran's punches didn't do shit, Gracie just fell Sleep
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Do you think they will give Rolles another chance?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Could be a fight Kimbo might take now Smile ,I would personally give Hague a chance at him if the UFC don't cut either.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Really not sure, he lost to a jobber and looked terrible in doing so. They should go talk with him and tell him if he wants to stay he needs to do some work.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:13 pm

I know its hard to judge due to Rolles getting so gassed during the fight, but i think Beltran did a great job early in the round in avoiding the submissions, and sprawling when Rolles was going for takedowns. All with only 5 days notice in taking up the fight. I can respect that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:47 pm