THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
hendos_right_hook
Anfields5thKing
6 posters

Two Legends Set To Meet In Strikeforce!

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Two Legends Set To Meet In Strikeforce! Empty Two Legends Set To Meet In Strikeforce!

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 am

hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Two Legends Set To Meet In Strikeforce! Empty Re: Two Legends Set To Meet In Strikeforce!

Post  hendos_right_hook Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:30 am

This should be good. Looking forward to it! Very Happy

Two true legends of the sport going at it is always exciting
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Two Legends Set To Meet In Strikeforce! Empty Re: Two Legends Set To Meet In Strikeforce!

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 am

Pat looked to have really worked on his Boxing last I saw him... He KO'd Thomas Denny and looked great doing so. Shamrock was a better fighter than Pat ever was and is the bigger guy but PAt seems confident in the interveiws..

He says he has rolled with Frank and Frank cant take him down or sub him and says Frank certainly isnt going to outstrike him...

Pat wants the match at 170lbs but Id expect a catchweight or 185lbs...

Really looking forward to this one, Sakuraba vs Frank would have been better but Im really looking forward to this one.

Also did anyone notice that Frank has a complex about size like Mir? Every time some one had a reach advantage last Strikeforce he circled it and commented on it... Mir was upset he want big enough to fight Brock, F.Shammy seems up upset that Diaz had him ranged! I just realised he is listed at 74" reach... Diaz's reach isnt exceptionally long (I watched SF again last nite and forgot to check if Wikipedia was right) but they list Diaz at 74" and Frank at 72"

Diaz doesnt have a huge reach when you consider fighers like Saunders has near 78" reach as does Rumble Johnson... Even his wee bro has 76".... Frank seemed to think reach is why he lost... I think he was just outclassed! Hope Pat him here!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:32 am

two all time greats and 2 of my favourite fighters.

also they were champ at the same time (i think) and two of the first fighters who were adept at every area of mma.

this should be a great fight they are well matched all around. with frank possibly a advantage on the ground, but will he be able to get it there with his shot knees?
    and pat possibly an advantage on the feet but will Frank be bigger and too strong for him?

cannot wait!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:56 pm

This would be a great fight, but Frank will have to be careful if he tries to bring his crazy antics into the fight. Milletich will be all busines so Frank will end up looking stupid if he showboats and gets subbed for his trouble....

I love everything that Frank does, he's easily one of my favourite ever fighters, but I fear that he's too much of a promoter these days.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Would be excellent to see, Two legends. Two of the first well rounded fighters fighters EVER, id love to see it. Shamrock is the better grappler, Milletich is the better striker IMO, lets make it happen.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:32 pm

I think Frank is better in every aspect. It just depends on how much he wants it and how hard he trains.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:00 am